cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG motherboard with dual sata express?

AliseSML79
Level 7
*I was curious, are there any official ROG motherboard that have two Sata express ports on them still. I only ask is because I want to use the 3.1 front panel devices and they connect via Sata express.*

*Thanks in Advance, AliceSML79*
13 REPLIES 13

AliseSML79
Level 7
Looks like the*ROG STRIX X99 GAMING is a good option but a 40 lane CPU is massive price increases.

AliseSML79 wrote:
Looks like the*ROG STRIX X99 GAMING is a good option but a 40 lane CPU is massive price increases.

*Sorry I forgot to answer why I was going with the 40 length CPU. I want to run dual graphic cards at full X 16 speeds for one. As well as having a M.2 drive running on the system. If I did all that on the 28th Ln. CPU I would have to run it 8 x 8 I think .

I_G_SYME
Level 7
AliseSML79 wrote:
*I was curious, are there any official ROG motherboard that have two Sata express ports on them still. I only ask is because I want to use the 3.1 front panel devices and they connect via Sata express.*

*Thanks in Advance, AliceSML79*

I too live in hope of somebody bring out a front panel 3.1 which would plug directly in to the motherboard header. That was 2 months ago and I am still waiting!!

I.G.SYME@BTINTERNET.COM wrote:
I too live in hope of somebody bring out a front panel 3.1 which would plug directly in to the motherboard header. That was 2 months ago and I am still waiting!!

That would definitely be a novel idea. The sucky part is the case that I'm using doesn't even have USB 3.0. So I'm going to get the Asus 3.0 3 1/2 inch USB 3.0 box. And then for my three 5 1/4 inch drive bays. I was going to get both the type a and type C 3.1 USB panels. And for the final 5.25" day, I'm going to add the ROG OC panel. I just want it for monitoring purposes, I wish could get the front base instead. But with only three *5 1/4 base, there just isn't enough room with the USB 3.1 panels.*

Chino
Level 15
SATA Express has been dropped in the Z270 ROG motherboards. If you need them, you'll have to choose between Z170 or X99.

I'm looking at the x99 Strix. But I like features of deluxe ii better. But Strix has ROG extension header. Are there any other ROG motherboards in the X 99 lineup that have dual sata express?*

The rampage v extreme has a sata express? Because from what I could see it only had 10 sata ports. But I could be wrong could somebody tell me for sure?

Thanks in Advance *

AliseSML79 wrote:
The rampage v extreme has a sata express? Because from what I could see it only had 10 sata ports. But I could be wrong could somebody tell me for sure?

Thanks in Advance *

From the specifications page.

New Intel® Core™ i7 Processors :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, gray, , with M Key, type 2260/2280/22110 storage devices support ( Supports PCIE SSDs only)
Intel® X99 chipset :
1 x SATA Express port, red, compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
8 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s),
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
Supports Intel® Smart Response Technology, Intel® Rapid Recovery Technology*5
ASMedia® SATA Express controller : *6
1 x SATA Express port, red, compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports