cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia Releases Titan Xp

panzlock
Level 12
No that is not a typo, it reads TitanXp, so basically the GTX 1080 Ti release obliterated the Titan X sales right, but the GP102 GPU has more shader processors available. You now have guessed it, we're going full circle. The Nvidia TitanXp is GP102 GPU with the full 3840 shader processors enabled.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-silently-launches-3840-shader-cores-nvidia-titanxp.html

3840 Shader cores for only $1349.00
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.
51 REPLIES 51

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Nice...full fat at last...but too pricey too late...

Menthol
Level 14
I like em full and fat

haihane
Level 13
panzlock wrote:
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-silently-launches-3840-shader-cores-nvidia-titanxp.html

3840 Shader cores for only $1349.00

no. just no.
i'll be happy with 1080ti.

there are many other ways to spend 650 bucks than to pay for "top dog tax" for a few months.

also, as a side news, even Jayz2cents *****ed about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYlMrxIgoME
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
It's been exact same release cycle as original titan.....should be no surprise to anybody frankly....

FuryA
Level 8
Titan Xp only available at NV Store :eek:

panzlock
Level 12
AMD needs to launch Vega quick, fast and in a hurry because Nvidia is just milking the sucker since they know the sucker likes getting milked in exchange for benchmark bragging rights.

As Jayz mentions in the video haihane posted, they release a $1200 Titan, followed by a $699 1080 Ti which attained minimal performance gains over its divine predecessor. Now, once again Nvidia will outdo their tuned 1080 but at a significant price increase which does not reflect performance benefits compared to the Ti. Anyone opting out of a 1080 Ti for this new Titan Xp is an idiot, and I will openly say this despite any backlash I may receive because it's the truth. And anyone who purchases any product with marginal performance growth over the previous generation is simply empowering these companies to sustain such a pricing trend.

I was planning a new build for my daughter because the hand-me down PC she inherited following my recent build is displaying numerous afflictions. The way Intel and Nvidia are behaving I swear I will assemble an all AMD cast out of general principal. Not to take away from Ryzen's performance, which is exceptional and obviously the primary reason for my choice aside form reasonable pricing. But with VGAs it's a little tougher since the RX 480 is currently the best AMD product which I can afford. But I also have patience so I will wait for Vega and if I don't like what I see I can always snag an ROG Strix RX 480 for cheap.

panzlock wrote:
Anyone opting out of a 1080 Ti for this new Titan Xp is an idiot, and I will openly say this despite any backlash I may receive because it's the truth

Color me "idiot"! I have a 1080 Ti coming tomorrow (Tuesday) and the 'new' Titan Xp is coming Wednesday. The 1080 Ti will not be un-packaged by me, it will be re-homed. And in case you're interested I'm currently using an 'old' Titan X (Pascal) with a modded EVGA 1080 hybrid cooler.

Heini wrote:
Color me "idiot"! I have a 1080 Ti coming tomorrow (Tuesday) and the 'new' Titan Xp is coming Wednesday. The 1080 Ti will not be un-packaged by me, it will be re-homed. And in case you're interested I'm currently using an 'old' Titan X (Pascal) with a modded EVGA 1080 hybrid cooler.

...Done.

panzlock wrote:
...Done.

I don't really understand why you are being so confrontational and judgemental. It's a free market and people can buy anything they want, be it because they don't care about money spent, or they have a baseline performance requirement that only a Titan Xp meets, or just one for bragging rights.

As you yourself have stated, the absolutely majority will see 1080 Ti as an exceptional bargain and so the volume of 1080 Ti sales will be unprecedentedly high compared to Titan X (Pascal) and Titan Xp combined. So the few Titan sales will have no real effect on pricing of future xx70/xx80/xx80 Ti cards.

Exactly what invokes so much hatred over people who are going to buy this new Titan is beyond me.
He who invokes history is always secure.
The dead will not rise to witness against him.

You can accuse them of any deeds you like.
Their reply will always be silence.