Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia 381.65 released

Nate152
11 REPLIES 11

Menthol
Level 14
This driver is needed for the Win 10 creators update, which you can download and update now,
https://www.techpowerup.com/232159/windows-10-creators-update-available-for-download

Nate152
Cool, I didn't update windows and it installed ok. My windows version is windows 10 home 64-bit build 14393.

Getting ready to give it a try.

Menthol
Level 14
it will work fine on any build, maybe not needed for the new build,
from Techpowerup
"The drivers come with optimization for "Quake Champions" closed beta. This isn't, however, the biggest change with these drivers. These are the first WHQL-signed drivers from NVIDIA to support WDDM 2.2, and with it, the upcoming Windows 10 Creators Update, due for April 11th. The drivers also add DTS X and Dolby Atmos support for 5.1.2 speaker configuration through the GPU's in-built audio controller (which outputs from the HDMI and DP connectors). Also added is support for Dolby Vision. Games "Snake Pass" and "Kona" get support for NVIDIA Ansel. There's also the curious case of the driver's release-notes mentioning "Added support for the NVIDIA TITAN Xp." Could this indicate a new TITAN SKU being on the horizon?"

The creators update has the game mode that may interest you

Nate152
Wow, some nice updates for sure. I'm going to look into this new windows update, will you be updating to it ?

Thanks for the information on it.

Nate152
The new driver is working good, here's a little clip of Mafia III with 381.65.

The pausing is from the cpu being maxed to 100%.

ottoyu34
Level 9
Reminds me that I should check out Mafia 3, I had a great experience with Mafia 2 a while back.

hi guys, just to inform, i got brightness issues after installing the latest driver in my gtx980m so i went to the nvidia forum and got this
"For users unable to install driver 381.65 on their Asus laptop, we have published an FAQ addressing this:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4448/"

so there is a list with many rog laptops having not only this issues but many others, i had to go to a previous version of the driver.

I took the plunge tonight and upgraded both NVidia drivers and Windows 10. Seems stable so far, War Thunder running fine.

rachcampitos wrote:
hi guys, just to inform, i got brightness issues after installing the latest driver in my gtx980m so i went to the nvidia forum and got this
"For users unable to install driver 381.65 on their Asus laptop, we have published an FAQ addressing this:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4448/"

so there is a list with many rog laptops having not only this issues but many others, i had to go to a previous version of the driver.

Definitely be careful installing these drivers on asus laptop. Had to reinstall windows the first time I installed them, then restore the second time. A few other Asus laptop owners had issues as well according to the NVidia forums, and it all varied on graphics cards used.