Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ithorien View Post
    Based on this thread, that's at this point expected. What a scumbag move. No more Asus, they don't deserve our money.
    True. I am definitely going for Dell XPS now, it will come in 5k, 1060 gtx option. And their service is far better than Asus. I really feel like suing these guys. 1600$ box cant even update windows 10.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ajsupahiya View Post
    True. I am definitely going for Dell XPS now, it will come in 5k, 1060 gtx option. And their service is far better than Asus. I really feel like suing these guys. 1600$ box cant even update windows 10.
    Technically we are covered under certain protections when buying products in the US (I'm assuming you're in the states, if that's not right then this could be different) and should be able to take these people to court. Problem is, how much time and money will end up being wasted, which is most definitely what they're banking on us not doing. My laptop was ~$1800, and I feel like the court fines/etc will be much higher, the only hope would be a high settlement but I don't have faith.

It would have been nice to have literally any other moderator like cl-Albert or MasterC@Asus care about this problem after the other guy left, but I feel like it might be reflective of the company's approach to this issue.

It's fine though, because I used to literally buy Asus products if they were available in the category I was shopping, so they'll no longer enjoy receiving money from me for anything, and I guess that's good enough for me. Routers, mobos, GFX cards, you name it. All because they fail to provide decent support. Hope it was worth it Asus
    Last edited by ithorien; 11-21-2017 at 04:47 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

If this helps, I have a GL702ZC which had the same issue of refusing to install the Fall Creator update.
    It also had issues with games and programs creating saves and autosaves... some even flat out refused to install because of this.
    This issue was presenting itself with a pre-installed Win 10 x64 Home Asus put on the laptop.

I tried factory resetting the laptop... which reached 40%, but then stopped, undid the process and threw me back into Windows.
    I was able to install the Fall Creator update eventually with help of an Windows 10 update client from Microsoft... but that didn't resolve the issue of games and programs refusing to produce saved games.
    Also, the factory reset became completely invisible/unusable with the Fall Creator update... the partition was still there and intact, just the computer was unable to access or use it.

In the end, the only thing that DID work was to do a clean Windows 10 install on the SSD (I only erased the partition with the OS, left everything else intact).
    The games were now producing saves along with other software, and Windows was able to fully upgrade itself along with Fall Creator update without produing errors or wrecking anything in the process.

It was short lived though as I recently installed Mass Effect Andromeda and for unknown reason, after several days of playing the game as usual, yesterday, the fans just ramped up to 100% after several hours of playing the game refusing to cycle down even after exiting into Windows and making sure no other processes were active.
    The fans now go to 100% with initial boot of the laptop and are like that even in BIOS/UEFI.
    I made no changes to any system files, ROG gaming center. I didn't drop the laptop nor have I tried to open it up.
    Another colleague of mine suggested it could be a hardware failure because of early adoption. While I am open to that possibility (and would require RMA-ing the laptop), it might also be possible that the thermal paste dried out and is forcing the fans automatically to max out from boot.
    It isn't a software issue and it can't be as I remember that when I used ROG gaming center before to change fan settings, they reverted themselves with a system restart.

Problem is that since it's a laptop, Asus locks down the BIOS/UEFI and one cannot make adjustments to the fan manually.

In a nutshell, the laptop seemed to have launched with a broken pre-installed Windows which prevented major updates, and games/software from producing saves/autosaves, and of course the factory reset never worked properly to begin with.
    I was told these issues can be blamed easily on Microsoft, but Asus is at least partly responsible because they need to ensure their systems function properly with new software.

So, your issue of not being able to install Fall Creator update is pretty much the same as mine... so it could be down to that... only difference is, you did a clean install and in your case, it didn't help at all.

ROG Member Array

So here's a little story for context; I was recently speaking to a few coworkers/associates about this issue in particular, and I even went as far as saying how I've always been buying Asus, been a fan of the hardware, etc. While it may be objective, it was a culmination of five different individuals in addition to myself.

Almost immediately after I finished explaining the story, unanimously, everyone of them agreed that while the products are great, god forbid you need support. They all again unanimously agreed that Asus' support is one of the WORST industry wide, and that stories like this are dime a dozen for their products. Everything is fantastic and the hardware is good, UNTIL you need support. If you land yourself in that unfortunate position, you'll be met with the same treatment we have. Abandonment and deflection of blame.

Hearing these stories from five others, all experiencing this at some point of their career, it only solidified my decision to never shop their products ever again. I don't feel like playing russian roulette just because a company can't provide proper support.
    Last edited by ithorien; 11-24-2017 at 09:28 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by poptaz3r View Post

Ok in BIOS under advanced changing the Smart self test setting to DISABLE. This allowed the update AE>CE install to complete with no BCD fails.

Another BIOS change I made was to turn off secure boot because it was preventing me from entering recovery environment (safe mode)

So with both of these settings changed in the BIOS I am back on the stock NVMe drive and all appears stable with no reboot BCD errors.
    Thanks you, it worked also for me!!

Hey Guy's

I didn't googled enough for a working solution :/

So i ReInstalled my gl502vs-fy045t and now i have the Windows10 Update but i didnt have the eSupport Folder anymore...

I didnt find any eSupport folder for my Laptop

So Please could anyone Upload the Folder for me and Share it here pls.

I want my Asus Programms back

Thanks for Helping and Greetz =)

New ROGer Array

Fix?

From this question: https://superuser.com/questions/1260...me-ssd/1260945 can we assume that a fix is coming our way, too? Or has ASUS completely abandoned us?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by bene1 View Post
    From this question: https://superuser.com/questions/1260...me-ssd/1260945 can we assume that a fix is coming our way, too? Or has ASUS completely abandoned us?
    Pretty sure we're abandoned, because this company believes that one community manager leaving is cause to abandon an issue that's affecting many users. I only keep this page bookmarked to refresh it periodically and realize what kind of joke Asus support and their communication to customers is. Vote with your wallet, purchase other brands.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ithorien View Post
    Pretty sure we're abandoned, because this company believes that one community manager leaving is cause to abandon an issue that's affecting many users. I only keep this page bookmarked to refresh it periodically and realize what kind of joke Asus support and their communication to customers is. Vote with your wallet, purchase other brands.
    I visited ASUS service center in my country for this issue last week.
    They said they are aware of the problem but they waiting for an official resolution from the HQ in Taiwan. They still don't know how long it will take.

Hi everybody,
    Just to pass this into the New Year, I have a GL502VS (6700 CPU) laptop, purchased in Nov. 2016.
    Had the same update issue until, following this thread, I disabled “Smart Self Testing” in bios and managed to update without problems. I have not re-enabled it yet (not feeling courageous enough these days) so I do not know what it will happen then.
    I want to mention here that previously I tried many times (starting in September I think) to upgrade AE of Windows 10 but every time failed and returned to same version. When I contacted Asus Support, they redirected the issue to local support in my country, Greece, which as someone can expect, it’s a joke. In a few words they asked me to update all drivers and then when the issue was not solved to contact them by phone or bring the laptop for a RMA. I didn’t do it firstly because their phone support hours coincides with my working hours (Mon. to Fri. 9 to 17) and secondly I do not trust them.
    Anyhow, reading this thread until the end in hoping to find a solution, left a bitter taste in my mouth regarding the way Asus is treating it’s costumers or should I say former costumers actually, because nobody can understand or accept the lack of support on obvious issues related to expensive machines like the gl502vs.
    That’s a pitty.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast