Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Immortal Array MacLeod PC Specs
    MacLeod PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition
    MotherboardIntel® Mobile CM236 Express Chipset
    ProcessorOverclocked Intel Skylake-K Quad Core i7-6820HK Processor (Base Frq: 2.7GHz)
    Memory (part number)64GB Overclocked DDR4 2400MHz DRAM (4x16GB)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 (8.0GB) GDDR5 (Pascal) w/Optimus™ Technology
    Graphics Card #2VR Ready
    Graphics Card #31.2MP HD Camera
    Graphics Card #4External Monitor = ASUS VH242H
    Sound CardRealtek w/ Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar (Dolby® 3D Stereo Enhanced Sound System)
    Monitor17.3" FHD (1920*1080) Hardware G-Sync 178° View-Angle & ASUS VH242H
    Storage #1512 GB NVMe PCIeG3x4 SSD (4x speed of Sata SSD) + 1TB (7200 RPM)
    Storage #22TB WD My Passport Ultra
    CPU CoolerHyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System w/3D Mobile Vapor Chamber Cooling & Dust-Release Fan
    CaseArmor Titanium and Plasma Copper (Dimensions (WxHxD) 16.4" x 1.9" x 12.7") (Weight 9.5 lbs)
    Power Supply8 Cells - Smart Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (64WHrs) 230W AC Adapter
    Keyboard Tactile Chiclet Backlit Keyboard with 30-Key Rollover & External Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse
    Headset Asus Orion Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ROG
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System & Altec Lansing Speakers
    OS Genuine Windows® 10 Professional 64bit
    Network RouterARRIS TOUCHSTONE DOCSIS 3.0 DG1670A
    Accessory #1 Dual-Band Intel® Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 4.2
    Accessory #2 DL DVD±RW/CD-RW 8x Super Multi Combo Drive
    Accessory #3 ASUS Republic of Gamers Nomad Backpack

GeForce Hotfix Driver 381.78!!!

HOTFIX:

GeForce Hotfix Driver 381.78!!!

NOTE: The GeForce Hot Fix driver version 381.78 addresses the following 381.65 driver issue:

-Fixes Windows 10 Creators Update booting to a black screen on certain notebooks

381.78 = https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...UyMSUyMQ%3D%3D
    Last edited by MacLeod; 04-20-2017 at 08:04 PM.
    There Can Be Only One!

Immortal Array MacLeod PC Specs
    MacLeod PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition
    MotherboardIntel® Mobile CM236 Express Chipset
    ProcessorOverclocked Intel Skylake-K Quad Core i7-6820HK Processor (Base Frq: 2.7GHz)
    Memory (part number)64GB Overclocked DDR4 2400MHz DRAM (4x16GB)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 (8.0GB) GDDR5 (Pascal) w/Optimus™ Technology
    Graphics Card #2VR Ready
    Graphics Card #31.2MP HD Camera
    Graphics Card #4External Monitor = ASUS VH242H
    Sound CardRealtek w/ Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar (Dolby® 3D Stereo Enhanced Sound System)
    Monitor17.3" FHD (1920*1080) Hardware G-Sync 178° View-Angle & ASUS VH242H
    Storage #1512 GB NVMe PCIeG3x4 SSD (4x speed of Sata SSD) + 1TB (7200 RPM)
    Storage #22TB WD My Passport Ultra
    CPU CoolerHyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System w/3D Mobile Vapor Chamber Cooling & Dust-Release Fan
    CaseArmor Titanium and Plasma Copper (Dimensions (WxHxD) 16.4" x 1.9" x 12.7") (Weight 9.5 lbs)
    Power Supply8 Cells - Smart Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (64WHrs) 230W AC Adapter
    Keyboard Tactile Chiclet Backlit Keyboard with 30-Key Rollover & External Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse
    Headset Asus Orion Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ROG
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System & Altec Lansing Speakers
    OS Genuine Windows® 10 Professional 64bit
    Network RouterARRIS TOUCHSTONE DOCSIS 3.0 DG1670A
    Accessory #1 Dual-Band Intel® Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 4.2
    Accessory #2 DL DVD±RW/CD-RW 8x Super Multi Combo Drive
    Accessory #3 ASUS Republic of Gamers Nomad Backpack

The GeForce Hot Fix driver version 381.78 addresses the following:

-Fixes Windows 10 Creators Update booting to a black screen on certain notebooks
    Last edited by MacLeod; 04-20-2017 at 07:21 PM.
    There Can Be Only One!

ROG Junior Member Array

same issue with G75VW update

I am having the same issue with a G75VW laptop.

ROG Member Array

Doesnt work on the GL502VS.................

ROG Member Array

Doesn't work on gl502vs,same story "no compatibile hardware"

ROG Enthusiast Array

It has been said multiple times in this thread that you have to mod the inf and install the driver with driver singature enforcement disabled.

http://null-bin.blogspot.de/2015/08/...ok-driver.html

If you do not want to do that wait for the next WHQL driver which wuill fix the issue.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Any update from windows or Asus guys? Seems like Asus forgot about GL502VS. Strangely out of so many reviews on amazon.com no one is talking about this.

ROG Member Array

Well I tried to install the hotfix by going through the steps provided to modify the INF file, but the driver failed mid-installation. The driver was totally gone so I had to reinstall the latest stable version (378.92) just to get things working.

Guess I have to wait until Nvidia releases the next stable update which includes the GL502VS.

The question I have now is after reading a variety of posts, is the Creator's Update issue caused by the black screen during restart (which the Nvidia driver was targeted to fix), or is it actually caused by the bad UEFI configuration by ASUS on the machine itself?

If it's the former, then we'll see a fix pretty soon once the Nvidia driver comes out. But if it's an ASUS issue, let's just say I have no faith that ASUS will get to us quickly (if at all). We'll have to make lots of noise to get their attention since that's a deep issue that no graphics driver will actually solve.

New ROGer Array

The Windows 10 Creator Update for GL502VS issue needs to be addressed by Asus. I did the cold shut down method and was able install the update but restarting the computer would give the BCD boot error. So I restored from a backup to Anniversary Edition.

I came across a Microsoft article that basically says that it is up to the vendors to decide if their systems will support CU update and as of now Asus is on the list of compatible with Anniversary Edition only.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2-ad0d5c738923

We need more voices asking Asus to address this. I have an open technical Inquiry ticket with them about this issue and after the initial reply acknowledging the ticket, it has been silent for going on12 days even though I follow up every couple of days.

I can't say I feel good about the Asus silence. I did not buy a mid/high end gaming laptop to be hobbled by lack of support for an OS update. Especially when the OS in question adds gaming specific perks.
    Last edited by poptaz3r; 04-25-2017 at 05:48 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by poptaz3r View Post
    I came across a Microsoft article that basically says that it is up to the vendors to decide if their systems will support CU update and as of now Asus is on the list of compatible with Anniversary Edition only.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2-ad0d5c738923

I can't say I feel good about the Asus silence. I did not buy a mid/high end gaming laptop to be hobbled by lack of support for an OS update. Especially when the OS in question adds gaming specific perks.
    That is absolutely nuts that the Creator's Update isn't supported not just by ASUS but by so many other manufacturers. I agree that such a recent laptop should not be hobbled by something as simple as an update to the OS.

I got an ASUS because I wanted to AVOID the problems I saw with other manufacturers, not to have ASUS one-up those previous experiences.

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast