Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by kingKAI View Post
    1. what are the specs of your machine?
    2. current version you are using?
    3. did you use OS migration software before?
    Its ROG Gl502vs i7 256gb ssd 1tb hdd.
    I am on 1709, just trying to update to 1803

ROG Member Array

This winload efi happening again with 1803 update lol. Previously i worked around it with clean install to get 1607. 1607 to 1709 with os clone to sata bcs updating on sata got no problem. This is on G752VY,,, this time i was hopeful bcs samsung released new driver, but still no candy. Will end up doing the whole clone to sata to update shenanigan most likely, what a joke

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ajsupahiya View Post
    Its ROG Gl502vs i7 256gb ssd 1tb hdd.
    I am on 1709, just trying to update to 1803

we have the same family of laptops. THE ASUS ROG GL502V series. My problem originated when I "MIGRATED" my OS from HDD to SAMSUNG SSD. Thus my HDD has the parent clone and my SSD has the COPIED OS which then became my primary boot drive.

Never had any success from upgrading to 1709. What I did? as recommended by answers.microsoft.com

1. REMOVE my HDD (microsoft doesnt like having the PARENT OS when there is a major BIG update)
    2. Back up essential files,
    3. Installled 1709 ISO thru USB boot. deleted all my partitions. Had a CLEAN INSTALL of 1709

Never had a any problem since.
    On May 1, 2018, successfully upgraded to 1803 version using the built in windows 10 update. entire process takes 20-30 minutes (from download to installation).

ROG Enthusiast Array

we have the same family of laptops. THE ASUS ROG GL502V series. My problem originated when I "MIGRATED" my OS from HDD to SAMSUNG SSD. Thus my HDD has the parent clone and my SSD has the COPIED OS which then became my primary boot drive.

Never had any success from upgrading to 1709. What I did? as recommended by answers.microsoft.com

1. REMOVE my HDD (microsoft doesnt like having the PARENT OS when there is a major BIG update)
    2. Back up essential files,
    3. Installled 1709 ISO thru USB boot. deleted all my partitions. Had a CLEAN INSTALL of 1709

Never had a any problem since.
    On May 1, 2018, successfully upgraded to 1803 version using the built in windows 10 update. entire process takes 20-30 minutes (from download to installation).
    Thanks for replying. This is really frustrating, even disabling SMART is not helping this time. What a joke indeed.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks for replying. This is really frustrating, even disabling SMART is not helping this time. What a joke indeed.
    Indeed, i have been frustrated for months. I even posted my problems at official microsoft forums at answers.microsoft.com
    common error code i had was 0x80070057 and 0xC1900101 - 0x20017

1. None of the USUAL microsoft troubleshoot crap works. I tried them all.
    2. Did not attempt to proceed to BSOD repair. (steps were complicated )
    3. Only a CLEAN INSTALL works. (thats my advise to you)

May i ask?

1. What is your error code?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Indeed, i have been frustrated for months. I even posted my problems at official microsoft forums at answers.microsoft.com
    common error code i had was 0x80070057 and 0xC1900101 - 0x20017

1. None of the USUAL microsoft troubleshoot crap works. I tried them all.
    2. Did not attempt to proceed to BSOD repair. (steps were complicated )
    3. Only a CLEAN INSTALL works. (thats my advise to you)

May i ask?

1. What is your error code?
    There is no error code as such, whenever I try to update - on 15% it restarts and getting stuck on asus logo.

ROG Enthusiast Array

There is no error code as such, whenever I try to update - on 15% it restarts and getting stuck on asus logo.
    After it gets stuck on ASUS logo, what did you do NEXT?

1. FORCE shutdown? HOLD POWER BUTTON for 10 seconds. What happens if you restart?

You havent answered my question earlier, did you use OS migration? transferred your OS to a faster SSD?

ROG Enthusiast Array

After it gets stuck on ASUS logo, what did you do NEXT?

1. FORCE shutdown? HOLD POWER BUTTON for 10 seconds. What happens if you restart?

You havent answered my question earlier, did you use OS migration? transferred your OS to a faster SSD?
    No I havent used OS migration , I dont have a spare ssd for now.
    After Asus logo I did force shutdown and then on restart its going on the screen saying - restoring previous version of your windows...

Even after disabling SMART same thing is happening.

ROG Member Array

I wonder what kind of workaround this scumbag company will come up with for 1803.

New ROGer Array

GL502vs 6th gen here. I too struggled with the 1703 update months ago and had to disable SMART in BIOS. I figured 1803 update would cause similar issues and yes mine too hung at 15% or 30%, restarts on its own and then restores previous installation. SMART on or off did not make a difference. The errors in the setup log led me to a Microsoft page about checking drivers. I realized at some point that I had manually installed the Samsung NVME storage controller driver. I uninstalled the driver, rebooted and could never boot back into Windows kept getting errors after POST. I ended up having to reset using Windows 10 Recovery menu and then was able to update to 1803. No issues with SMART on or off. The storage controller driver was a standard microsoft driver. I then manually installed Samsung NVME 3.0 driver and all is still good. We are long overdue for a BIOS update with the microcode fixes too. Bit ridiculous for a $1,600 laptop.

TLDR, messed with Samsung NVME storage controller driver, caused laptop to not boot, had to reset using Win 10 recovery menu, then no problems updating to build 1803.

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast