Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 354
  1. #141
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Definitely SSD problem. Please release the firmware soon. I am on GL502vs and I dont want to update by changing my BIOS default settings.

  2. #142
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Post Confirmed workaround

    Confirming the SMART trick did the trick for CU

  3. #143
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array davemon50 PC Specs
    davemon50 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY-DH72 (17") and Asus G752VT-DH74 (17")
    MotherboardAsus ROG LGA2011-v3 Rampage V Edition 10, x99 EATX
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6950X Extreme 10-core 25MB Cache 3.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR4 DRAM 64GB-4x16 3333 (CMK64GX4M4B3333C16R)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Graphics Card #2Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi Audio DAC
    Monitor(2) Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-inch monitors
    Storage #1(3) SSD's - Samsung 960 1TB M.2, Intel 535 480G, Intel 510 250G
    Storage #2(3) HDD's - Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5-in SATA III 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H80
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D Black, ATX, Mid Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair Digital AXi-Series AX1200i (1200W) 80+ Platinum Rating
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse Logitech Wireless MX Anywhere 2
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    davemon50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    1,002

    W10 is harassing me non-stop with this Creators update. I can't go 3 hours of computing without it forcing me to look at the updates that include it. Once Windows even locked everything else up except to accept the update, I had to do a reboot to get rid of the window. So I downloaded the MS utility that allows me to hide updates for W10, which would take CU out of the update list. I might have to use that utility, or just bite the bullet and do the stinking update. All these horror stories so I'm still holding on. Anyone else experiencing this and still holding out?
    Davemon50

  4. #144
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will be released in about two months, and we still don't have a real solution to this ~4 months old problem.

    A workaround has been known for about 2-3 months (no thanks to neither ASUS nor Microsoft), and yet it seems that other than passing the blame around, no one has come and said: "Ah, if turning off SMART in the BIOS does the job, then the problem is ___ and the solution is ___".

    So right now I've a brand new laptop that cost me money I barely have, discharges when plugged in, and freezes when trying to install a major update. What's going to be the official reply on this issue? "After further internal discussion, a solution unfortunately can’t be offered due to us simply not caring about our customers. Peace."

    Seriously, two major issues with a laptop I have since the beginning of March. Can I get my money back, please?

  5. #145
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    40

    Not likely

    Mine has been in twice now for hardware issues (bought mine last year at Microcenter). First time wasn't hardware, but was the creators update not going on, support said send it in ($100 in shipping + insurance) and I get back a system with the image freshly pressed on it which still won't update without playing with the BIOS. I give up and just use it, then it starts hard freezing when playing games (a gaming laptop mind you), I can't prove what the problem is, temp or battery or whatever. I send it in again (another $100) and I get back one that no longer freezes, but yet again, won't take the creators update (even though the image has the update assistant pre-installed).

    I figure I will ride this one out until I can justify buying a new gaming machine (probably a desktop this time) and will not likely buy ASUS again, not only a less than stellar machine (even though the reviews were all pretty good), but mostly due to lack of support. I realize hardware fails, that I don't really blame on ASUS, but the lack of caring about an obvious issue, one that has been brought to their attention by me in my support tickets (linked to this thread more than once) and repeated attempts to get an answer about it, I give up. You got my money once, shame on me, but it won't happen again.





    Quote Originally Posted by bene1 View Post
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will be released in about two months, and we still don't have a real solution to this ~4 months old problem.

    A workaround has been known for about 2-3 months (no thanks to neither ASUS nor Microsoft), and yet it seems that other than passing the blame around, no one has come and said: "Ah, if turning off SMART in the BIOS does the job, then the problem is ___ and the solution is ___".

    So right now I've a brand new laptop that cost me money I barely have, discharges when plugged in, and freezes when trying to install a major update. What's going to be the official reply on this issue? "After further internal discussion, a solution unfortunately can’t be offered due to us simply not caring about our customers. Peace."

    Seriously, two major issues with a laptop I have since the beginning of March. Can I get my money back, please?

  6. #146
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Guys Asus is hopeless in this case. Would it be a good idea to just change my stock ssd to samsung 960pro 512 gb? After going through everything related to this issue, I guess the problem is ssd only.

  7. #147
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by ajsupahiya View Post
    Guys Asus is hopeless in this case. Would it be a good idea to just change my stock ssd to samsung 960pro 512 gb? After going through everything related to this issue, I guess the problem is ssd only.
    Considering the issue can't be resolved without help from Microsoft, the fix takes much longer as Microsoft is known to be slow with providing help to partner companies. All I know is that our team is in discussion with them without any timeline on when this issue can be fixed.

  8. #148
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Considering the issue can't be resolved without help from Microsoft, the fix takes much longer as Microsoft is known to be slow with providing help to partner companies. All I know is that our team is in discussion with them without any timeline on when this issue can be fixed.
    Glad you reply...
    Hoping next generation of RoG laptops will not have issues....

  9. #149
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    40

    Repair/reset partition screwed up after creators update

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Considering the issue can't be resolved without help from Microsoft, the fix takes much longer as Microsoft is known to be slow with providing help to partner companies. All I know is that our team is in discussion with them without any timeline on when this issue can be fixed.
    Bahz - not sure if this is related or not, but I noticed after performing the BIOS trick and installing the Creators Update on my GL502VS (with the 256GB SSD), I am no longer able to reset my install of Windows. The agent.xml file indicates that the partition is there (partition 4), which I confirmed in disk mgr, but am unable to use it. Read some forums about if the GUID is all 0's then its unusable. I have a ticket open with ASUS support and am sending it back for repair (again), I am going to see if I can outlast the creators update again and hope you guys work with Samsung on a firmware update for the SSD (or BIOS update for the laptop as well).

  10. #150
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by ssbob98 View Post
    Bahz - not sure if this is related or not, but I noticed after performing the BIOS trick and installing the Creators Update on my GL502VS (with the 256GB SSD), I am no longer able to reset my install of Windows. The agent.xml file indicates that the partition is there (partition 4), which I confirmed in disk mgr, but am unable to use it. Read some forums about if the GUID is all 0's then its unusable. I have a ticket open with ASUS support and am sending it back for repair (again), I am going to see if I can outlast the creators update again and hope you guys work with Samsung on a firmware update for the SSD (or BIOS update for the laptop as well).
    With Microsoft, we're always in discussion with them but with Samsung I'm not sure but I did pass the feedback over to the teams responsible and have not received an update. Samsung SSDs are known to have quite a bit of compatibility issues, I feel that for this part it's better to contact Samsung support for help as the firmware update for the SSD needs to be provided by them. We don't have any other compatibility issues with other brand SSDs that I know of currently so the issue lies with them.

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •