Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

I have been fighting this over and over but finally found this thread. I have an GL502V system and the update hangs after the first restart, then sits on the ROG screen forever. If I power down, it will give an windows boot error. I power it down again and it recovers and the process starts all over.

From what I am seeing in here, I should try disabling SMART? Do you turn it back on if the update takes? This has been the single most infuriating thing.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Deathshero View Post
    I have been fighting this over and over but finally found this thread. I have an GL502V system and the update hangs after the first restart, then sits on the ROG screen forever. If I power down, it will give an windows boot error. I power it down again and it recovers and the process starts all over.

From what I am seeing in here, I should try disabling SMART? Do you turn it back on if the update takes? This has been the single most infuriating thing.
    if "upgrade install" works for you then by all means proceed. Disable SMART and see where it leads you.. However I did that and doesnt work for me.
    Performed a "clean install" instead, deleting all my partitions and installed the OS in unallocated drive.

New ROGer Array

Disable SMART worked for me thankfully. Now I'm worried to turn it back on ><;

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Walcott269 View Post
    I visited ASUS service center in my country for this issue last week.
    They said they are aware of the problem but they waiting for an official resolution from the HQ in Taiwan. They still don't know how long it will take.
    The update issue has been finally and OFFICIALLY solved for me !!

I went to the service center again (in Dubai) last month, and they said they have received an official resolution from their HQ. They replaced my SSD with a TOSHIBA THNSN5256GPU7 and updated windows to version 1709. My laptop is working flawlessly now, however this doesn't negate how bad their costumer support is.

So if you still have your machine under warranty, visit them and hopefully they can get it fixed.

ROG Member Array

so i just found this thread few days back and i'm having same problem with same laptop GL502VS. windows cant update, gets stuck on rog screen after first restart but also i was haveng problems updating NVIDIA drivers.
    I sent an email to asus about this issue and they replied that they are not aware of the issue with SSD. i didnt even say it was a problem with ssd. so now i replied to their email and sent the link of this thread. i hope they'll read it and come up with something bright...
    also i wanted to mention that i took my laptop to asus service center in my country - Georgia and they said windows couldnt update because GPU was faulty and the couldnt install video driver. so i took it back home, installed a driver (even though it failed at first and in the end it couldnt install every feature, for example Geforce XP) and laptop's been working just fine in gaming and everything. the reason i say this is that in asus service center they couldnt even identify problem correctly and made something up and told me i had to buy a new motherboard (because GPU is integrated) and that would cost 1800$. yes, more than laptop itself.

New ROGer Array

Same Issue Here

I have the same issue, update fails and rolls back to previous version on my GL502VS DB-71. No sign of a solution....

ROG Enthusiast Array

Clean install

Quote Originally Posted by shahruki View Post
    I have the same issue, update fails and rolls back to previous version on my GL502VS DB-71. No sign of a solution....
    i had exactly the same problem. What are your hard drives? I have cloned SSD for OS and a HDD.

The only solution i got was a CLEAN INSTALL. removed my HDD (since it still has the OLD OS 1607 version, used PARAGON software before) and installed the NEW OS on SSD. deleted all my partitions and viola, a new 1709 OS.

New ROGer Array

1803 update coming

Dear Brothers,

I am a user of GL502VS-DB71.
    The Insider Program started updating 1803, but it could not be installed simply by disabling Smart setting.
    The laptop stopped on the boot screen as usual.
    I got angry like a fire, and I could installed it when I disabled all the functions of the BIOS as much as possible.
    I hope that this information will be useful to someone.

ROG Member Array

i did it

so i disabled SMART from BIOS and updates installed correctly. and i also managed to install Geforce experience, which i couldnt install before. now everything is normal with the laptop, but SMART is still disabled and i dont like it. i've had this issue with windows updates and driver updates for about half a year now and finally its fixed. just disabling smart resolved the issue.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by AlcatrazJames View Post
    so i disabled SMART from BIOS and updates installed correctly. and i also managed to install Geforce experience, which i couldnt install before. now everything is normal with the laptop, but SMART is still disabled and i dont like it. i've had this issue with windows updates and driver updates for about half a year now and finally its fixed. just disabling smart resolved the issue.
    Mine also hangs after attempted 1709 update. How did you disable SMART? I have a GL551 and don't see any mention of it when I look at Bios. Also could you tell me what number your Bios is? Thanks

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast