Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ssbob98 View Post
    All,*

I sent mine in for RMA, as it was going to sleep while gaming (not battery dead or any kind of discharge as far as I can tell). I already let Bahz know the RMA # and S/N for the folks in Texas to take a look at and see if they can figure it out. Hopefully it helps. But means, no Destiny 2 PC Beta for me ... I hope you all realize my sacrifice (j/k lol).

This reminds me the last scene of Guardian of the galaxy - Groot saving everyone.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ssbob98 View Post
    All,*

I sent mine in for RMA, as it was going to sleep while gaming (not battery dead or any kind of discharge as far as I can tell). I already let Bahz know the RMA # and S/N for the folks in Texas to take a look at and see if they can figure it out. Hopefully it helps. But means, no Destiny 2 PC Beta for me ... I hope you all realize my sacrifice (j/k lol).

I had this happen to me once, " sleep while gaming". The reason was the GPU overheating.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yeah that is what I thought

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing113 View Post
    I had this happen to me once, " sleep while gaming". The reason was the GPU overheating.
    Happened once before and I sent it in for RMA, they told me that they replaced the logic board and it shouldn't happen again, was fine for quite a while too but started happening again (no creator's update, latest nvidia drivers, etc.).

Ex-employee Array

Thanks to those who sent this in for RMA so our team can further verify the issue because all the retail samples we tested on have passed with the Creator Update (RS2). For everyone else please try the workaround solution by disabling SMART for now. Our team as I mentioned before are still working with Samsung to have this issue figured out and we should offer an update soon on this issue.

ROG Enthusiast Array

My attempt to install Creator Update with SMART disable gave negative results. Still three consequential reboots during the installation and fallback to previous version.
    I also have OEM Samsung ssd 256 gigs (laptop is bought in Germany).

Hope to hear some good news from you guys.

Ex-employee Array

I have not received any updates regarding this, I will continue to follow up.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I have not received any updates regarding this, I will continue to follow up.
    Thanks for the update.

New ROGer Array

The road this far

So I'm summarizing what I've experienced so far, tell me if anything of this has been fixed over the past couple of months

1) Disabling the SMART SELF TEST setting causes your fan to run at max speeds for no reason. (Just as soon as i boot into Windows 10 CU)

2) Disabling Smart SELF TEST allows you install CU but if you enable it after that , cold boots are not possible but sleep and start works perfect.

New ROGer Array

Is there a fix yet??

has anyone installed a samsung 560 pro and has that resolved the issue?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by poptaz3r View Post
    Ok in BIOS under advanced changing the Smart self test setting to DISABLE. This allowed the update AE>CE install to complete with no BCD fails.

Another BIOS change I made was to turn off secure boot because it was preventing me from entering recovery environment (safe mode)

So with both of these settings changed in the BIOS I am back on the stock NVMe drive and all appears stable with no reboot BCD errors.

Worked for me. Enabled them after installing update. THANKS!
    Last edited by kenn_adayo; 10-12-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast