Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 354
  1. #121
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    40

    Angry I did as well

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinchonet View Post
    Has anyone tried new BIOS (version 302) yet?
    I did as well, now when I restart it does that error about BCE or whatever it is. I assume that 302 put my SMART back on, haven't turned it off yet. Wish they would have addressed the situation with 302, as the Fall creators update isn't that far away.

  2. #122
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array eight-bit PC Specs
    eight-bit PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)RoG Strix GL502VS-DB71
    MotherboardRoG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1800X
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB
    MonitorHP 25BW 25"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB
    Headset SoundBlaster WoW Wireless Headset
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-140
    OS Windows 10 Pro Creators Edition
    Accessory #1 NZXT AC-IUSBH-M1 USB Hub
    eight-bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    81

    Chiming in here with less information than you guys, waiting for my GL502VS to arrive.

    On my desktop machine, I have a Samsung 960 Evo NVMe and a Samsung 850 Evo SATA. Both required firmware updates via the Samsung Magician software.

    After reading through this entire thread, I saw no reference to this at all. Has anyone tried the Magician software with these pre-installed NVMe drives? Does the software even recognize it? Or is it only usable for the aftermarket Evo drives?

    Fingers crossed that there is a firmware update to rectify some of these issues, and that it's as easy to install as it was on my Evo drives.
    Last edited by eight-bit; 07-05-2017 at 03:37 AM.

  3. #123
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    I agree...ASUS should release a firmware update to correct all this stuff immediately!

  4. #124
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array eight-bit PC Specs
    eight-bit PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)RoG Strix GL502VS-DB71
    MotherboardRoG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1800X
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB
    MonitorHP 25BW 25"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB
    Headset SoundBlaster WoW Wireless Headset
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-140
    OS Windows 10 Pro Creators Edition
    Accessory #1 NZXT AC-IUSBH-M1 USB Hub
    eight-bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    81

    Quote Originally Posted by landi.andrea View Post
    I agree...ASUS should release a firmware update to correct all this stuff immediately!
    Did you see if Samsung Magician recognizes the SSD? ASUS can't release a firmware update for Samsung.

  5. #125
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by eight-bit View Post
    Did you see if Samsung Magician recognizes the SSD? ASUS can't release a firmware update for Samsung.
    I can confirm that Samsung Magician DOESN'T recognize the SSD.

    The problem is that our SSD is not a standard, marketed one but is an OEM version that was delivered to ASUS and a few other vendors (I think).

    Asus and Samsung should solve this as it is evident that root of all these problems is the SSD!

  6. #126
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array eight-bit PC Specs
    eight-bit PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)RoG Strix GL502VS-DB71
    MotherboardRoG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1800X
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB
    MonitorHP 25BW 25"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB
    Headset SoundBlaster WoW Wireless Headset
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-140
    OS Windows 10 Pro Creators Edition
    Accessory #1 NZXT AC-IUSBH-M1 USB Hub
    eight-bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    81

    Quote Originally Posted by landi.andrea View Post
    I can confirm that Samsung Magician DOESN'T recognize the SSD.

    The problem is that our SSD is not a standard, marketed one but is an OEM version that was delivered to ASUS and a few other vendors (I think).

    Asus and Samsung should solve this as it is evident that root of all these problems is the SSD!
    I really had my hopes up for that to be a solution. My GL502 gets here tomorrow and was hoping to go into it with no issues.

    Edit: Do these machines come with Samsung's NVMe driver installed? Or are they using the Microsoft generic NVMe driver?
    Last edited by eight-bit; 07-06-2017 at 10:39 PM.

  7. #127
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by eight-bit View Post
    I really had my hopes up for that to be a solution. My GL502 gets here tomorrow and was hoping to go into it with no issues.

    Edit: Do these machines come with Samsung's NVMe driver installed? Or are they using the Microsoft generic NVMe driver?
    Mine came with the generic drivers installed. Also the ASUS website doesn't provide any additional NVMe driver. In my previous Windows installation I installed the NVMe Samsung drivers but this didn't affect performance or any of the existing issues. In conclusion, and I seem to be supported by other analyses I found on the internet, I would recommend to leave the NVMe generic drivers installed. I also recall some people claiming they had issues with the Samsung NVMe drivers.

  8. #128
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array eight-bit PC Specs
    eight-bit PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)RoG Strix GL502VS-DB71
    MotherboardRoG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1800X
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB
    MonitorHP 25BW 25"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB
    Headset SoundBlaster WoW Wireless Headset
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-140
    OS Windows 10 Pro Creators Edition
    Accessory #1 NZXT AC-IUSBH-M1 USB Hub
    eight-bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    81

    Welp, I tried the update on bone stock settings hoping that something had been fixed and rolled into currently shipping units, no dice. Did the disable smart trick and it went smoothly. Not re-enabling smart for now, really not trying to get the fan issues others have experienced.

    Other than that, fairly happy with this laptop with the exception of low speaker volume, but increasing the bandwidth setting in the RoG Gaming Center EQ settings seemed to make that a bit better.

  9. #129
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by eight-bit View Post
    Welp, I tried the update on bone stock settings hoping that something had been fixed and rolled into currently shipping units, no dice. Did the disable smart trick and it went smoothly. Not re-enabling smart for now, really not trying to get the fan issues others have experienced.

    Other than that, fairly happy with this laptop with the exception of low speaker volume, but increasing the bandwidth setting in the RoG Gaming Center EQ settings seemed to make that a bit better.
    Can you check if you are able to boot into safe mode?

    I have issues in booting to "non standard" options (e.g. safe mode, no driver enforcement check etc.)

    Thanks!

  10. #130
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array eight-bit PC Specs
    eight-bit PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)RoG Strix GL502VS-DB71
    MotherboardRoG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1800X
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB
    MonitorHP 25BW 25"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB
    Headset SoundBlaster WoW Wireless Headset
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-140
    OS Windows 10 Pro Creators Edition
    Accessory #1 NZXT AC-IUSBH-M1 USB Hub
    eight-bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    81

    Quote Originally Posted by landi.andrea View Post
    Can you check if you are able to boot into safe mode?

    I have issues in booting to "non standard" options (e.g. safe mode, no driver enforcement check etc.)

    Thanks!
    I was able to boot into Safe Mode, however a restart from Safe Mode yielded a BCD error. Powered down and booted back to normal mode as usual. Subsequent reboots in normal mode have not reproduced the BDC error.

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •