Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Ex-employee Array

Sorry for the late reply regarding this, our engineer in charge that has been discussing this issue with our Microsoft contact window has recommended to try the following:

1. Windows 10 Creator Update (RS2) available for all Windows 10 in-market devices to update.
    2. ASUS Windows 10 devices passed MSFT MDA RS2 upgrade requirement- including GL502VS.
    3. In some cases, the upgrade issues may occur when users changed their default bios or other setting, or even with single hardware failure. The suggestion to investigate the cause is to reset the PC to factory state (backup personal files first) and try RS2 upgrade.
    4. Users may try RS2 upgrade via Windows Update or media, download it from here- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

If everyone can try the above and confirm if it has helped resolve this issue for you or not. Thanks.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array eight-bit PC Specs
    eight-bit PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)RoG Strix GL502VS-DB71
    MotherboardRoG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1800X
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB
    MonitorHP 25BW 25"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB
    Headset SoundBlaster WoW Wireless Headset
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-140
    OS Windows 10 Pro Creators Edition
    Accessory #1 NZXT AC-IUSBH-M1 USB Hub

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Sorry for the late reply regarding this, our engineer in charge that has been discussing this issue with our Microsoft contact window has recommended to try the following:

1. Windows 10 Creator Update (RS2) available for all Windows 10 in-market devices to update.
    2. ASUS Windows 10 devices passed MSFT MDA RS2 upgrade requirement- including GL502VS.
    3. In some cases, the upgrade issues may occur when users changed their default bios or other setting, or even with single hardware failure. The suggestion to investigate the cause is to reset the PC to factory state (backup personal files first) and try RS2 upgrade.
    4. Users may try RS2 upgrade via Windows Update or media, download it from here- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

If everyone can try the above and confirm if it has helped resolve this issue for you or not. Thanks.
    Bahz, I can say that point 3 is false. My GL502VS came in Friday, and I did all updates before doing anything at all to the laptop, no other software installs, anything, and this still happened. This is a very repeatable thing for anyone who has theirs configured with the Samsung 256GB NVMe SSD option, people without the factory installed SSD are not experiencing this.

There are other manufacturers that have included this same SSD (SM951 from what I have been able to ascertain) but they have released a firmware update tool for the drive (Lenovo at least).

To be honest, the way that post reads, it comes off a little "blame the users"-ish ... If you read back over the entire thread, the trend is obvious, and not user casued.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by eight-bit View Post
    Bahz, I can say that point 3 is false. My GL502VS came in Friday, and I did all updates before doing anything at all to the laptop, no other software installs, anything, and this still happened. This is a very repeatable thing for anyone who has theirs configured with the Samsung 256GB NVMe SSD option, people without the factory installed SSD are not experiencing this.

There are other manufacturers that have included this same SSD (SM951 from what I have been able to ascertain) but they have released a firmware update tool for the drive (Lenovo at least).

To be honest, the way that post reads, it comes off a little "blame the users"-ish ... If you read back over the entire thread, the trend is obvious, and not user casued.
    I agree... ASUS, PLEASE release a firmware update to fix the issue and stop blaming the users!

Ex-employee Array

I don't think the intention is to blame the users, it's more so of they tested that default configuration did pass the RS2 upgrade requirement. I'll pass the feedback over to our team and will await their reply. Thanks.

ROG Member Array

I don't think the intention is to blame the users, it's more so of they tested that default configuration did pass the RS2 upgrade requirement. I'll pass the feedback over to our team and will await their reply. Thanks.
    Then I really don't know how is that possible. I have a GL502VM with SSD and I had a problem from the day one on black screen issues on Windows startup (similar to what other users on this forum are experiencing) and, after Windows Creators Update Install (which required the disable SMART trick), I also have issues on accessing the "alternative" start-up (e.g. safe boot) options (once I restart and select the startup option at the menu the computer hangs on the ROG logo forcing me to press the power button to hard reset the system). Of course the system is updated with latest bios, drivers etc.

To me all these problems seem related to the SSD, this is why Asus should do something about it; it is unacceptable that a laptop of this price range has such problems. Thanks

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by landi.andrea View Post
    Then I really don't know how is that possible. I have a GL502VM with SSD and I had a problem from the day one on black screen issues on Windows startup (similar to what other users on this forum are experiencing) and, after Windows Creators Update Install (which required the disable SMART trick), I also have issues on accessing the "alternative" start-up (e.g. safe boot) options (once I restart and select the startup option at the menu the computer hangs on the ROG logo forcing me to press the power button to hard reset the system). Of course the system is updated with latest bios, drivers etc.

To me all these problems seem related to the SSD, this is why Asus should do something about it; it is unacceptable that a laptop of this price range has such problems. Thanks
    From what I understand the Creators Update has caused issues for a lot of other devices, our team will continue to look into this and offer a solution soon. I will continue to follow up on this and will update everyone once I hear back from them.

ROG Member Array

From what I understand the Creators Update has caused issues for a lot of other devices, our team will continue to look into this and offer a solution soon. I will continue to follow up on this and will update everyone once I hear back from them.
    For what its worth I have a GL502VM that came with a 1TB HDD option. Having installed a Samsung (retail) Evo 950 256Gb NVMe SSD as a boot drive, and reinstalling Windows to that drive, I have had no issues with installing or using the Creators update. That said, I did install the Samsung drivers for the SSD and updated its firmware using Samsung Magician. So its possible that the firmware upgrade or the Samsung drivers are important to this issue.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by filbee View Post
    For what its worth I have a GL502VM that came with a 1TB HDD option. Having installed a Samsung (retail) Evo 950 256Gb NVMe SSD as a boot drive, and reinstalling Windows to that drive, I have had no issues with installing or using the Creators update. That said, I did install the Samsung drivers for the SSD and updated its firmware using Samsung Magician. So its possible that the firmware upgrade or the Samsung drivers are important to this issue.
    Thanks, this information is useful for us.

New ROGer Array

Hi there,

I have been successfully update with the windows creator update, but with some weird tricks. However, the issue is still persist after the upgrade, most of the time when I restart the windows(only restart), the device will shown an error. Workaround is too exit the bios and restart as it is power off, not restart. That weird trick is to let laptop work as fresh power on, not restart. In detail is that, when the error occurs turn the laptop off and continue to choose the drive that you are trying to install to finish the update.

So the issue is about restarting process of the windows, as I never have problem when open the laptop normally.

Hopes that help to solve the issue with Microsoft
    Regards,

ROG Member Array

Thanks, this information is useful for us.
    Samsung drivers didn't change anything for me. My gl502vm came already with SSD installed (I can't check right now but I believe it's the 951, targeting only the OEM market) and no firmware upgrades are available on Samsung website as it's not a retail product. That's why ASUS and Samsung should coordinate to solve the issue. Thanks.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast