ROG Junior Member Array AnthonyG70 PC Specs
    AnthonyG70 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximux VI Hero
    Processori7 4770K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengence 16G
    Graphics Card #1ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5
    MonitorSony 40" LCD 3D 240Hz
    Power SupplyCorsair Gaming 500

Ran into same issues as others going from pre-1803 version, the system would reboot then hang at the logo screen. After turning off and back on a couple times, Windows will revert back to prior version. As I bought this "new" from another person, needed to wipe anyhow.

Installed 1803 doing clean install, the system did hang on initial reboot with ROG logo present, but after a power cycle it went into Windows w/o issues. A few missing drivers for devices, but no missing keyboard or video as others have mentioned. Only one driver was present in esupport folder, others were updated doing a Windows Update.

After reboot, NVIDIA config notification window showed, asking to configure G-SYNC. Checking of Device Manager shows no missing drivers.

GL502VS w/256GB NVMe, 16GB, 1.8TB Seagate gaming SSHD.

So related to the old issue of updating from Windows version 1709 to 1803, I finally managed to complete the update after many failures as posted in this thread.
    What worked for me was uninstalling the antivirus software (ESET) and the Nvidia driver using DDU. With the laptop left with the generic display driver and without 3rd party antivirus, the update passed the 30% level on restart and finalized after a few power cycles.
    After the update I reinstalled antivirus and driver (initially the old one from ROG support collection and then the latest one from Nvidia) without any issues so far.

I hope this will work for you guys too.
    PS: I've got the idea that some bad behaving driver might cause the update failure from this forum:
    https://www.tenforums.com/installati...017-error.html
    Although I did not follow all the steps in this multipage thread, I've got the general idea and thanks to these guys, zbook and Brac and with a lucky guess I solved the problem. Until the next Windows upgrade.

ROG Enthusiast Array

So finally I successfully updated to1803 WITHOUT reinstalling everything from scratch. I tried updating few months back but just couldnt pass 30% mark, so here are the steps I followed and managed to updated in one go -

1. Simply click of 'check for updates' and let windows download 1803 as usual.

2. Windows will prompt you for restart, accept it. Now in the very beginning itself, just enter Bios (by pressing f2 before it could reach Asus logo) and disable SMART. Save and exit.

3. Windows will do its thing and start the installation, here is the trick now - On 30% of installation laptop will restart, simply enter in bios again and this time disable fastboot. Save and exit. By doing this installation will resume as expected without rolling back.

4. Now around 60% it will again restart, here just to interrupt restart cycle I entered bios and didnt do anything at all. Simply save and exit.

5. Thats it, windows will finish as expected and you are on 1803.

Hope this will save some good soul, not to reinstall everything.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have this problem since the Creator Update, and every time it was a struggle to update (but somehow managed by correct combination of secure boot/SMART/fast boot settings configuration).

Did an experiment this weekend.
    I had a theory, that the problem is in NVMe drive itself. New Samsung 970 EVO was bought and existing OS was cloned (with exact partition table). It changed nothing . The installation of 1809 has stopped at around 9%, the machine rebooted and reverted the update back to 1803.

The short conclusion: a replacement of the boot NVMe SSD doesn't solve the problem.

Eventually, I've wiped the drive and did a fresh installation.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36