Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I must say that I have been experiencing the same issues with the CU update and the NVIDIA drivers. So far I have every few years taken up a gaming laptop from Asus and this is the 2nd time I have had issues with the software. First time (was one of the first gaming laptops some 6-7 years ago) the drivers were the issue but I manged to bridge the problem with some generic solutions found lurking on the net, no help from Asus there - the hardware wasn't 100% operable but it worked well enough.

Nevertheless I decided to continue on with the Asus and the next two laptops, besides one having several dead pixels, were generally software wise more than fine. Now, I recently got the Asus GL502VS and everything was looking good from the getgo and now the issue with the CU and the NVIDIA update appeared. Since then I've been mostly passive hoping for the issue to be resolved, wasting my time daily looking at this thread and possible solutions on the net. I should not be doing this, an official solution should be presented to me by Asus and Nvidia.

I wanted to state, with intent to raising awareness, that being an owner of so far 4 Asus (premium) laptops this is not satisfactory. I know that there is some time required to address the issues and I hope that they will be addressed, if not... this is the last time I am looking towards Asus. A company like Asus should not allow itself not to have a solution on day one of new major OS software update or at least within a few days after the release. The beta builds of the CU update have been, I have no doubt, available to hardware manufacturers way before the official release of the update. Waiting for a solution, now almost two weeks is unacceptable if we are talking, not only about flagship Asus hardware, but other hardware products as well.

Asus get your **** together and provide your customers with a solution and thus mitigate the damage already done. At least, we deserve to get a status on what is being done in regard to this as well as the time frame in which we could expect that the CU fix will be provided to us. Same goes for Nvidia whom Asus could push to provide us with a fix as well.
    Last edited by Tompa; 04-25-2017 at 08:29 AM. Reason: clarification

New ROGer Array

Cant seem to install the update

Has anyone gone into exact details why this isnt working ?
    What I've tried so far:

Clean install breaks the BCD ( fixboot doesnt work, and doesnt do much. The 454 error is a compatibility issue with CU)
    It is something to do with our boot drive. So this is an ASUS issue

Direct update from update manager, fails at like 25-30% and reverts to prev version. NVIDIA Hotfix driver still doesn tsupport ASUS GL laptops.

What baffles me, it is a partnership device for the creators update!
    I am linking the article also :
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...y86TEhBcQUB.97

ROG Enthusiast Array

Another thing I noticed on few forums - ppl who have this model with only one drive has no issues in installing CU update. Seems like at 30% when it boots, somehow installer is not able to locate boot drive. One possible solution is to remove HDD and then try installing with just SSD. But I definitely dont go for it. Asus dude COMEON... atleast say something.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ajsupahiya View Post
    Another thing I noticed on few forums - ppl who have this model with only one drive has no issues in installing CU update. Seems like at 30% when it boots, somehow installer is not able to locate boot drive. One possible solution is to remove HDD and then try installing with just SSD. But I definitely dont go for it. Asus dude COMEON... atleast say something.
    I also didn't have a problem upgrading except for the reboot issue which will be fixed by the next nvidia driver.
    I have a Skylake model with custom drives. (Samsung 960 Evo NVMe + 840 PRO SATA) Caed Reader works.

ROG Member Array

Well I got notified that the newest Nvidia driver (381.89) is out this morning.

I'm downloading now to see if this might alleviate any issues, but I honestly am not holding my breath- the patch notes make no mention of re-adding machine profiles that were missing from the last few drivers (like for our notebooks).

Full release notes (PDF): http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...ease-notes.pdf

EDIT: Downloaded the driver, and it installed successful. The "no compatible hardware found" issue is nowhere to be seen (yet), which is a good sign. I'll move on to the Creator's Update tonight to see if there's any help on that front.

I wouldn't be surprised that they didn't include this in the full release notes because of how embarrassing it would be to leave out a bunch of machines with one of your top-of-the-line graphics cards.
    Last edited by TARS1111; 04-25-2017 at 02:33 PM.

ROG Member Array

I can confirm that the new Nvidia driver install well and seems to resolve the Nvidia part of the issue. Please do note that I have not yet tried to install the CU update...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Tompa View Post
    I can confirm that the new Nvidia driver install well and seems to resolve the Nvidia part of the issue. Please do note that I have not yet tried to install the CU update...
    i also have the black screen problem i just download the new driver but after looking on the pdf it seem they didnt able to fix this issue :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asus.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	64199

Immortal Array MacLeod PC Specs
    MacLeod PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition
    MotherboardIntel® Mobile CM236 Express Chipset
    ProcessorOverclocked Intel Skylake-K Quad Core i7-6820HK Processor (Base Frq: 2.7GHz)
    Memory (part number)64GB Overclocked DDR4 2400MHz DRAM (4x16GB)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 (8.0GB) GDDR5 (Pascal) w/Optimus™ Technology
    Graphics Card #2VR Ready
    Graphics Card #31.2MP HD Camera
    Graphics Card #4External Monitor = ASUS VH242H
    Sound CardRealtek w/ Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar (Dolby® 3D Stereo Enhanced Sound System)
    Monitor17.3" FHD (1920*1080) Hardware G-Sync 178° View-Angle & ASUS VH242H
    Storage #1512 GB NVMe PCIeG3x4 SSD (4x speed of Sata SSD) + 1TB (7200 RPM)
    Storage #22TB WD My Passport Ultra
    CPU CoolerHyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System w/3D Mobile Vapor Chamber Cooling & Dust-Release Fan
    CaseArmor Titanium and Plasma Copper (Dimensions (WxHxD) 16.4" x 1.9" x 12.7") (Weight 9.5 lbs)
    Power Supply8 Cells - Smart Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (64WHrs) 230W AC Adapter
    Keyboard Tactile Chiclet Backlit Keyboard with 30-Key Rollover & External Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse
    Headset Asus Orion Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ROG
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System & Altec Lansing Speakers
    OS Genuine Windows® 10 Professional 64bit
    Network RouterARRIS TOUCHSTONE DOCSIS 3.0 DG1670A
    Accessory #1 Dual-Band Intel® Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 4.2
    Accessory #2 DL DVD±RW/CD-RW 8x Super Multi Combo Drive
    Accessory #3 ASUS Republic of Gamers Nomad Backpack

New Driver released today!

GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER

Version: 381.89 WHQL
    Release Date: 2017.4.25

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 381.89

The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved
    in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this
    driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.

 [Sniper Elite 3]: The game crashes. [1880113]
     [Notebook][eDP panel]: Blue-screen (code 3B) occurs followe by the Recovery screen
    during software unbundling process. [1900432]
     [GeForce GTX 1060]: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to driver (Nvlddmkm.sys)
    after the system reboots from sleep mode. [1814559]
     GPU idling voltage has increased. [1904229]

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...x/117914/en-us
    Last edited by MacLeod; 04-25-2017 at 05:07 PM.
    There Can Be Only One!

ROG Member Array

After installing the new Nvidia driver, the CU update failure still persists.

After download and starting the update, the computer restarts into a blue update screen. At around 25% of update it restarts, it then turns off to start itself up again, it then once again after trying to continue the update turns off (shutdown then turn on by itself once again) starts up the restoring the previous version process.

After restore of previous Win 10 workable version it starts up as usual. CU update fails and seems to be the same issue as before the Nvidia update.

Anyone had any luck with the CU update? Appreciate it...
    Last edited by Tompa; 04-26-2017 at 02:15 PM.

ROG Member Array

The new Nvidia update works...

I am still having the EFI black screen issue during the startup. Media Card Reader not working...
    And cant install the new Windows Redstone update as well....

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast