Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Have anybody here contacted Asus support about the Windows update issue? Any response?

I opened an online case with them 3 weeks ago and still no reply.

Called them 4 days ago and asked them to look the job up. Was told I'd get a reply within 2 days and still nothing.

They're really dropping the ball on this.

ROG Member Array

Success in Creator's Update with GL502VS-DS71

For everyone having issues I was able to get it done today with a brand new unit using this method:

I bought the model shown here:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it arrived today.

In preparation for its arrival I also ordered a Intel SSD 600p Series SSDPEKKW512G7X1 (512 GB, M.2 80mm PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4, 3D1, TLC) Reseller Single Pack shown here:

I used an existing desktop with Creator Update already complete and the Windows Media Tool to make a USB install drive (64G USB 3.0 SANDISK).

When the computer arrived I booted it up and went through just the initial login to get the Windows Key registered.

I then shut it down, flipped it over, removed the 128G SSD M.2 and installed the 512G version shown above.

I plugged in the USB Boot drive, restarted. Had to go into bios and manually choose to reboot from the USB, but then installation went perfectly.

I was able to install the latest Nvidia drivers from the website (version 381.89) and all is working well.

Current version of windows is 1703 Build 15063.250.

I am still installing some of the Asus support stuff, but being picky as I have a working system that is super clean now.

NOTE: The amazon page says a 72w battery and its 62w, so fat fingering on someones part, and I ordered a 16G ram I am returning cause I thought it came with a single but its 2x8G as it comes.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by KayTee View Post
    Have anybody here contacted Asus support about the Windows update issue? Any response?

Called them 4 days ago and asked them to look the job up. Was told I'd get a reply within 2 days and still nothing.

I tried the same thing but they literally refused to take my complaint on this matter, and asked me to contact local Asus Service station. Seems like Asus is least bothered about this issue.

ROG Member Array

Opened an online ticket, waiting for reply.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Tompa View Post
    Opened an online ticket, waiting for reply.
    I'd recommend calling as well if you are able.

When I asked for them to look up my online job, they told me the job was forwarded to some odd department that won't look at it.

When I asked them if I had logged the job wrongly, they were pretty sketchy with the answer. Just told me it was lodged correctly but they don't know why it's not with the right people.

Told me he would escalate it with the engineers and will get back to me in 2 days. It's now 5 days.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Archaegeo View Post
    For everyone having issues I was able to get it done today with a brand new unit using this method:

I bought the model shown here:

and it arrived today.

In preparation for its arrival I also ordered a Intel SSD 600p Series SSDPEKKW512G7X1 (512 GB, M.2 80mm PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4, 3D1, TLC) Reseller Single Pack shown here:

I used an existing desktop with Creator Update already complete and the Windows Media Tool to make a USB install drive (64G USB 3.0 SANDISK).

When the computer arrived I booted it up and went through just the initial login to get the Windows Key registered.

I then shut it down, flipped it over, removed the 128G SSD M.2 and installed the 512G version shown above.

I plugged in the USB Boot drive, restarted. Had to go into bios and manually choose to reboot from the USB, but then installation went perfectly.

I was able to install the latest Nvidia drivers from the website (version 381.89) and all is working well.

Current version of windows is 1703 Build 15063.250.

I am still installing some of the Asus support stuff, but being picky as I have a working system that is super clean now.

NOTE: The amazon page says a 72w battery and its 62w, so fat fingering on someones part, and I ordered a 16G ram I am returning cause I thought it came with a single but its 2x8G as it comes.
    The problem seems to be with Asus's build of Windows 10 + BIOS.

Others have had no problems with a clean build either.

Problem is, some of us want to keep the Asus recovery partition and don't need/want a new boot drive.

Even though I don't need more than 256GB boot at the moment, I'll probably just buy a new SSD and clean install if they don't resolve this in a month.

ROG Member Array

Problem is, some of us want to keep the Asus recovery partition and don't need/want a new boot drive.

Even though I don't need more than 256GB boot at the moment, I'll probably just buy a new SSD and clean install if they don't resolve this in a month.
    Yeah, my issue now is what Asus software is worth reinstalling or even mandatory.

Immortal Array MacLeod PC Specs
    MacLeod PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition
    MotherboardIntel® Mobile CM236 Express Chipset
    ProcessorOverclocked Intel Skylake-K Quad Core i7-6820HK Processor (Base Frq: 2.7GHz)
    Memory (part number)64GB Overclocked DDR4 2400MHz DRAM (4x16GB)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 (8.0GB) GDDR5 (Pascal) w/Optimus™ Technology
    Graphics Card #2VR Ready
    Graphics Card #31.2MP HD Camera
    Graphics Card #4External Monitor = ASUS VH242H
    Sound CardRealtek w/ Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar (Dolby® 3D Stereo Enhanced Sound System)
    Monitor17.3" FHD (1920*1080) Hardware G-Sync 178° View-Angle & ASUS VH242H
    Storage #1512 GB NVMe PCIeG3x4 SSD (4x speed of Sata SSD) + 1TB (7200 RPM)
    Storage #22TB WD My Passport Ultra
    CPU CoolerHyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System w/3D Mobile Vapor Chamber Cooling & Dust-Release Fan
    CaseArmor Titanium and Plasma Copper (Dimensions (WxHxD) 16.4" x 1.9" x 12.7") (Weight 9.5 lbs)
    Power Supply8 Cells - Smart Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (64WHrs) 230W AC Adapter
    Keyboard Tactile Chiclet Backlit Keyboard with 30-Key Rollover & External Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse
    Headset Asus Orion Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ROG
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System & Altec Lansing Speakers
    OS Genuine Windows® 10 Professional 64bit
    Network RouterARRIS TOUCHSTONE DOCSIS 3.0 DG1670A
    Accessory #1 Dual-Band Intel® Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 4.2
    Accessory #2 DL DVD±RW/CD-RW 8x Super Multi Combo Drive
    Accessory #3 ASUS Republic of Gamers Nomad Backpack

ASUS Corporate Number (California location...you wont ever reach anyone at their actual head office in Taipei, Taiwan): (510) 818-4877
    or you can call (510) 739-3777 (this number is located online as well)
    There Can Be Only One!

New ROGer Array

Polish ASUS customer center also refused to take my complaint on this matter - they doesn't have any ticket from customers about that... so I advised them to start reading their forum. Only option which I got from them was a contact to local Asus Service station.

I've tried custom drivers, hotfixes, many bios configuration and some times it work for 1 day or two but with latest driver after 1 day of working, also with black screen at startup and turned off graphic card (43 error) but worked to this moment. I've tried 200 times, yes I counted that.

I'm IT Manager and programmer and I've spent more than 10 hours to get working and stable Windows without any success. I can't work on this so I've back to x1 Carbon, maybe p50 from Lenovo or Dell will be a better option for future choice.

Now I will do last reinstall, if doesn't work this will be last ASUS in my company - for now we have more than hundred of them.

BTW now I have last update for Windows 10 and last drivers from NVIDIA

PS maybe linux will be better option than windows, anybody try it with new nvidia drivers?

ROG Member Array

The Windows Creator Update worked fine for me. The latest Nvidia driver 381.89 installs fine but when I run Silent Hunter 3 or 4 I only get a black screen, so I have reverted to version 378.92

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast