Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by KayTee View Post
    I'd recommend calling as well if you are able.

When I asked for them to look up my online job, they told me the job was forwarded to some odd department that won't look at it.

When I asked them if I had logged the job wrongly, they were pretty sketchy with the answer. Just told me it was lodged correctly but they don't know why it's not with the right people.

Told me he would escalate it with the engineers and will get back to me in 2 days. It's now 5 days.
    Well i called asus they took my complain down and told they will give me a call back no call. The then called ma later told their people are working on it.
    I still haveing EIF book issue where i need to select the book again everytime the computer starts...
    and also the media card reader is not working

ROG Member Array

Hi guys but these update issues are there even if you do a clean installation? Because I wanted to install windows 10 creators uptade from usb stick using the media tool of windows 10 ..
    If I had to make a clean installation the windows 10 home key is lost ? you have to buy a new license ?or you do not need it and when it requires the key you have to skip the passage ?i have asus gl502vs with windows 10 home!

New ROGer Array

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by griven View Post
    Hi guys but these update issues are there even if you do a clean installation? Because I wanted to install windows 10 creators uptade from usb stick using the media tool of windows 10 ..
    If I had to make a clean installation the windows 10 home key is lost ? you have to buy a new license ?or you do not need it and when it requires the key you have to skip the passage ?i have asus gl502vs with windows 10 home!
    Just sign into your current windows 10 with a microsoft email ID and then you're good to go.
    A clean install and login with the same email ID will get you your license, you wont lose anything.

But for the matter in hand, clean install wont solve any problem, You'll get the CU ( again that's not always true, some reporting clean install not working), but you cant restart your PC without getting a BCD error ( 0xc0000454). This is a Windows 10 CU error , compatibility issue with our current partition system .

Can someone confirm if this is true: Removing secondary HDD ( the 1TB) solves the update issue.

Edit : Live email ID -> microsoft email ID

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by kunalkp View Post
    Just sign into your current windows 10 with a microsoft email ID and then you're good to go.
    A clean install and login with the same email ID will get you your license, you wont lose anything.

But for the matter in hand, clean install wont solve any problem, You'll get the CU ( again that's not always true, some reporting clean install not working), but you cant restart your PC without getting a BCD error ( 0xc0000454). This is a Windows 10 CU error , compatibility issue with our current partition system .

Can someone confirm if this is true: Removing secondary HDD ( the 1TB) solves the update issue.

Edit : Live email ID -> microsoft email ID

i have already windows creators update and i don't have this error...
    i want clean installation Because I noticed a few drops of fps in some games
    But now that I read you have this problem better than I do no clean installation!!!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by griven View Post
    i have already windows creators update and i don't have this error...
    i want clean installation Because I noticed a few drops of fps in some games
    But now that I read you have this problem better than I do no clean installation!!!
    Try to turn off the game mode

ROG Enthusiast Array

So still no proper fix for this CU install problem?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by nytwolf45 View Post
    So still no proper fix for this CU install problem?
    No, I believe there is an issue with the OEM Samsung NVMe SSD drives that come in these laptop, That is why people that only run sata drives have had no issues and why others that added SSD later have had success with the upgrade to CU. In fact, as a test I bought a Samsung 960 EVO NVMe and was able to get through the install without force shutdowns after every auto reboot during install. I have been able to restart with no issues as well. All seems normal with the 960 EVO.

Further I did a DOD wipe of the OEM NVMe part# mzvpv256hdgl-00000 (the stock SSD drive) to make sure there was no wonky data or partition hiding on there and attempted a fresh install of CU. On the first auto reboot I got the same BCD boot error.

We are possibly in need of a firmware update from Asus for these OEM SSD drives because Samsung does not support OEM drives through their Magician Software. Maybe Asus can do something with a bios update.

I am losing hope on Asus fixing this since we can't even get them to acknowledge the issue. Nothing from the Technical Inquiry I submitted on their support site 3 weeks ago or in this thread.
    Last edited by poptaz3r; 05-03-2017 at 01:52 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Angry Agreed, not even an ack of the issue

I opened up a case asking for assistance with the update, all I got was run the windows update troubleshooter and if that still doesn't work contact Microsoft. I have already had the laptop in for the BCD issue, I didn't know anyone else was having the issue, and they "repaired" it, but I have no clue what they actually did as they didn't write down anything I can see, that tells me what they did (replace the SSD? re-image the laptop?).

Brand new to ASUS laptops and will likely be my last, support is pretty bad and nobody seems to watch these threads. Sad because the laptop performs really well.
    Last edited by ssbob98; 05-03-2017 at 01:11 PM.

ROG Member Array

What can we do to ask ASUS or Samsung for a firmware update...

New ROGer Array

After weeks of waiting for a reply from Asus, they've finally palmed me off to Microsoft.

"Sorry for delay response we just receive feedback from our escalations team and they mention that you will be needing to check that up with microsoft to check for alternative options to update it.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know."

Annoying.

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast