ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Julskey's Avatar

MSI GT73VR vs G752VS vs GL702VS

Hello everyone,
    I'm a G752VT user (unit acquired dec2015) with Gt970m 250GB sata ssd and 512gb 950 pro currently, I've had a G74sx before and I am happy with my setup now (as with my G74sx). I'm mostly inclined to Asus as it is cheaper to the competition's offering and the fact that in my experience, asus has a (imo, very) solid quality build and I've no issues whatsoever. I would like to ask a question as to how the GL702 (with the GTX1070) hold up to the MSI GT73VR (I think with the GTX 1070 as well)?

I am more inclined to the asus unit though. Price and performance in mind.

Please tell me your thoughts.

Thank You very much.

-Juls

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array DeltaActual's Avatar

GL with 1070 suffers from overheating and thermal throttle, VS is stuck in the past with sound/keyboard/overall look and feel. My next notebook is GT73 WITH 1070. *Check out notebookreview MSI owners lounge for GT73 impressions. I haven't seen that many positive reviews ever.
    Just my 2c*
    GL704GW

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaActual View Post
    GL with 1070 suffers from overheating and thermal throttle, VS is stuck in the past with sound/keyboard/overall look and feel. My next notebook is GT73 WITH 1070. *Check out notebookreview MSI owners lounge for GT73 impressions. I haven't seen that many positive reviews ever.
    Just my 2c*
    Thanks.*

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I recommend you save up and get the MSI after the 1100 series becomes available. These ROG laptops may be very good value for money, but they have endless issues. I envy you since you did not get any, but with my personal experience (G752VY) and research, the MSIs seem to be way more reliable. If i were you i'd seriously get the MSI, just save up abit and wait. All the best to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Armesis View Post
    I recommend you save up and get the MSI after the 1100 series becomes available. These ROG laptops may be very good value for money, but they have endless issues. I envy you since you did not get any, but with my personal experience (G752VY) and research, the MSIs seem to be way more reliable. If i were you i'd seriously get the MSI, just save up abit and wait. All the best to you!
    True. Anyway, my 970m can still run fluidly the games I am playing.

Thanks.

Immortal Array MacLeod PC Specs
    MacLeod PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition
    MotherboardIntel® Mobile CM236 Express Chipset
    ProcessorOverclocked Intel Skylake-K Quad Core i7-6820HK Processor (Base Frq: 2.7GHz)
    Memory (part number)64GB Overclocked DDR4 2400MHz DRAM (4x16GB)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 (8.0GB) GDDR5 (Pascal) w/Optimus™ Technology
    Graphics Card #2VR Ready
    Graphics Card #31.2MP HD Camera
    Graphics Card #4External Monitor = ASUS VH242H
    Sound CardRealtek w/ Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar (Dolby® 3D Stereo Enhanced Sound System)
    Monitor17.3" FHD (1920*1080) Hardware G-Sync 178° View-Angle & ASUS VH242H
    Storage #1512 GB NVMe PCIeG3x4 SSD (4x speed of Sata SSD) + 1TB (7200 RPM)
    Storage #22TB WD My Passport Ultra
    CPU CoolerHyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System w/3D Mobile Vapor Chamber Cooling & Dust-Release Fan
    CaseArmor Titanium and Plasma Copper (Dimensions (WxHxD) 16.4" x 1.9" x 12.7") (Weight 9.5 lbs)
    Power Supply8 Cells - Smart Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (64WHrs) 230W AC Adapter
    Keyboard Tactile Chiclet Backlit Keyboard with 30-Key Rollover & External Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse
    Headset Asus Orion Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ROG
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System & Altec Lansing Speakers
    OS Genuine Windows® 10 Professional 64bit
    Network RouterARRIS TOUCHSTONE DOCSIS 3.0 DG1670A
    Accessory #1 Dual-Band Intel® Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 4.2
    Accessory #2 DL DVD±RW/CD-RW 8x Super Multi Combo Drive
    Accessory #3 ASUS Republic of Gamers Nomad Backpack

From all of the reviews and forums I have read regarding MSI, their customer service is worse than any other company, and they have extremely high numbers regarding defects or defective units...and more specifically overheating issues...this includes their most recent systems.

This is of course not a perfect world...and ASUS is not without their share of problems either...however...ASUS quality of products has generally been better than most any other manufacturer...and for the price.

My 2 cents worth!
    Last edited by MacLeod; 04-19-2017 at 08:06 PM.
    There Can Be Only One!

New ROGer Array

Gt73vr not have issue a bleeding screen

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk