cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What motherboard does g20cb uses?

YayYayYay01
Level 7
I wanted to know what kind of motherboard g20 uses as it does not seem to be mini itx.Is it a standard itx board and how it is putted in the case?Is there a way to remove it and install a new one.Kinda like when PC starts to become obsolete can you just use it as a case?I know it will be hard but I have been a little bit into modding.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
8 REPLIES 8

scoobs25
Level 7
I had a picture on my phone of the motherboard and what I can tell the numbers are. H170 -p/g20cb/dp_MB

YayYayYay01
Level 7
Do you know how it is connected to the case?

YayYayYay01
Level 7
I found out that it is a 170 board which is custom made.My new question is does it have mounting holes for a mini itx motherboard.

chilinmichael
Level 10
The answer is simple. The motherboard is custom. You are not fitting anything else in without extensive modification, meaning the basic answer is no. The beauty of the G20CB is that you can get the sum of parts that equal a certain value and only pay about $100-$200 more for a footprint (size) that you'd never be able to custom build yourself
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

YayYayYay01
Level 7
I have been able to build a gtx 1080 PC in a s4 mini case.That is 4 litres compared to the 9.5 liters g20cb.It is only about looks.

chilinmichael
Level 10
That's wonderful lol. If you are able to customize a motherboard into the G20CB post it up, As an IT professional who's built his entire life until this PC though, I'm respectfully doubting it.
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

YayYayYay01
Level 7
Well yeah did see some videos. Even its pcie slots are not where they should be. It is more like a laptop motherboard. I may delete the thread.

chilinmichael
Level 10
Honestly if you are looking for customization and future-proofing, this isn't the product for you. I had a custom built PC for years, and now working full time in IT had enough coming home to a custom rig I'd buy new parts for/have to toy with. I wanted something also far more compact than one could build while maintaining some level of upgradability (video card, SSD, possibly ram) to get my money's worth until such time I'd have to do a full upgrade. The unit went on sale for $100 less at BB so I snagged it after reading up on the cost of the sum of it's parts vs purchase price.