cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram speed and Core preformance boost

jbasemoine
Level 9
Hi there,

I have the following questions about Ram (speed) and Core performance boost.

Core performance boost,
Should i set this to Auto, enable or disable in bios ?
I had it set on auto and today i set on enable have no noticed any difference with benchmark (3d mark) and gaming (fps wise).
So i'm not 100% sure what i does and how i should set in bios (p.s i have the 1800x).

Ram speed
Ok i'm going to be as clear as i could be with this question, if i'm not clear please let me know i will provide (when/if possible) additional information.
I have 2x8 gig G.Skill trident z 3600mhz ddr 4 ram with the following latency's 16-16-16-36 and it is set on 3200mhz it uses 1.329 V atm.
In bios i have set ram to 3200 and entered manually set the latency speeds.
When i open up CPU Z my ram runs in dual and it runs at 1599.6mhz, BUT when i op AI suite 3 and go to system informatio ---> spd it says it runs at a max of 2133mhz.
In AIDA64 (extreme trial version) it also say's my memory speed is 2133 (1066mhz)
So now i'm confused... does my memory runs on 3200 or does it run at 2133 and how can i tell for sure ?

I hope anyone can help me out!

Thank you in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

Demoniacstar
Level 9
jbasemoine wrote:
Hi there,

I have the following questions about Ram (speed) and Core performance boost.

Core performance boost,
Should i set this to Auto, enable or disable in bios ?
I had it set on auto and today i set on enable have no noticed any difference with benchmark (3d mark) and gaming (fps wise).
So i'm not 100% sure what i does and how i should set in bios (p.s i have the 1800x).

Ram speed
Ok i'm going to be as clear as i could be with this question, if i'm not clear please let me know i will provide (when/if possible) additional information.
I have 2x8 gig G.Skill trident z 3600mhz ddr 4 ram with the following latency's 16-16-16-36 and it is set on 3200mhz it uses 1.329 V atm.
In bios i have set ram to 3200 and entered manually set the latency speeds.
When i open up CPU Z my ram runs in dual and it runs at 1599.6mhz, BUT when i op AI suite 3 and go to system informatio ---> spd it says it runs at a max of 2133mhz.
In AIDA64 (extreme trial version) it also say's my memory speed is 2133 (1066mhz)
So now i'm confused... does my memory runs on 3200 or does it run at 2133 and how can i tell for sure ?

I hope anyone can help me out!

Thank you in advance!

if you have any question about what ram runs at boot into bios and look at the very first page it will tell you what cpu and ram speeds are....sometimes on a faild ram oc the system will just boot to 2133 without notice......i do not think aida64 trial version shows ram speeds ..you can try running the cache memory test in aida64...it will not test everything but it should show what the ram speeds are in the info of that test.....

hahah thats weird i thought i took that pic out of post ..lol...that's aida 64's sensor panel...it rocks...its why i sub
that is my idle temp ....aida64 fixed the cpu 20 degree off set but left that +20 on the socket temps...
so i still set the -20 rule on socket in the correction settings....

Demoniacstar wrote:
if you have any question about what ram runs at boot into bios and look at the very first page it will tell you what cpu and ram speeds are....sometimes on a faild ram oc the system will just boot to 2133 without notice......i do not think aida64 trial version shows ram speeds ..you can try running the cache memory test in aida64...it will not test everything but it should show what the ram speeds are in the info of that test.....

hahah thats weird i thought i took that pic out of post ..lol...that's aida 64's sensor panel...it rocks...its why i sub
that is my idle temp ....aida64 fixed the cpu 20 degree off set but left that +20 on the socket temps...
so i still set the -20 rule on socket in the correction settings....

When i doe the ram and cach benchmark it show memory bus runs ar 1599.6mhz

jbasemoine wrote:
When i doe the ram and cach benchmark it show memory bus runs ar 1599.6mhz

then what ever you have set in bios is failing .....cuz in my sensore panel in aida shows me 1443mhz ...thats x2 ddr(double data rate)
in that test it shows it 2885mhz.....

so when you do boot to bios what does it show on the first page?
you may need to turn that ram clock down a bit and work it up slowly
making sure your stable at each clock speed before going higher

i would have shown scores but they suck as i am re tuning my ram ..lol..

Demoniacstar wrote:
then what ever you have set in bios is failing .....cuz in my sensore panel in aida shows me 1443mhz ...thats x2 ddr(double data rate)
in that test it shows it 2885mhz.....

so when you do boot to bios what does it show on the first page?
you may need to turn that ram clock down a bit and work it up slowly
making sure your stable at each clock speed before going higher

i would have shown scores but they suck as i am re tuning my ram ..lol..

I took some screen shot's of what is causing my confusion, when i boot mij pc, it shows 3200 mhz.
But With aida 64 then benchmark tells me me it runs @ 1599.6 dual channel (so it runs 3200 proper) cpuZ als say's it run at 1599.6 mhz in dual.
But when i go to Ai Suite 3 it tells me it runs at 2133mhz, also in Aida 64 (motherboard - memoty spd) it say's it runs at 1066mhz (2133mhz).
So... i'm confused @ what speed it is running!
Hope to screen shots wil make thing more clear in hope i can figure out at what speed my memory is running!