cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G73-JH Display Problems

Retired
Not applicable
I get frequent black screens when I power on my machine.This problem has been happening since I purchased the notebook on 4/12/10 from BestBuy. It probably happens 1 out of every 5 times I turn it on. I also get frequent blue (sometimes grey) screens if I leave my notebook idle for 30+ minutes or so. I have it set to turn off my display after 20 minutes, and sleep after 2 hours. 99% of the time when coming back to my notebook, I will move the mouse or hit a key to refresh the machine, and when the display comes back it is either grey or blue (sometimes just black) and I have to completely power down the machine via holding the power button to use my notebook again. This problem is very frustrating as this notebook is only around 6 months old, with mild use, and with a $1200.00+ price tag, you would expect this machine to work perfectly right out of the box.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
1 REPLY 1

V2-V3
Level 8
Drew,

This sounds like a GSOD issue (Gray Screen of Death) there is an available fix and guide in another thread on this forum, over here: http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?519-G73Jh-GSOD-Vbios-Update

You will need to update your motherboard BIOS to at least version 0211, next update your Video Card bios with the 93vBIOSa fix. and last you will need to update your Video drivers to the Catalyst 10.11 or newer