cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get current(or even past) Nvidia drivers for G752?

jmike
Level 7
The latest drivers on the G752's support page are from Dec '16. I went to Nvidia's webpage and downloaded the notebook version of the 381.65s and was prompted with the message: This Graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware. Naturally I just went back and grabbed the desktop version which gave me the same message. I then tried a few previous versions, like 378.92 which is the Mass Effect: Andromeda targeted driver and was met with the same results.

Are there drivers somewhere that's not so obvious or are we stuck until Asus updates? I gained ~15fps in ME:A on my desktop when I updated to the 378.92s so it would be nice to have.
MAIN RIG:
Maximus X | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | 2x EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | EVGA Supernova G3 1000 |
17 REPLIES 17

Sheltem
Level 9
381.65 cannot be installed on any ASUS mobile geforces, the device IDs are simply not there (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1002796/381-65-geforce-game-ready-driver-messed-up-/?offset...). Try the mobile/notebook version of 378.92, it has a much larger ListDevices.txt (and .inf files). At least for me, NVIDIA's notebook 378.92 did work fine (G752VS w/ 1070, 1BE1&SUBSYS_13F01043)
He who invokes history is always secure.
The dead will not rise to witness against him.

You can accuse them of any deeds you like.
Their reply will always be silence.

BoutTime01
Level 7
If you download and install Geforce Experience it will automatically update to the latest compatible driver.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Updating through Geforce Experience no longer works as of the latest drivers it supplies,

After working fine for several driver updates, the latest now fails due to not being able to find compatible graphics hardware.

Looks like either Nvidia made a mistake and did not include a complete hardware list or our days of easy updates are over 😞

I had the same problem. I went to the second youngest driver. Its just bad if you buy a new laptop and driver update fails - you think your grafic card went broke as DOA.

BoutTime01 wrote:
If you download and install Geforce Experience it will automatically update to the latest compatible driver.

Yes, it will successfully download the driver installation package, which will tell you whoops, no supported hardware found.

It seems that the permanent brightness increase issue was why ASUS GeForce notebook cards were manually excluded from the supported devices list. Which means 381.65 (with Win10 CU "support") will NOT be available for us. I'd bet the next driver will be okay.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY NVIDIA
He who invokes history is always secure.
The dead will not rise to witness against him.

You can accuse them of any deeds you like.
Their reply will always be silence.

Sheltem wrote:
Yes, it will successfully download the driver installation package, which will tell you whoops, no supported hardware found.

It seems that the permanent brightness increase issue was why ASUS GeForce notebook cards were manually excluded from the supported devices list. Which means 381.65 (with Win10 CU "support") will NOT be available for us. I'd bet the next driver will be okay.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY NVIDIA

Oh i didn't realise. I've installed the creative edition update and my current driver seems to work fine.

BoutTime01 wrote:
Oh i didn't realise. I've installed the creative edition update and my current driver seems to work fine.

Just checked.....I have 381.65 installed and the brightness control does not work.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Avoid Gforce experience, all it guarantees is a performance hit with another app running.
Just go to the Nvidia drivers page and enter the correct info and BAM! it gives you a list of drivers to choose from.

The only issues are when folks enter the wrong info or those running the widows insider preview builds which 381.65 was released specifically to address, this is specific to a beta OS which you can expect problems.

You should also be more specific as to what G752 you are referencing. Pretty broad range there especially with the 10 series desktop GPUs going in the lastest models compared to 900 series M GPUs with the first round of G752s.

378.92 is the latest so long as you are not running a beta OS

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/378.78/378.78-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

chevell65
Level 12
GeForce experience causes a performance hit? What app does it do this to Justin?