cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT cumulative issues

Dr4g0n36
Level 10
Hi guys, in the past several months i've collected some issues/bugs and i would like to know if anyone of you have the same and if exist some workaround and/or solutions. Some issues persist through several format and Anniversary Update and Creator update (i will sign with AU and CU)

So, let's start:

• Sonic Suite II can't change audio setting (equalizer and preset) to any app/program. Only Realtek equalizer work but Realtek preset doesn't work (auditorium, ecc...). Only keeping it enable make sound better than crappy one without SS2 disabled (AFFECTED: AU and CU)
  • Realtek panel, when inserting earphones trough jack recognize it as speakers, seems that audio chip loss earphones settings. (AFFECTED: AU and CU)
  • Most of the time when creating a folder i have to press F5 in order to see it (i'm under RAID0 nvme). This happens on RAID volume and secondary HDD (AFFECTED: AU and CU)
  • I'm no more able to rise and low screen light (bar rise but nothing change) (AFFECTED: CU)
  • Very annoying, even after 3 full format: 90% of times when logging in i'm only prompted to insert password and not PIN, even if configured. It work once a week randomly. (AFFECTED: AU and CU)
  • Once a week when watching videos online all video stream stop working (Facebook, youtube, vimeo...all) and restarting 5/6 times nothing change. I had to wait several hour in order to see online videos. (AFFECTED: AU and CU)
  • sometimes IRST panel show me SSD 1 capacity 128GB and SSD 2 0GB, even if RAID is (obviously) fully working. (AFFECTED: AU and CU)
  • Sometimes when updating Nvidia driver with internal updater the entire process crash when GTX 970m is already uninstalled and is installing new driver, Always i had to redownload full package and doing a clean install (AFFECTED: AU and CU)
  • Left USB's works...no, they work with one USB drive and not with other 9 (AFFECTED: AU and CU)
  • Battery charge only till 95% (battery old?) (AFFECTED: AU and CU)
  • USB peripheal remain on even when PC is shutted down, and quick charge setted on maximum bar (stop charge when battery is below 99%) (AFFECTED: AU and CU)

so...is a bad machine (mine) or a fully bad generation? someone found a workaround for some of this points?

Thanks in advice 😮
10 REPLIES 10

Ancients
Level 10
My sonic suit equalizer seems to adjust things, but I haven't tried pairing it with any app or program.
When inserting headphones I receive a prompt asking if I connected speakers or headphones. Is this what you are referring to? Or is your option for headphones missing entirely?
I see a folder instantly when I create a new one.
My screen brightness controls work fine.
I don't have a PIN set on my laptop so I cannot say if I have this issue or not.
The only reasons that my video streams stop is because of my router acting up, not my laptop. When my laptop loses internet so does my tablet, phone, etc.
I have never seen a duplicate hard drive show up with a 0GB capacity listed.
The GeForce experience was garbage(it would take half an hour to launch and crash half the time) until I reinstalled it, since then I have had no problems related to the 970m or nvidia.
My left side USBs seem to work just fine. I've never had my external hard drives disconnect from them, and my mouse is connected there full time.
The battery charging to 95% is a feature to protect your battery, it isn't a bug. If your battery drops below 95% or so it should charge back to 100% and then trickle back down to 95% if you leave it plugged in all the time.
My USB peripherals stay on in sleep mode, but not when shut down. Admittedly I did uninstall ASUS Quickcharge or whatever the program was.

Aside from the nvidia geforce experience bugs when I got it, my G752VT has been good to me and hasn't given me any problems that couldn't be attributed to Windows 10 being buggy.

Ancients wrote:
My sonic suit equalizer seems to adjust things, but I haven't tried pairing it with any app or program.
When inserting headphones I receive a prompt asking if I connected speakers or headphones. Is this what you are referring to? Or is your option for headphones missing entirely?
I see a folder instantly when I create a new one.
My screen brightness controls work fine.
I don't have a PIN set on my laptop so I cannot say if I have this issue or not.
The only reasons that my video streams stop is because of my router acting up, not my laptop. When my laptop loses internet so does my tablet, phone, etc.
I have never seen a duplicate hard drive show up with a 0GB capacity listed.
The GeForce experience was garbage(it would take half an hour to launch and crash half the time) until I reinstalled it, since then I have had no problems related to the 970m or nvidia.
My left side USBs seem to work just fine. I've never had my external hard drives disconnect from them, and my mouse is connected there full time.
The battery charging to 95% is a feature to protect your battery, it isn't a bug. If your battery drops below 95% or so it should charge back to 100% and then trickle back down to 95% if you leave it plugged in all the time.
My USB peripherals stay on in sleep mode, but not when shut down. Admittedly I did uninstall ASUS Quickcharge or whatever the program was.

Aside from the nvidia geforce experience bugs when I got it, my G752VT has been good to me and hasn't given me any problems that couldn't be attributed to Windows 10 being buggy.

I'll try to explain better every point in order to receive a better feedback, also in this hours i've already found solution for brightness (i'ts a bug of 381.65 Nvidia drivers, have to wait next release)

Realtek issue:
When connecting earphones trough jack Windows still recognize it as speakers, also Realtek panel recognize them as speakers (only appear "virtualize earphones and nothing else), see next attachments (earphones are already connected):

Sonic suite II and realtek equalizer issue:
SS2 preset don't change any sound output when selected (music, game, etc...)
nothing in the right panel of SS2 work (equalizer, Bass bar, EQ bar, intensity or type of reverbe); right of SS2 panel i've opened Realtek panel; here equalizer work (bottom) but preset doesn't work (auditorium, etc...) here is an attachment:

Issues:

IRST issue
not really an issue but just a bit annoying, sometimes second NVMe show me 0 GB of capacity (obviously computer is working fine with 256GB of RAID), here's the attachment:

Left USB bug:
i've Always connected mouse at this ports because they give me error only on storage device (showing me for example a White out USB pen into my computer, more than one model). I've already read about many users that have tis problem, also on G751 and G750 models.

Quick Charge bug:
i've already tried to uninstall software but even with PC powered off my external keybord or mouse still receive electricity. I've solved ita only installing software, removing PSU and setting it to switch of at 99% of battery charge. When i turn off PC after a couple of minutes it stop to send power to USB peripheals.

PIN problem:
I've found that mostly appear when moving from home to office (both simple network setted as trusted) maybe can be a excessive timeout for wifi loading at startup, showing me only password instead of 2 options.

Dr4g0n36
Level 10
just for info...wich Realtek driver do you have? (find it into realtek panel info)

RuisuL12
Level 7
I have this machine, and for the Sonic Suite II sometimes it happens, what I do its to right click in the sound icon, playback devices, select speaker and then configure, and I change from stereo to Surround and then get back to stereo and it took the SSII presets, and if sometimes doesn't, I select the Realtek Digital Output for a short time as a default device and get back to speakers default and it works. Its not a permanent solution cause its not always. Another thing is, definitely not working with Firefox, even when purchased worked a while, just in Chrome for now.
The other issues not happening, just the left USB port, one of them doesn't recognize external drives sometimes or USB drives, so i connect my mouse there.

RuisuL12 wrote:
I have this machine, and for the Sonic Suite II sometimes it happens, what I do its to right click in the sound icon, playback devices, select speaker and then configure, and I change from stereo to Surround and then get back to stereo and it took the SSII presets, and if sometimes doesn't, I select the Realtek Digital Output for a short time as a default device and get back to speakers default and it works. Its not a permanent solution cause its not always. Another thing is, definitely not working with Firefox, even when purchased worked a while, just in Chrome for now.
The other issues not happening, just the left USB port, one of them doesn't recognize external drives sometimes or USB drives, so i connect my mouse there.

The strangest thing is that SS2 equalizer and preset work ONLY with the older Windows Media Player...sems that anytingh that come with Windows 10 (Edge, Groove Music, etc...) are prevent to interact with SS2 (vety bad beacuse it's a machine that came with Windows 10 native OS). Wich realtek version do you have?

Dr4g0n36 wrote:
The strangest thing is that SS2 equalizer and preset work ONLY with the older Windows Media Player...sems that anytingh that come with Windows 10 (Edge, Groove Music, etc...) are prevent to interact with SS2 (vety bad beacuse it's a machine that came with Windows 10 native OS). Wich realtek version do you have?

My realtek version is 6.0.1.8036, I updated to see if its going to change something, but stay the same. Don't know if you happen to get distorted audio sometimes, this happen when I see a youtube video, or in Netflix change episode, I just do the things that I mentioned to get clear audio again. I too think Windows 10 had mess with things with the updates, I had a issue with the Wi-Fi adapter, when Anniversary Update came, took me like six months find out what was that.

Buggsy
Level 7
Are they USB headphone? I'm pretty sure most all USB headphones I've used are listed as "speakers".

Buggsy wrote:
Are they USB headphone? I'm pretty sure most all USB headphones I've used are listed as "speakers".

Fully normal jack stereo headpones, tried a couple of model but audio channel still remain on "speakers" . It's my first bug since i bought my G. Seems a project issue.

Ancients
Level 10
Are your headphones working properly, though? Mine does stay with the speaker icon checked and the playback devices shows speakers as active, but it is working perfectly fine with my headphones. And headphones are just a headset with two speakers in them, after all.