cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPrime X370-Pro Cannot boot from Samsung EVO NVMe M.2 please help aASAP

Fieldsweeper
Level 7
I am so frusterated with this BS, if you want to support something then freaking support it.

I cannot get this thing to boot, sometimes it will see the drive, others it wont depending on internal BIOS settings.

I had 2 SSDs plugged in, AND was able to install windows 10 to the m.2 drive. boots fine, needed to take those drives out to put back in my old PC and now this thing will not boot unless those are plugged in. No its not installed on those SSDs

ANY help would be great its 11:32pm and I am extremely frusterated no help online,

I will love you forever if you can help me get this working soon.

(newest bios update fyi)
2 REPLIES 2

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
When you install Windows you have to do so with only the target drive installed otherwise windows can put boot info onto other drives...sounds like what has happened here.

Maybe redo the win install UEFI install with only OS drive connected.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Operator error. Only intended drive installed(this mitigates mistakes as to where its going), CSM disabled, UEFI enabled.
Sounds like you have the boot partition on a different drive than the OS.
run diskmanager and post a screen shot of your partitions.

Example
See C:\ has OS and UEFI and recovery partition and other drives only have a single partition.
If you have something different this is your problem.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein