cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Fan RPM

injurer
Level 7
Hello,

I'm having an issue with one of my fans. I have a Noctua Industrial PPC 3000 RPM, 12V PWM that was working just fine with my old Crosshair V Formula Z goes up to 3000 RPM (quite noisy and noticeable but giving a lot of pressure).

Now with the C6H the maximum speed it reaches is about 1500-1600 RPM no matter how I set it through the BIOS - PWM or Voltage mode, turned off the power management, maxed it out, nothing helps. The fan is connected to OPT 2 as it's closes to the front panel.

Any ideas what could be wrong?
2 REPLIES 2

Praz
Level 13
injurer wrote:
Hello,

I'm having an issue with one of my fans. I have a Noctua Industrial PPC 3000 RPM, 12V PWM that was working just fine with my old Crosshair V Formula Z goes up to 3000 RPM (quite noisy and noticeable but giving a lot of pressure).

Now with the C6H the maximum speed it reaches is about 1500-1600 RPM no matter how I set it through the BIOS - PWM or Voltage mode, turned off the power management, maxed it out, nothing helps. The fan is connected to OPT 2 as it's closes to the front panel.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Hello

I'm not sure what OPT 2 is. If you are referring to the CPU_OPT header it is slaved to the CPU_FAN header and cannot be configured independently.

My mistake. It's actually CHA FAN 2.