cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having issues with front panel audio

mikeymontz
Level 7
ive been having issues with my front panel audio on my z270 code... i tried using my system with just the bare essentials and i still could not figure it out.

i just tried switching from HD audio to ac97 in the realtek software and low and behold my headphones work again.. albeit there is still a little interference (yes ive tried several pairs of headphones)

there seems to be an issue with the realtek software because b4 this i would plug in my headphones and i could initially hear sound coming through up until i press the button acknowleding it is headphones and not front speakers. there is an issue where the impedence just drops the volume..

does anyone know a fix for this?

or am i stuck getting a dac for my headphones??

btw the rear audio panel works great and i have my system hooked up to a yamaha cr-3020 receiver
15 REPLIES 15

Nate152
Hi mikeymontz

When you connected the audio cable from your case to the AAFP header on the motherboard did you connect the AC-97 connector or HD Audio connector ?

HD Audio is superior to AC-97.

My case has both connectors on one cable is why I ask.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi mikeymontz

When you connected the audio cable from your case to the AAFP header on the motherboard did you connect the AC-97 connector or HD Audio connector ?

HD Audio is superior to AC-97.

My case has both connectors on one cable is why I ask.

i just got a new case.. an s340 elite.. the front audio cable is only a hd audio connector there isnt a regular ac-97 at all.

mikeymontz wrote:
i just got a new case.. an s340 elite.. the front audio cable is only a hd audio connector there isnt a regular ac-97 at all.

Make sure your cable isn't touching anything that can cause interference.

when i use the mic input on the front panel as an audio output it works fine the sound is clear..... like i said the sound works initially as soon as plug my headphones into the audio out port.. then it turns to sh#t as soon as acknowledge it is headphones... seems like an issue with the impedence reading

sk2play
Level 13
I connect my SBZ card via Optical (AKA SPDIF) to a Denon Receiver and can plug Headphone into the Denon Receiver. At various times with no logical reason, I have to switch in the Sound Properties from Speakers to SPDIF and visa versa depending on the driver used. Sometimes a Win10 update will make this change as well. Check your sound properties DEFAULT being used. Play a song and if the one signalling sound is not the DEFAULT, right click on it and change it to the default and test.

Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

Nate152
I'm using headphones and I have them connected to the motherboard jacks as it has much better sound than the audio jacks on the case.

Do you have the HD Audio controller enabled in the bios ? It should be Advanced tab - Onboard Device Configuration

Nate152 wrote:
I'm using headphones and I have them connected to the motherboard jacks as it has much better sound than the audio jacks on the case.

Do you have the HD Audio controller enabled in the bios ? It should be Advanced tab - Onboard Device Configuration

yes its enabled... i have my speakers hooked up to the back. the convenience of it being in the front was so i can easily hook up my headphones without having to go to the back of the case..

i rerouted all my wires and even tried unplugging all my usb devices

Nate152
I haven't tried the jacks on my case with the Maximus IX code yet, let me do that and I'll let you know if there are any issues.

Give me a few minutes while I try it out.

Nate152
All right

So I connected my headphones to the case jacks and when I did SupremeFX came up and asked me; "What did you just plug in" ? It had mic checked and said something about the impedence and said it was set to extreme. In sonic studio 3 it gives you soft, balanced or extreme.

It sounded great and the EQ worked with it too.

Did SupremeFX ask you what you just plugged in ?

Do you have the Realtek audio driver installed along with sonic studio 3 ?