cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Upgrade/Update My GL702VM NVidia GTX 1060 GPU....

Modus
Level 7
Hello Everyone on ROG Forums.

As my title mentions i cannoy upgrade my GL702VM NVidia GTX 1680 GPU.
I am met with an error message that Cannot continue upgrade because suitable hardware could not be found.
this has been happening for for days now. Originaly I thought it could be a problrm at nvidias end but now im not so sure.

Has anyone had a similar issue, Or can anyonr help me to fix this please ?
7 REPLIES 7

U2Desire
Level 7
This is a known problem @ NVidia forum with the latest driver release and several ASUS SKU's and will be fixed with next release hopefully on Monday.
Also your GPU on the GL702VM is a 1060 not a 1680.

Thanks for taking the time to reply with this info U2Desire .
its appreciated.

And also pointing out my typo regarding my GPU.

hopefully NVidia will sort this out sooner rather than later!!

I have a GL702VM w/1060 GTX...tried updating it many times but always failed. Turns out that updating the GPU is not possible thru the OEM when it is in a laptop. I'll try to find the supporting docs for this claim. I could have misunderstood. In other words having a Nvdia GPU in your laptop is not the same as having one on a Nvidia graphics board in a desktop on a graphics card in a slot.

Weltraum Affe wrote:
I have a GL702VM w/1060 GTX...tried updating it many times but always failed. Turns out that updating the GPU is not possible thru the OEM when it is in a laptop. I'll try to find the supporting docs for this claim. I could have misunderstood. In other words having a Nvdia GPU in your laptop is not the same as having one on a Nvidia graphics board in a desktop on a graphics card in a slot.

That's not the case at all. It is an issue with the latest driver released and has been resolved by Nvidia already for the next release. I have been using gaming laptops for almost a decade now and this is only the second time I have had an issue updating graphics drivers directly from AMD or Nvidia.

Bran187 wrote:
That's not the case at all. It is an issue with the latest driver released and has been resolved by Nvidia already for the next release. I have been using gaming laptops for almost a decade now and this is only the second time I have had an issue updating graphics drivers directly from AMD or Nvidia.

New driver out today works atleast for my GL702VM.

Urr this captch business every time I post is getting really annoying.

Would you be so kind as to post the link to that update?