cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New owner: Maximus IX Code, questions

nmdelrio
Level 7
I just migrated from a M5E, and am happy with my M9C, but I have a few questions:

1. Where to I enable Wake On Lan? The new layout of the UEFI BIOS but I need to familiarise myself and have difficulty understanding the terminologies. My 60 year old brain farts far too much.

2. I have a 5-monitor setup (2 on top, 3 at bottom). Bottom 3 monitors are connceted to the GTX 1070 (DVI, DP, DP) and the other top 2 on the integrated GPU (HDMI, DP). Previously with the same setup on my M5E, during POST everthing is displayed on my primary monitor (on DVI on GTX 1070), especially so when I go into UEFI BIOS. But now these are displayed on both the monitors connected to the iGPU, therefore 2 clones. How can I get the UEFI BIOS to the primary (center) monitor? All monitors are configured "Extend desktop to this display" in Windows 10.
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi nmdelrio

1) I'm pretty sure Wake on Lan is enabled through device manager, I have the Maximus IX Code and I don't recall seeing WOL in the bios. Be sure fast boot is disabled when using WOL.

https://www.unifiedremote.com/tutorials/how-to-configure-wake-on-lan-on-windows

2) I'm not 100% sure on this but open the nvidia control panel and click configure surround, physx - surround configuration. Then check the box "span displays with surround" and click configure.

Thanks Nate152, with the link you sent me, and further reading, I found it on the BIOS under Adavanced/APM Configuration/ Wake on PCI-E/PCI. I didn't have to make any modifications in Device Manager. Thanks again.

Nate152
You're welcome

Good to hear you found it, I don't use the WOL feature myself. 🙂