cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyway to change intel extreme tuning utility settings for Asus G752

BL_11
Level 7
I want to change some of my cpu settings in intel extreme utility but keep failing, so I want to know if there are anyway to change it.
9 REPLIES 9

Sheltem
Level 9
That is definitely possible, both via XTU and ThrottleStop, but if you keep failing I would suggest to remove the ROG Gaming Center, since it might be interfering with your settings.
He who invokes history is always secure.
The dead will not rise to witness against him.

You can accuse them of any deeds you like.
Their reply will always be silence.

Sheltem wrote:
That is definitely possible, both via XTU and ThrottleStop, but if you keep failing I would suggest to remove the ROG Gaming Center, since it might be interfering with your settings.

I uninstall ROG Gaming Center but not the multipliers are greyed out? how can i fix this

Sheltem wrote:

I have the Asus G752VY

Whoops!

I have overlooked the fact that G752 can ship with non-K CPUs, such as 6700 HQ (Skylake versions). If that is the case then yes, most (if not all) things will be locked down and impossible to change.
He who invokes history is always secure.
The dead will not rise to witness against him.

You can accuse them of any deeds you like.
Their reply will always be silence.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Not going to work, been down that road. It actually let me make changes to my RAM then it wouldn't boot. Had to tear down a new machine just to get to the battery so I could reset. Do yourself a favor an uninstall XTU before you create a brick.*

What you have is what you got. Machine can't be over or underclocked or undervolted. Memory runs XMP for *max of 2400MHz.

The only thing to really dabble with in the BIOS is to raid or not to raid. *

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Not going to work, been down that road. It actually let me make changes to my RAM then it wouldn't boot. Had to tear down a new machine just to get to the battery so I could reset. Do yourself a favor an uninstall XTU before you create a brick.*

What you have is what you got. Machine can't be over or underclocked or undervolted. Memory runs XMP for *max of 2400MHz.

The only thing to really dabble with in the BIOS is to raid or not to raid. *

While you can't overclock it, you can undervolt the 6700hq pretty easily, and by pretty far amounts. You can also underclock it using XTU by a whopping 0.5% by decreasing the reference clock to 99.5 MHz in XTU, but that is hardly worth mentioning.

Ancients wrote:
While you can't overclock it, you can undervolt the 6700hq pretty easily, and by pretty far amounts. You can also underclock it using XTU by a whopping 0.5% by decreasing the reference clock to 99.5 MHz in XTU, but that is hardly worth mentioning.

You did this on a G752VY?
ALL controls for the CPU on mine were either inoperable or not present. The only thing it let me change was memory settings and that was catastrophic. Once I recovered memory setting were no longer available at all.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
You did this on a G752VY?
ALL controls for the CPU on mine were either inoperable or not present. The only thing it let me change was memory settings and that was catastrophic. Once I recovered memory setting were no longer available at all.

It was on a G752VT, but they both have a 6700HQ.
The only things that are grayed out when I open XTU are Core Voltage Mode, Intel Turbo Boost Technology controls, Cache Voltage Mode, and core multipliers.