cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Extreme E10 & Bluetooth Issues (Fix)

Psychor
Level 7
So I finally got around to finishing my new built. I've been sitting on parts for months.

I enabled Bluetooth (BT) in the BIOS. I load Windows 10 Pro x64 (latest build), enable BT in Windows and enable BT discovery in Windows - all important steps. I then try and get the R5E10 to see my new Xbox One controller over BT (yes, the latest controllers supports BT). Nothing. Absolutely nothing - I can't get the R5E10 to see jack over BT.

Looooong story short. For the hell of it I enable wireless on the R5E10 via the BIOS, which was previously disabled as I had no plans to use it, and I attached the included WiFi antenna. I didn't install any new BT drivers or change any BT settings in Windows. Guess what... the R5E10 now sees my controller.

This is nuts. I don't know how or why BT is "connected" to WiFi on the R5E10, but it should not be.

Hope this helps someone else. I Google'd this for quite awhile last night and came up with nothing.
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You need the antenna for bluetooth and wifi...an important step was missing 😛 p2-14 manual..might be that, more than enabling wifi in BIOS, that got you up and running?

However since it is a single module maybe you need "wireless" enabled in totality...would not be so odd...

Chino
Level 15

Psychor
Level 7
Thanks guys. But what's odd is that my R4E had BT and I didn't need any external antennas for it to work.

Chino
Level 15