cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG GLADIUS II In game testing (Pre Review)

Asuhra
Level 7
Hey there, for anyone who might be interested in the Gladius II here's my in game preliminary testing for you.
I used to be one of the Top 3 Quake 2 Lithium players in the World when I was younger, also all-time top 3 normal Quake 2 and Quake 3 player of my Country.

I've recently bought all the legendary Mice out there because I decided to take matters into my own hands and started designing the perfect fps mouse of all time and I want to check what the competition is doing. To my surprise this heavy weight Gladius II is the best of all the legends that I've tried. In fact it comes as a replacement for the new Deathadder elite which I found lacking and returned it.

I will leave you with the preliminary in-game test along with the preliminary review that is on my Youtube channel:

Pre Review:

Even though this mouse is far from being perfect its competing mice are in general so bad that this might actually be the best gaming mouse I tested in the last 15 years.
I don't know what is it but it is so absurdly stable that it's almost auto aim. It feels like a mouse should feel, like part of your hand. Don't get me wrong, this is a heavy weight (110g) but it's weight distribution is so balanced and the sensor so precise (Pixart 3060) that I can use it as my main fast First Person Shooter mouse. It has a long way to go until perfection but what a start and what an evolution from the previous Gladius.

PROS:
Easily Exchangeable switches (YES!!!!!!!).
Detachable Cable! (Hell Yeah!!!)
Nice Scroll wheel (So far)
Nice shape for people who are not as perfectionist as me.
Nice mouse feet.
The most amazing RGB leds I've seen in a mouse. The wave pattern makes the mouse look like a space ship floating above the mouse mat. BAUTIFUL!
Weight Distribution. One of the few mice that actually works when aiming vertically while Claw/Fingertip Gripping. The Logitech G403 with the same sensor couldn't even draw a straight vertical line, it did lines that looked like waves instead. Horizontally it was also bad, it was constantly moving diagonally when I aimed horizontally. The Gladius II has none of that, it draws the most perfect lines while claw/Fingertip Gripping. Nice!
The insides, what a beauty when you open the mouse. The interior looks like a work of art, exactly like something I would build and be proud of.

CONS:
Switches... 30 minutes after playing both switches were already stuck in auto-fire several times!! They just keep on getting stuck no matter how light I touch them. 50 Million click OMRON Switches... no comment. Luckily the mouse has replaceable switches... by OMRON again!! lol I honestly would like to know how much OMRON pays idiots to promote this absurd crap switches on forums. In my opinion OMRON switches should be outlawed, they single handily ruined the reputation of most gaming mice. Every single mice I had with OMRON switches died in less than two months. That's why the last few years all I used was A4Tech Bloody mice! They just don't die even if you hammer the mouse. No better mice for the price. They are becoming legendary in Russia and other countries where people can't afford expensive mice. ADVICE: Stop putting this OMRON trash in your mice peripheral makers!!! Just STOP! I stopped buying overpriced gaming mice just because of those switches! you are losing sales because of OMRON!

Weight. At 110g most FPS players won't even look at this mouse which is a shame. 30g less and I wouldn't even know I was holding a mouse.

Shape, although it's ok for most people, It still needs several tweaks, specially in the right back (too wide, should have a back similar to the Bloody V5M to improve Claw/Fingertip Grip) and length should be shorter because the average human hand is just below 19cm, this mouse seems built for 20cm hands an up just like the Deathadder. Luckily for ASUS all the legendary gaming mice have this problem! 🙂

With time I will probably find more PROS and CONS. If anything changes I'll update the review.
2 REPLIES 2

mcleod52
Level 8
Thanks for the review. I've been waiting for this mouse to hit the retail world here. Still waiting.

Bahz
Level 12
Asuhra wrote:
Hey there, for anyone who might be interested in the Gladius II here's my in game preliminary testing for you.
I used to be one of the Top 3 Quake 2 Lithium players in the World when I was younger, also all-time top 3 normal Quake 2 and Quake 3 player of my Country.

I've recently bought all the legendary Mice out there because I decided to take matters into my own hands and started designing the perfect fps mouse of all time and I want to check what the competition is doing. To my surprise this heavy weight Gladius II is the best of all the legends that I've tried. In fact it comes as a replacement for the new Deathadder elite which I found lacking and returned it.

I will leave you with the preliminary in-game test along with the preliminary review that is on my Youtube channel:

Pre Review:

Even though this mouse is far from being perfect its competing mice are in general so bad that this might actually be the best gaming mouse I tested in the last 15 years.
I don't know what is it but it is so absurdly stable that it's almost auto aim. It feels like a mouse should feel, like part of your hand. Don't get me wrong, this is a heavy weight (110g) but it's weight distribution is so balanced and the sensor so precise (Pixart 3060) that I can use it as my main fast First Person Shooter mouse. It has a long way to go until perfection but what a start and what an evolution from the previous Gladius.

PROS:
Easily Exchangeable switches (YES!!!!!!!).
Detachable Cable! (Hell Yeah!!!)
Nice Scroll wheel (So far)
Nice shape for people who are not as perfectionist as me.
Nice mouse feet.
The most amazing RGB leds I've seen in a mouse. The wave pattern makes the mouse look like a space ship floating above the mouse mat. BAUTIFUL!
Weight Distribution. One of the few mice that actually works when aiming vertically while Claw/Fingertip Gripping. The Logitech G403 with the same sensor couldn't even draw a straight vertical line, it did lines that looked like waves instead. Horizontally it was also bad, it was constantly moving diagonally when I aimed horizontally. The Gladius II has none of that, it draws the most perfect lines while claw/Fingertip Gripping. Nice!
The insides, what a beauty when you open the mouse. The interior looks like a work of art, exactly like something I would build and be proud of.

CONS:
Switches... 30 minutes after playing both switches were already stuck in auto-fire several times!! They just keep on getting stuck no matter how light I touch them. 50 Million click OMRON Switches... no comment. Luckily the mouse has replaceable switches... by OMRON again!! lol I honestly would like to know how much OMRON pays idiots to promote this absurd crap switches on forums. In my opinion OMRON switches should be outlawed, they single handily ruined the reputation of most gaming mice. Every single mice I had with OMRON switches died in less than two months. That's why the last few years all I used was A4Tech Bloody mice! They just don't die even if you hammer the mouse. No better mice for the price. They are becoming legendary in Russia and other countries where people can't afford expensive mice. ADVICE: Stop putting this OMRON trash in your mice peripheral makers!!! Just STOP! I stopped buying overpriced gaming mice just because of those switches! you are losing sales because of OMRON!

Weight. At 110g most FPS players won't even look at this mouse which is a shame. 30g less and I wouldn't even know I was holding a mouse.

Shape, although it's ok for most people, It still needs several tweaks, specially in the right back (too wide, should have a back similar to the Bloody V5M to improve Claw/Fingertip Grip) and length should be shorter because the average human hand is just below 19cm, this mouse seems built for 20cm hands an up just like the Deathadder. Luckily for ASUS all the legendary gaming mice have this problem! 🙂

With time I will probably find more PROS and CONS. If anything changes I'll update the review.

I'm sorry I missed this thread, I did see your post in another thread regarding the Omron switches. This is an excellent write-up/review, I really enjoyed it and thanks for sharing all your thoughts and feedback on this product.