cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win10 Creators Update (11 april 2017) G752 VY - Issues with Smart Gesture - [solved]

kaltoreth
Level 8
SOLUTION!
Reinstall the software as proposed by Clintlgm! See answer #2 and my confirmation that worked #3.

Ahoy me harties!

The upgrade to the latest windows 10 version (Windows 10 Creators update released 11th og april 2017) Winver.exe = v1703 (OS-Build 15063.14) went smoothly. No issues other than Asus Smart Gesture.
What I mean, is that my touchpad works etc, but some FN+buttons don't work FN+f9 to turn of touchpad for example), and neither does stuff like scrolling up and down on sites with two fingers up and down on the touchpad and other smart gestures on the touchpad.

Im running Asus Smart Gesture v. 4.0.12 which is latest.

Any tips?I 🙂

It's not a deal-breaker - But I use those functions quite a bit so it's and inconvenience. And tbh - That's the only issues I've noticed since upgrade so no biggie.

^The Kal.
Everybody remember where we parked.
-James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.
21 REPLIES 21

Clintlgm
Level 14
I found after the AU I had to reinstall some programs. this may be what you need to do. Just uninstall and reinstall see what happens let us know
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
I found after the AU I had to reinstall some programs. this may be what you need to do. Just uninstall and reinstall see what happens let us know

You were right mate 😄

I had to uninstall the Asus Smart Gesture 4.0.12 software - Do a reboot - Reinstall it - Reboot again. Works like a charm now 🙂

Thank you very much for the correct tip!

^The Kal.
-James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

kaltoreth
Level 8
On a completely different note - Whate do you mean by the "AU"? Auto Update?

And second note - heh.. Is it possible to edit thread header to add (Solution) and/or (Solved) so that others might can se the reinstall tip as a possible solution? Edited top of 1st post with solution and crediting you Clintlgm 🙂

^The Kal.

AU Anniversary Upgrade the last major upgrade to Windows 10 lots of hardware no longer worked and most software that didn't work after just needed a reinstall. I haven't done the creator upgrade yet. But the AU after the install several programs reinstalled themselves like Classic Shell, Gadget 8, some others and then I can't remember which ones but there were a couple that In had to reinstall to get going. I expect this will be common with the this new upgrade.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
AU August Upgrade the last major upgrade to Windows 10 lots of hardware no longer worked and most software that didn't work after just needed a reinstall.

I thought AU = anniversary update?

Well yes and no, August upgrade was not a simple update that we get every month or so. It is a full upgrade with consequences of that upgrade to be considered especial if you might be running some older business or propriety software.
This CU is also a major upgrade not to be confused with an ordinary monthly update.

I have found that with these Major Upgrades the best way to install them is not to allow MS Update to run them at all. Most of the issues that arise are from installing it this way!!!
Instead use the MCT Media Creation Tool Download the latest window 10 ISO for your system Core or Pro etc. Set the ISO up on a USB Stick and then start the upgrade from the USB Stick with windows open. this Results in the least amount of issues. Both ways result in the same outcome your notebook upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Your right I edited my post
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Dr4g0n36
Level 10
after 48 hour of full fresh format with CU ISO today disappeared all my pinned ap to start, no more edge in quick bar and no more notifications on the side panel...googled for a while but no solution (SFC report all fine)...let's...format again :mad:

Tried the update a few times today but no luck, quits around 33% loaded and quickly goes to recover previous setup with no explanation on what was wrong or error code. I was prompted by windows update to try new system and all previous updates were done including scanning with MalWareBytes for any issues.
Probably will have to do clean install.