Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought Gskill Flare X

Goons1981
Level 7
Thinking this will help me with my ram issues. Running bios 1001

F4-3200C14D-16GFX

Set it to standard and no boot with 3200mhz. Upped the voltage to soc voltage to 1.8 and still no boot. What am i doing wrong? I have gone through almost 5 sets of ram with this 1700 cpu already.
4 REPLIES 4

MNMadman
Level 8
If by standard you mean DOCP Standard, it's possible that the memory controller doesn't like the timings that are programmed on the RAM. If possible try doing the RAM speed and timings manually. It's also possible that you might have to settle for 2933 or so for RAM speed, at least until the big update from AMD to the board manufacturers coming in May. That update focuses on overclocking RAM.

Try this:
SoC should have a maximum of 1.2v or so, but try around 0.95v to 1.0v to start.
Set DRAM voltage to 1.35v. Might have to go as high as 1.425v.
Set DRAM Boot (bottom setting in Digi+ menu) to the same voltage as DRAM voltage.

MNMadman wrote:
If by standard you mean DOCP Standard, it's possible that the memory controller doesn't like the timings that are programmed on the RAM. If possible try doing the RAM speed and timings manually. It's also possible that you might have to settle for 2933 or so for RAM speed, at least until the big update from AMD to the board manufacturers coming in May. That update focuses on overclocking RAM.

Try this:
SoC should have a maximum of 1.2v or so, but try around 0.95v to 1.0v to start.
Set DRAM voltage to 1.35v. Might have to go as high as 1.425v.
Set DRAM Boot (bottom setting in Digi+ menu) to the same voltage as DRAM voltage.

Hi thank you for your response. This experience with Ryzen has been so frustrating in regards to ram. Normally it would not be a issue , but ryzen is so dependent on fast ram. I tried all those tips and nothing works. I know some people here have had success with the exact same ram with nothing more than just settings the xmp on and or settings the timings 14 14 14 14 34 and voltage 1.35 (i have even tried 1.425 and the boot dram value as well)

Is it my CPU? Is that possible? Maybe this 1700 CPU is a dud and cannot support 3200mhz OC?I would like to point out that on the ram stick that i recently returned it was rated at 4000mhz and i as able to boot with 3600mhz ram but with BCLK overclock and i did not like how it was not 100% stable under Aida 64 and it downgraded my M2 drive and GPU.

I would like to hear more input and it would suck if i have to wait for May to get this resolved. Would switching to the 2t bios work?

Goons1981 wrote:
Hi thank you for your response. This experience with Ryzen has been so frustrating in regards to ram. Normally it would not be a issue , but ryzen is so dependent on fast ram. I tried all those tips and nothing works. I know some people here have had success with the exact same ram with nothing more than just settings the xmp on and or settings the timings 14 14 14 14 34 and voltage 1.35 (i have even tried 1.425 and the boot dram value as well)

Is it my CPU? Is that possible? Maybe this 1700 CPU is a dud and cannot support 3200mhz OC?I would like to point out that on the ram stick that i recently returned it was rated at 4000mhz and i as able to boot with 3600mhz ram but with BCLK overclock and i did not like how it was not 100% stable under Aida 64 and it downgraded my M2 drive and GPU.

I would like to hear more input and it would suck if i have to wait for May to get this resolved. Would switching to the 2t bios work?

Can confirm here.

My old 1700 just wouldn't do 3200 consistently, like once in a blue moon, and only at very high vboot voltages. Windows reboots didn't work at all.

This new 1700 hits 3200 9 out 10 boots and on that one it only reboots once and still hits 3200. Including Windows reboots.

My issue was 100% CPU as I've not changed anything else.

aeonconcepts
Level 7
Ram Voltage: Use the recommended timings and 1.35-1.36 volt for both Ram Voltage And vboot. I cannot comment on Bclk overclocks and the stability there, but setting the ram voltage manually to 1.35 will do the trick for any standard frequency or overclock up to a 41.25 ratio. CPU Validation for more info: http://valid.x86.fr/s04nxl As a side note soc voltage is good up to 1.2 so setting that manually may help as well, but don't exceed 1.2v

If you are still having issues pull the ram and use the other slots, or re-seat them. I've had no issues with these sticks from 1001-0083 Bios revisions; running at 3200