cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can asus exchange my GL702VS laptop, CPU running 98C when under load

deathdefier
Level 7
I bought an Asus GL702VS from best buy on 4/4/17. I work offshore and wont be back for another 3 weeks which is past best buys return policy and I want to return the laptop possibly for a laptop with better cooling. My CPU is running 98C when under load and thermal throttling is kicking in. I find this 100% unacceptable and with research have found that this is a design flaw in the cooling system. Intel states that the CPU should stay less that 80Celcius. Asus must know that this is an issue but have they offered a solution, or can I trade my laptop directly with Asus in order to get a ROG G752VS which from what I read is designed better to remain cool.
5 REPLIES 5

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes a little research before buying a Gaming notebook is required. I think you had 30 days to return to Best Buy. I would contact them explain you situation that you need to return the notebook but are stuck offshore. Not sure what Offshore means to you but if it same as for me it means out in the GOM or Overseas. but is your from the Gulf Coast most Best Buy managers understand what offshore means too. You might get one of the managers to accept the return late with prior notice.
I think you can RMA it to Asus Repair and they should be able to get your temps down or replace with the same notebook.

If you can't get best buy to work with you. You'll have to deal with Asus Repair and if you do I would contact PM cl-albert and or Bahz. CL = Customer Loyalty both are Asus Employees and can help with getting a successful repair the first time with Asus Repair? Further posting should be in the GL Sub Forum this is the G Sub forum different notebooks altogether.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Ancients
Level 10
The most ASUS will generally do is offer to RMA the unit, and refunds will probably need to be done through Best Buy. Can you contact Best Buy and ship it from overseas to ensure your refund? As long as it is post marked before the cut off for their returns you should be fine.

Ancients wrote:
The most ASUS will generally do is offer to RMA the unit, and refunds will probably need to be done through Best Buy. Can you contact Best Buy and ship it from overseas to ensure your refund? As long as it is post marked before the cut off for their returns you should be fine.

thanks, I found someone who has the solution to the oveheating is turn down the voltage to the CPU. *It is a design flaw and this is the only fix. *It is now running sub 86celcius under load which is way better than 98celcius. *I am going to keep the laptop after I found this solution. *By offshore I mean stuck on a boat in the ICWW with not ability to mail anything. *I had to lower voltage by -.125v.*

Yes you need to be more specific on your model when posting here there are a number of different G752, The G752VX OC is a model alone no others come with the OC and you have found the answer that is to remove the OC there is a thread on here about it somewhere.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Armesis
Level 10
If you can, refund it and buy an MSI instead.