CPU CoolerCorsair H105, H110 and H115i
    CaseCorsair 750D and 780T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX-1200i and Antec 850 pro platinum
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Razer Mamba
    Headset Corsair Vengeance 2100
    OS W7 Ultimate 64bit and W10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetcom Wireless NF18ACV

New Parameters Functions and Values for the enthusiastic.
    Memory clocks Added dividers for memory clocks up to DDR4-4000 without refclk adjustment. Please note that values greater than DDR4-2667 is overclocking. Your mileage may vary 133.33MT/s intervals (2667, 2933, 3067, 3200, 3333, 3466, 3600, 3733, 3866, 4000)

Command rate (CR) The amount of time, in cycles, between when a DRAM chip is selected and a command is executed. 2T CR can be very beneficial for stability with high memory clocks, or for 4-DIMM configurations. 2T, 1T

ProcODT (CPU on-die termination) A resistance value, in ohms, that determines how a completed memory signal is terminated. Higher values can help stabilize higher data rates. Values in the range of 60-96 can prove helpful. Integer values (ohms)
    tWCL/tWL/tCWL CAS Write Latency, or the amount of time it takes to write to the open memory bank. WCL is generally configured equal to CAS or CAS-1. This can be a significant timing for stability, and lower values often prove better. Integer values (cycles)
    tRC Row cycle time, or the number of clock cycles required for a memory row to complete a full operational cycle. Lower values can notably improve performance, but should not be set lower than tRP+tRAS for stability reasons. Integer values (cycles)
    tFAW Four activation window, or the time that must elapse before new memory banks can be activated after four ACTIVATE commands have been issued. Configured to a minumum 4x tRRD_S, but values >8x tRRD_S are often used for stability. Integer values (ns)
    tWR Write recovery time, or the time that must elapse between a valid write operation and the precharging of another bank. Higher values are often beneficial for stability, and values < 8 can quickly corrupt data stored in RAM. Integer values (ns)
    CLDO_VDDP Voltage for the DDR4 PHY on the SoC. Somewhat counterintuitively, lowering VDDP can often be more beneficial for stability than raising CLDO_VDDP. Advanced overclockers should also know that altering CLDO_VDDP can move or resolve memory holes. Small changes to VDDP can have a big effect, and VDDP cannot not be set to a value greater than VDIMM-0.1V (not to exceed 1.05V). A cold reboot is required if you alter this voltage.

Sidenote: pre-1.0.0.6 BIOSes may also have an entry labeled “VDDP” that alters the external voltage level sent to the CPU VDDP pins. This is not the same parameter as CLDO_VDDP in AGESA 1.0.0.6.
    Integer values (V)
    tRDWR / tWRRD Read-to-write and write-to-read latency, or the time that must elapse between issuing sequential read/write or write/read commands. Integer values (cycles)
    tRDRD / tWRWR Read-to-read and write-to-write latency, or the time between sequential read or write requests (e.g. DIMM-to-DIMM, or across ranks). Lower values can significantly improve DRAM throughput, but high memory clocks often demand relaxed timings. Integer values (cycles)
    Geardown Mode Allows the DRAM device to run off its internally-generated ½ rate clock for latching on the command or address buses. ON is the default for speeds greater than DDR4-2667, however the benefit of ON vs. OFF will vary from memory kit to memory kit. Enabling Geardown Mode will override your current command rate. On/Off
    Rtt Controls the performance of DRAM internal termination resistors during nominal, write, and park states. Nom(inal), WR(ite), and Park integers (ohms)
    tMAW Maximum activation window, or the maximum number of times a DRAM row can be activated before adjacent memory rows must be refreshed to preserve data. Integer values (cycles)
    tMAC Maximum activate count, or the number of times a row is activated by the system before adjacent row refresh. Must be equal to or less than tMAW. Integer values (cycles)
    tRFC Refresh cycle time, or the time it takes for the memory to read and re-write information to the same DRAM cell for the purposes of preserving information. This is typically a timing automatically derived from other values. Integer values (cycles)
    tRFC2 Refresh cycle time for double frequency (2x) mode. This is typically a timing automatically derived from other values. Integer values (cycles)
    tRFC4 Refresh cycle time for quad frequency (4x) mode. This is typically a timing automatically derived from other values. Integer values (cycles)
    tRRD_S Activate to activate delay (short), or the number of clock cycles between activate commands in a different bank group. Integer values (cycles)
    tRRD_L Activate to activate delay (long), or the number of clock cycles between activate commands in the same bank group. Integer values (cycles)
    tWR Write recovery time, or the time that must elapse between a valid write operation and the precharging of another bank. Higher values are often better for stability. Integer values (ns)
    tWTR_S Write to read delay (short), or the time between a write transaction and read command on a different bank group. Integer values (cycles)
    tWTR_L Write to read delay (long), or the time between a write transaction and read command on the same bank group. Integer values (cycles)
    tRTP Read to precharge time, or the number of clock cycles between a READ command to a row and a precharge command to the same rank. Integer values (cycles)
    DRAM Power Down Can modestly save system power, at the expense of higher DRAM latency, by putting DRAM into a quiescent state after a period of inactivity. On/Off

Courtesy from AMD.
    We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
    CPU:
    AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

New ROGer Array

Cool SURPRISED THAT THERE ARE NO NEW UPDATES SINCE AGESA code to 1.0.0.6 RELEASE???

I'm a bit curious as to why there has been no response since the AGESA Code 1.0.0.6 -1403 update release.
    I was at least expecting to see some excited and hopeful responses looking forward related to this.

I plan on buying the ROG HERO VI for my next build, but I have been waiting to see how these bios and microcode updates turn out.
    I have been a little disappointed that so far we are limited to an O\C of 4.1 GHz to date and was really hoping to be able to breach 5GHz barrier using my Corsair 115i AIO watercooler rig with the 1700X & 1800 X processors
    I have also been patient and putting it off due to my previous experience with my current ASUS M5A99FX PRO Rev 2.0. and partially expecting that this new ROG Hero VI might also get a REV. 2.0 that might include DDR5 memory(a guy can wish)

My hope was born out of the fact that with my current AMD FX8370\ASUS M5A99FX PRO Rev. 2.0 build with above mentioned AIO unit(280mm rad), I have been easily surpassing stable gaming O\C of 5.1GHz @ 54C\20C ambient, and there is a lot of headroom left to spare. I suspect that if I put in the time and continue tweaking this rig, that I might actually be able to surpass 5.5GHz(in winter ambient temps of 20C) with little trouble since my ASUS mobo has been so solid and reliable. (from everything I have read, the M5A99FX PRO has all the equivalent components and tuning capability sans the cosmetics of the more expensive ROG AM3+ mobo's. And I now believe it thoroughly.) In fact. I have been so impressed with this Mobo that even after I build my RYZEN rig, I will not retire my current system. Instead I will repurpose it to becoming my Entertainment\Streaming\Torrenting System & Secondary Gaming rig for the living room.

I just wanted to break the silence here since I just joined and I am looking forward to see how thing develop with the latest BIOS & microcode updates using the top speed Ram(4000mhz) and hoping that we will start seeing the artificially limited 4.1ghz O\C surpassed before too long.

P.S.>>> Hey ASUS!!! Any news on a possible REV. 2.0 Hero VI with possible DDR5 ram and higher ram clocks? Just Saying!

Keep up the great products ASUS! and to the rest of you ROG's!!! Keep the tweak news coming.... I can't wait to join in on the fun myself.

Cheers Louie!

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MeanMachine PC Specs
    MeanMachine PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)I enjoy my wife
    MotherboardCVI HERO + CVII Hero Wifi
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800X + 2700X
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3000C15 + F4-3200C14D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX980 SC for CVFZ
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GTX 1080 hybrid
    Graphics Card #3GTX 770 for phys x
    Sound CardMB
    MonitorHP w2408h
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 840EVO 500GB and 960 M.2 pro
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Razer Mamba

Hi Louie, Welcome to ROG and thanks for your contribution.

My observations as far as RAM is concerned leaves little doubt that AGESA Code 1.0.0.6 -1403 update release (whilst beneficial to some) still has a long way to go even with over 26 new RAM parameters to play with. I'm waiting for some positive results from testers and so far some are negative. It is early days yet as 1403 official is only 10days old.

My most stable configuration is still with Bios 1002 and a reluctance to update to 1403. A reluctance on the premise that if your stable at your current OC then why change and I certainly have the best rig performance wise that I have had to date.
    I don't have the resources to keep trying different RAM types and speeds so I'm happy for the time with what I have. It seems that depending on the RAM and CPU combo, this platform yields different results RAM and MB wise and still requires manual Tweaking of DRAM Timing Control and Voltage.

All that I have read and tested leads me to believe that 5.0GHz on the 1800X is unachievable even with a H115i which I am using. Best I can achieve is a 4.35GHz OC with the 1800X and required 1.52V on the core which pushed my temps past 80C and so, was not 100% stable. At 4.1GHz, I am stable with Vcore at 1.375V and temperatures are good, performance is still great and a significant improvement compared to my FX-9590 at 5.2GHz. Higher CPU frequency does not always equate to better performance however higher frequency DDR4 RAM does have more significant performance gains on the AM4 platform.

DDR5 Motherboards, I doubt you will see within the next 4-5years and a MB CVI Hero revision/upgrade won't be anytime soon.
    Last edited by MeanMachine; 07-17-2017 at 05:08 AM.

My System Specs:

CPU:

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

My best on the 1800x is a rock solid stable 4Ghz cpu with 64GB 3200Mhz DDR4 ram speeds using the 1403 bios.

Temperatures at idle are around 37C and under full load, the cpu hits around 62C. PCH hovers around 50C.

That's with cpu frequency scaling disabled, and 78F ambient. No memory or cpu errors after hours of memtest and kernel compilations. 3 min flat for my 4.12 kernel! Easily 2 min faster than my 8350 was building 4.x kernels. It's a compiling beast.

I just wish amd had managed to get quad channel ddr support in. But at least the Bios finally lets me hit 3200mhz on the ram without erroring out eventually. Albeit, in 2T mode ...but meh.

MeanMachine PC Specs
    Sound CardMB
    MonitorHP w2408h
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Razer Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ender View Post
    My best on the 1800x is a rock solid stable 4Ghz cpu with 64GB 3200Mhz DDR4 ram speeds using the 1403 bios.

Temperatures at idle are around 37C and under full load, the cpu hits around 62C. PCH hovers around 50C.

That's with cpu frequency scaling disabled, and 78F ambient. No memory or cpu errors after hours of memtest and kernel compilations. 3 min flat for my 4.12 kernel! Easily 2 min faster than my 8350 was building 4.x kernels. It's a compiling beast.

I just wish amd had managed to get quad channel ddr support in. But at least the Bios finally lets me hit 3200mhz on the ram without erroring out eventually. Albeit, in 2T mode ...but meh.
    For the tenacious, good results such as yours are starting to yield excellent performance results. For the uninitiated who have plunged into the AM4 platform, It's been a nightmare and frustration for some. It is not an easy task to get this platform stable from Cold Boot to Windows desktop without knowing your Bios extensively.

1403 should now address DRAM SPD settings without having to manually key in Timing Control and play around with Voltages. Does it.?
    Is the 1403 Bios such an improvement and does it eliminate that cold boot bug and allow for fast RAM at 4000MHz.?

My system is hardly ever shut down now and pops out of sleep mode without problem. I have a Cold Boot issue only occasionally where my RAM defaults back and RAM saved settings are lost. My current config for my System, PC, and Windows 10 testing tells me I'm 24/7 stable. Only on the odd occasion have I had to Cold Boot and when I have to re-establish the saved profile.
    I have a profile saved that is now my Winter profile. Ambient temps here are now approx 15-26C and under load my temps top out to 65-72C. As we progress toward Summer I will see if the H115i keeps doing it's job.
    This AM4 platform for me is pretty much conclusive in terms of Performance and what I and many others are enjoying. It's not there yet in terms of optimization for Plug and Play wanabies, but comprehensive enough for those who like to Tweak. I can't help it OMG it's so addictive. lol

I have pulled myself away from further Bios Tweaks for now and being a bit more productive with my CAD systems. Rendering performance is a major gain with the 1800X compared to my other 8Core CPU. Gaming is superb with what I play so i'm happy atm and Multitasking is well beyond what I can do.
    For now I have pushed my 1800X as far as I want to go with my OC. I know Ivé been lucky, no hardware failures and I got a good chip and MB.

Vivre Ryzen 7

My System Specs:

CPU:

I still have to manually set tons of things in the bios. Albeit, not the timings. I did have to set ProcODT to 60ohm, leaving it on auto results in errors. Also, i can only do 1T up to about 2933 (or around there) Mhz. Above that and I have to set it to 2T or it errors out. I have to manually set the cpu load line and such settings (since i'm OC'ing the cpu). Leaving that alone will result in cpu errors when you throttle all 16 cpu threads.

I haven't tried the "auto Overclock" features of the bios though. I've gone through the process of pushing the cpu and memory to where it ought to be so many times that it's just faster to do things manually than play with the other features that didn't really work when the board was released.

You can see the downside to not having quad channel when looking at similar intel systems being benchmarked. Certain phoronix tests will show the power of the amd setup but then you'll instantly see the massive benefits quad channel offers.

Very odd quad channel support was left out. Guess there's a good reason.

MeanMachine PC Specs
    Sound CardMB
    MonitorHP w2408h
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Razer Mamba

I personally can't justify any benefits of Quad channel. What downside is there to not having Quad, really.?

I would say that leaving out Quad channel on the AM4 MBs would be a commercial decision by AMD to be and remain competitive. Quad channel adds to the MB cost, does not significantly provide better performance and generally more expensive for the Quad kit.

The question is, Do you really need Quad.? Is this for consumer/commercial use ? and only certain apps can take advantage of Quad architecture.
    I understand that Threadripper MBs will have Quad channel however at again extra cost. still, I think Ryzen 7 will be more an affordable BETTER BANK FOR BUCK solution for most enthusiasts and makes commercial sense for AMD to have planned it that way.
    Last edited by MeanMachine; 07-21-2017 at 01:53 AM.

My System Specs:

CPU:

Here you can see the difference between dual channel and quad
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ll-e-mem&num=2

Yea benchmarks are synthetic tests ...but these numbers aren't even remotely close. Seems roughly 30%-50% faster (more throughput).

This is something that is highly important for anything that is memory bound that deals with large amounts data. Compiling, simulations, video processing. Even games should notice a benefit if they're texture heavy since all that texture data needs to be pushed to ram before getting pushed to the gpu.

I need to re-run that benchmark since finalizing my settings but the last time i ran it, my system wasn't even close to the numbers of the quad channel configurations until you got down into the low 2Ghz speeds. And my ram was at 3200mhz. I'll run it again though to be sure.

EDIT: so i re-ran the test. on the ramspeed smp tests my system is besting the quad channel setups, just barely over their top performing system. Once the stream tests start though, that's where quad channel abilities are exposed. My results dive down to between quad channel 1866 and 2133. So roughly performing the same as ram that's over 1Ghz slower.
    Last edited by Darth Ender; 07-21-2017 at 03:44 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array unexpectedat1440p PC Specs
    unexpectedat1440p PC Specs
    Motherboardasus h67 ,asus h97,asus x370 strix
    Processori5 2500,i5 4590,ryzen r7 1700x
    Memory (part number)corsair 16gb ddr4 3000mhz ,16gb corsair 1600mhz ddr3,elexier 16gb 1333mhz ddr3
    Graphics Card #1gtx 980ti hybrid mod/aio
    Monitordell 1440p 144hz ,asus 27 1080p
    Storage #1850pro 128gb,500gb new 750evo,crucial 230gb
    Storage #2wd 2tb green
    CPU Coolerarctic liquid freezer 240,be quiet shadowrock 2,scythe mugen3
    Casecorsair 400r,bitfenix midi,corsair 750d
    Power Supplycorsair 550w,seasonic 650w,enermax 625w
    Keyboard corsair k70 mx red switches
    Mouse razer deathadder chroma
    Headset sennheiser 598se
    Mouse Pad steelseries a 400mmx380mm
    Headset/Speakers canton,svs,dali,magnat
    OS win 10 home 64bit

Are you happy with the mainboard? did you get right out the box temperature readings?

nice build there , I have a 1700x and a asus strix x370 I don't get temperature readings even after bios update and windows fresh install ,amd driver installation etc, does someone know when the mainboards usally get bios updates or if you have to do something special with the amd am4 boards ;P ?

MeanMachine PC Specs
    Sound CardMB
    MonitorHP w2408h
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Razer Mamba

Hi unexpectedat1440p and Welcome Yes i'm happy with my build till now.

If you are asking my opinion of the 1700X and Strix x370 then I can't really comment as my impressions would ofc differ. Your system is different.
    For my CPU and MB combo (CVIH and 1800X) I am very happy with initial results and my MB is solid and AURA works fine.

With respect to CPU Temperature readings then, yes I got temperature readings which were incorrect and varied in Windows Apps.
    AMD advised of this and explained this temperature difference. A 20C offset on the die which was correct and read true. Comparing a number of Windows temperature Apps i found some variables and the monitors I use are now updated to read true. Temperatures were also verified with my temperature probe and later corresponded to HWInfo Monitor revision.

To be honest Temps were all over the joint at first with the original Bios. Each Bios update has been a necessary improvement and hopefully better updates to come when AMD make for full advantage of AGESA. But little headroom left above 4.2GHz for CPU OC. Bios from ASUS support is ongoing so far as RAM and platform stability is concerned.

Being one of the earlier adopters, I anticipated issues with AM4. Initial Bios was buggy and required some manual optimization to stabilize my OCs. Many Beta versions later and we have improvement but not there yet.

My System Specs:

CPU:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast