cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIDA64 CPU diode temp and the 20C offset

Theagg
Level 7
I have read that the latest build of AIDA64 has 'fixed' the CPU offset temp, so now reads correctly, taking the 20C offset into account

I'm using the trial version which has the same build number as the fixed version yet my CPU Diode (and CP{U) temp, still reads identical to the temp in bios (which supposedly hasn't been fixed as of 1002, or am I wrong on that?). And reads the same as older software I have hanging around on my system, eg old versions of CPU-ID and HWinfo.

Which is correct then ? Has the bios (v1002) actually been fixed to read the temp correctly along with AIDA64. Or is something still amiss.

For the record, at a 4ghz OC, idle temp on CPUdiode reads 52-54C (Cooler Swiftech H220x)
15 REPLIES 15

MrPhil17
Level 7
This thing is giving me a really huge headache because, like you, i can't understand if temps are real or with offset. Why AMD?!*¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MrPhil17 wrote:
This thing is giving me a really huge headache because, like you, i can't understand if temps are real or with offset. Why AMD?!*¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yup, I'm still perplexed, @4Ghz, checked again, idle around 54C, under load 80-85C (Cinebench) as far as AIDA64's CPU Diode reading indicates. (The version that has supposedly been 'fixed' to reflect the 20C offset),

Bios temp readings more or less match AIDA's

Confused..

Is my cooler malfunctioning badly (not easy to check at the moment), has the bios 20C offset been fixed, is AIDA's 20C offset fix not actually working...is 85C actually about the temp you should expect for a 4Ghz OC when running Cinebench, I don't know

MrPhil17 wrote:

AMD have put out a statement saying the primary temperature reporting from a sensor called “T Control,” or tCTL for short.
The tCTL sensor is derived from the junction (Tj) temperature—the interface point between the die and heatspreader—but it may be offset on certain CPU models so that all models on the AM4 Platform have the same maximum tCTL value to ensure they have a consistent fan policy.
AMD also say they are confident software will soon adjust automatically for this offset and report the true temperature when required.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
AMD have put out a statement saying the primary temperature reporting from a sensor called “T Control,” or tCTL for short.
The tCTL sensor is derived from the junction (Tj) temperature—the interface point between the die and heatspreader—but it may be offset on certain CPU models so that all models on the AM4 Platform have the same maximum tCTL value to ensure they have a consistent fan policy.
AMD also say they are confident software will soon adjust automatically for this offset and report the true temperature when required.

This is what I have heard.

So I assume from this that the bios temp reading is still offset by 20C. So if my bios says 64C, it's actually 44C. No bios version yet (1002 included) has corrected this ?

But AIDA claims to have corrected for this offset in their latest software version, yet AIDA's CPU diode temp matches the bios temp on my system and reads awfully hot under load. So have they really ?!.

Having just downloaded the latest version of HWINFO64, I think I will go withe the Tdie temp reading in that, which is a much better 27 - 30C.

You need to make sure you are using the latest beta of aida64. That includes the offset.

My 1800x now reports with CPU temp matching BIOS and diode around 20deg lower.

Theagg wrote:
This is what I have heard.

So I assume from this that the bios temp reading is still offset by 20C. So if my bios says 64C, it's actually 44C. No bios version yet (1002 included) has corrected this ?

But AIDA claims to have corrected for this offset in their latest software version, yet AIDA's CPU diode temp matches the bios temp on my system and reads awfully hot under load. So have they really ?!.

Just updated AIDA64 and temps are now reading correct. So are readings in HWMonitor.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Just updated AIDA64 and temps are now reading correct. So are readings in HWMonitor.

Still odd then, as I don't feel AIDA64's reported temps on my system are correct. (54C idle, 85C under load)

Anyway, heres the list of temps, light load (~7% CPU usage) from separate software (all latest versions), so which is right

AIDA64 CPU 63C CPU Diode 59C

HWINFO64 Tctl 59C Tdie 39C

HWMonitor TMPIN0 62C TMPIN1 27C TMPIN2 34C

BIOS 1002 Upon reboot from above, 60C

Theagg wrote:
Still odd then, as I don't feel AIDA64's reported temps on my system are correct. (54C idle, 85C under load)

Anyway, heres the list of temps, light load (~7% CPU usage) from separate software (all latest versions), so which is right

AIDA64 CPU 63C CPU Diode 59C

HWINFO64 Tctl 59C Tdie 39C

HWMonitor TMPIN0 62C TMPIN1 27C TMPIN2 34C

BIOS 1002 Upon reboot from above, 60C

Are you on the trial version of AIDA64.? I have the pro version and it allowed me to update.
CPUid HWMonitor was TMPINO was 65C now 45C. TMPIN1 is 27C as is TMPIN2.
My Bios is 1002 and reads 56C so no change there for me.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]