cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with diagonal screen tearing on my gl753ve in Minecraft, solved?

iwantspeed
Level 8
Hello all and thanks for reading this. My setup is an Asus GL753VE. My issue is whenever i try to play java based games (I.E. Minecraft) i get really annoying diagonal screen tearing ( Upper left to lower right). It's only affecting minecraft, garry's mod and shellshock live are fine though. I've updated my nvidia gtx 1050 ti's driver to version 378.92 and ive attempted to update my intel graphics driver but it says "Couldnt validate the driver for this system" even with the driver from intel themselves. Once again my issue is diagonal screen tearing, any help is appreciated!
8 REPLIES 8

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Hi iwantspeed

Does enabling v-sync get rid of the tearing ?

No it does not sadly.

Nate152

iwantspeed
Level 8
Sadly the issue still persists even though this laptop is less than a week old

Nate152

iwantspeed
Level 8
After trying many different things and reading the whole thread that was linked all it took was to update to windows 10 creators update. I'm guessing it was how windows 10 operates with an intergrated gpu with a dedicated gpu.

iwantspeed wrote:
After trying many different things and reading the whole thread that was linked all it took was to update to windows 10 creators update. I'm guessing it was how windows 10 operates with an intergrated gpu with a dedicated gpu.

You actually fixed it? i still have the issue, ive been looking everywhere for a fix, even sent in my laptop 3 times but they told me no errors were found! could you send me the link to the windows 10 creator update? i would love to be rid of this issue, thanks!

Nate152
Awesome !

I'm glad to see you found the fix, I'm sure alot of people would like to know this.

Rep points awarded. 🙂