Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    144
    Posts
    3,858

    Quote Originally Posted by chevell65 View Post
    The only bug with AI Suite was the fact that we were stuck using outdated Intel MEI drivers which did not work with the AI Suite.

    There is no real reason to uninstall AI Suite at all because it works perfectly. In fact the fan control in AI Suite can't be matched by the bios fan control, not even close IMO.
    I have to completely disagree with you.
    First order of business support software should be written around the hardware and drivers, not the other way.
    Secondly Just what do you think AI suite is? Its just another interface that reads and writes to the BIOS via MOBO connect.

    The fan control of AI suite is the least of the worries. Thats easy enough to take care of. Its the other options that are the problem. Personally I have an issue with anything that makes writes to the BIOS rom while the machine is posted to OS and running.

    Ive tried AI suite for fan control and it was mediocre at best. You could get it do run curves then crap yourself when out of nowhere all your fans go to 100% for no reason at all, curves are still present, then shut down and restart AI suite and its back to normal again.

    This is the least of my worries with AI suite. Its the other more involved things like CPU settings that are a huge problem and bricked a M8E. I gave it another try on a new build and kept getting BSODs and lock up caused 100% but one of the components of the installation and had precisely nothing to do with MEI.

    There are far better ways to control fans, pumps etc. Personally I went with aquaero and will never look back. Thats not the only choice though. Lots of controllers out there that are actually reliable, wont brick your machine, and wont flake out on you.

    Given the choice of AI Suite or BIOS, use the BIOS as its whats doing it anyhow. All AI suite is doing is using a software driven interface to modify the exact same parameters in the exact same registers in the BIOS rom.

  2. #12
    New ROGer Array brbi76 PC Specs
    brbi76 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus IX HERO Z270
    ProcessorIntel Core I7 7700K
    Memory (part number)2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance Led 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1070 O8G
    MonitorAOC Agon AG241QG
    Storage #1SSD 850 EVO 250GB
    Storage #21T western digital Blue
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S
    CaseCOOLTEK W2 Black glass
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
    Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB
    Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z533
    OS W10 PRO
    brbi76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    On my IX HERO I was using until recently the fan management through bios though little versatile. After trying several software like AiSuite, Speedfan, etc. I finally found something reliable. Argus Monitor. You can set the courve of each fan connectors, even with combined sources, CPU / GPU, CPU / Socket, thermal sensor .... Really well done.

  3. #13
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chevell65 PC Specs
    chevell65 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-H, ROG Maximus VII Z97
    ProcessorIntel 4790K 4.6GHz, Intel i5 8400, Intel e8600 Wolfdale, Intel Q9650 Yorkfield, Intel E6750 Conroe
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill PC3600
    Graphics Card #1GTX 660 OC
    MonitorAsus 23"
    CaseCorsair clear case
    Power SupplyThermaltake
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Logitech G9
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterDLink DIR-655, Asus AC88
    chevell65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Reputation
    56
    Posts
    366

    Quote Originally Posted by dlerium View Post
    Do you have to start AI Suite each time you boot into Windows for the profile to apply?
    AI Suite is set up to start with Windows.

  4. #14
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chevell65 PC Specs
    chevell65 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-H, ROG Maximus VII Z97
    ProcessorIntel 4790K 4.6GHz, Intel i5 8400, Intel e8600 Wolfdale, Intel Q9650 Yorkfield, Intel E6750 Conroe
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill PC3600
    Graphics Card #1GTX 660 OC
    MonitorAsus 23"
    CaseCorsair clear case
    Power SupplyThermaltake
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Logitech G9
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterDLink DIR-655, Asus AC88
    chevell65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Reputation
    56
    Posts
    366

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    I have to completely disagree with you.
    First order of business support software should be written around the hardware and drivers, not the other way.
    Secondly Just what do you think AI suite is? Its just another interface that reads and writes to the BIOS via MOBO connect.

    The fan control of AI suite is the least of the worries. Thats easy enough to take care of. Its the other options that are the problem. Personally I have an issue with anything that makes writes to the BIOS rom while the machine is posted to OS and running.

    Ive tried AI suite for fan control and it was mediocre at best. You could get it do run curves then crap yourself when out of nowhere all your fans go to 100% for no reason at all, curves are still present, then shut down and restart AI suite and its back to normal again.

    This is the least of my worries with AI suite. Its the other more involved things like CPU settings that are a huge problem and bricked a M8E. I gave it another try on a new build and kept getting BSODs and lock up caused 100% but one of the components of the installation and had precisely nothing to do with MEI.

    There are far better ways to control fans, pumps etc. Personally I went with aquaero and will never look back. Thats not the only choice though. Lots of controllers out there that are actually reliable, wont brick your machine, and wont flake out on you.

    Given the choice of AI Suite or BIOS, use the BIOS as its whats doing it anyhow. All AI suite is doing is using a software driven interface to modify the exact same parameters in the exact same registers in the BIOS rom.
    The only issue I've ever had in the 3 years I've used AI Suite was because of the outdated MEI drivers that Asus mistakenly posted on their support site for my board.

    Those outdated MEI's caused crashes for me and many others but it would never crash while under load, only during long periods of non use with the usual Dipawaymode showing as the culprit. Completely fixed by updating the MEI drivers and not a single crash since.

    Besides that one issue the fan control works perfectly for me, no strange fan spin ups, goes right back to quiet idle after the load is removed. Solid 4.6GHz OC on my 4790K was tested with real bench proved to be solid. Never needed to mess with any other settings. All with a single push of a button.

    So you see for some it works perfectly fine while others might not have the same experience. Probably the level of overclocking as something to do with it.

    Pretty difficult to make iron clad comments about how horrible it is when many others like me for instance see no such problems.

  5. #15
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Amsterdam PC Specs
    Amsterdam PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus MAXIMUS IX HERO Z270
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-7700K @5.1Mhz
    Memory (part number)D416GB 3000-15 Vengeance LPX bk K2 COR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1070 Ti Turbo
    Monitoriiyama X4071UHSU 40" 4k
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 960 m.2 256GB
    Storage #2ADATA Premier Pro SP900, 256 GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series H115i
    CaseZalman Z9 NEO bk ATX
    Power SupplyCooler Master G750M
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Logitech G9X
    Mouse Pad Sharkoon
    Headset/Speakers Bose Compagnion 5
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 Netgear GS105GE Switch
    Accessory #2 Technicolor TC7210

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    79

    Quote Originally Posted by chevell65 View Post
    The only issue I've ever had in the 3 years I've used AI Suite was because of the outdated MEI drivers that Asus mistakenly posted on their support site for my board.

    Those outdated MEI's caused crashes for me and many others but it would never crash while under load, only during long periods of non use with the usual Dipawaymode showing as the culprit. Completely fixed by updating the MEI drivers and not a single crash since.

    Besides that one issue the fan control works perfectly for me, no strange fan spin ups, goes right back to quiet idle after the load is removed. Solid 4.6GHz OC on my 4790K was tested with real bench proved to be solid. Never needed to mess with any other settings. All with a single push of a button.

    So you see for some it works perfectly fine while others might not have the same experience. Probably the level of overclocking as something to do with it.

    Pretty difficult to make iron clad comments about how horrible it is when many others like me for instance see no such problems.
    A joker without any experience.

  6. #16
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    I have to completely disagree with you.
    First order of business support software should be written around the hardware and drivers, not the other way.
    Secondly Just what do you think AI suite is? Its just another interface that reads and writes to the BIOS via MOBO connect.

    The fan control of AI suite is the least of the worries. Thats easy enough to take care of. Its the other options that are the problem. Personally I have an issue with anything that makes writes to the BIOS rom while the machine is posted to OS and running.

    Ive tried AI suite for fan control and it was mediocre at best. You could get it do run curves then crap yourself when out of nowhere all your fans go to 100% for no reason at all, curves are still present, then shut down and restart AI suite and its back to normal again.

    This is the least of my worries with AI suite. Its the other more involved things like CPU settings that are a huge problem and bricked a M8E. I gave it another try on a new build and kept getting BSODs and lock up caused 100% but one of the components of the installation and had precisely nothing to do with MEI.

    There are far better ways to control fans, pumps etc. Personally I went with aquaero and will never look back. Thats not the only choice though. Lots of controllers out there that are actually reliable, wont brick your machine, and wont flake out on you.

    Given the choice of AI Suite or BIOS, use the BIOS as its whats doing it anyhow. All AI suite is doing is using a software driven interface to modify the exact same parameters in the exact same registers in the BIOS rom.
    Aisuite is definetly sh*t. Installed it on my Asus ROG Zenith Extreme and after that I got serious low speeds on my Samsung 950 Pro M.2 drive. I used Crystaldisk Mark 6.0. I then uninstalled the Aisuite and do you think that helped and returned my M.2 drive to its normal speed? No of course not. So I had to install Windows 10 from the ground up again and when it was done installing, the speeds were back to normal. I even have the proof for it, if somone want to se But yeah I am NOT a fan of Aisuite at all

  7. #17
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    I have same problem when i set the fan curve to 100% and my max rpm is 2000 it shows in bios 1600rpm only. how to fix this using maximus hero ix latest bios.

  8. #18
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    20

    I'm having problem with my Asus Software (AI Suite or whatever it is now I didn't check it to be honest). Got TUF Z370 Pro Gaming Motherboard.
    The cpu temp is jumping around like crazy I don't think this is accurately recording the temp. Its 35, next second is 45, then 29, quiet silly.
    The dual fan's speed on my coolermaster cpu has different RPMs, and I have no clue why yet. Both is the same (replaced the defaults) 120 Air Pressure coolermaster fans.
    And when I calibrated, it did set it up to be 100% is 2900RPMs, however when I try to raise it manually to 1800-1900 it speeds up, then goes down, then speeds up.
    It's doing something silly.

    TLR: How can I get rid of only fan speed control of AI Suite and only use speedfan? This is what I would like to do, because this Asus driver is terrible.

  9. #19
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Hi!

    What I liked about AI Suite 3 was how it was setting the fans automaticly.

    Are there other software that does the same thing?

    I reinstalled AI Suite, but then my old overclocking values were still left (even though I have changed in bios) - so I cant use it for the fan part either.

    Tried that auto set fan control in Bios, but the my fans started to run more!

    Define C chassi with standard two fans, and a Pure Rock cooler (but with fan from beneath, until I get at better mount from Be Quiet).

    Any suggestions? Running my Ryzen 5 1600 in 3700 mhz at the moment and have set my mems to 3000mhz (standard for the mems)

    Thanks!

  10. #20
    New ROGer Array batkinson001 PC Specs
    batkinson001 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/CRHhP6
    MotherboardAsus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming ATX
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 1600
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16D-16GVKB (G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Radeon RX 590 8 GB NITRO+ SE Video Card
    Monitor1 monitor 24"samsung, 1 40 inch LED TV, both HDMI
    Storage #1ADATA XPG SX8000 128 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
    Storage #2Western Digital Scorpio Blue 1 TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
    CPU CoolerStock
    CaseDeepcool MATREXX 70 ADD-RGB 3F ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power SupplyEVGA 600B 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    OS Windows 10 Home
    batkinson001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by happygraphix View Post
    Hi!

    What I liked about AI Suite 3 was how it was setting the fans automaticly.

    Are there other software that does the same thing?

    I reinstalled AI Suite, but then my old overclocking values were still left (even though I have changed in bios) - so I cant use it for the fan part either.

    Tried that auto set fan control in Bios, but the my fans started to run more!

    Define C chassi with standard two fans, and a Pure Rock cooler (but with fan from beneath, until I get at better mount from Be Quiet).

    Any suggestions? Running my Ryzen 5 1600 in 3700 mhz at the moment and have set my mems to 3000mhz (standard for the mems)

    Thanks!
    I recently reinstalled AI suite 3 and had this happen with my front fans (they are 3 fans plugged into a 4 port hub (3 black (all fans are plugged in here), 1 white (nearest the cable), if that means anything) that is connected to the fan connector on the motherboard) where ai suite 3 did not find them and they ran at full power until I removed ai suite 3 and rebooted. I have also noticed that the front fans do not show up in windows in CAM or AgaueEye system monitoring softwares, only the rear and cpu fans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •