cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Asus ROG user, question about audio quality and settings

Hobbes
Level 7
Hi, I just bought my first Asus laptop, a GL753, and I have a question I hope someone can help me with:

The sound has a...strange quality to it. I'm not the best when it comes to describing things of this nature, but the best I can say is that audio sounds not quite like a full literal echo, but like everyone is talking in a bathroom. I've compared the sound to other laptops and desktops I have access to, using the same sources and multiple pairs of headphones, and it is definitely different on this ASUS laptop.

I'm not someone who likes to fiddle around with settings or use equalization presets. Normally all I do is turn off any kind of equalization and I'm happy. Unfortunately, the only audio options I can find here is something called "Supreme FX". The equalization and "environment" options there are both set to "none", as they were right out of the box, and the "default format" is set to 24 Bits, 48000hz, which was it's default as well.

Is there a setting or program I'm missing? I just want the audio when I'm using this laptop to be of comparable quality to every other laptop/desktop I've used in the last decade.
0 REPLIES 0