cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Extreme + 1080Ti Poseidon question

NE0XY
Level 9
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting the ROG MAXIMUS IX EXTREME (Z270) and the 1080Ti Poseidon and I was wondering if the ports on the GPU block line-up with the ports on the motherboard?
I'm asking because on my current setup I don't have a "regular" waterblock and so the ports don't line up which kinda messes up the tube-routing.
If anyone knows the answer to this I would be grateful

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Raja
Level 13
Cant say for sure as I'd need both items here, but I am doubtful its a 100% match. With that in mind, for hardline tubing, I'd probably opt for a custom block anyway - just personal preference for how the build looks.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Cant say for sure as I'd need both items here, but I am doubtful its a 100% match. With that in mind, for hardline tubing, I'd probably opt for a custom block anyway - just personal preference for how the build looks.

Thank you for the response.

I have quite a large case (CaseLabs SMA8) so It'll look quite empty with just one card (I have SLI today) and "regular" waterblocks, especially EK's new 1 slot ones are quite thin/small so I prefer the beefier look of the Poseidon, plus the Aura effects would be dope too. It's a very neat looking card 😃
That together with the Extreme motherboard and the G.Skill TridentZ RGB RAM will be killer.

Basically it all depends on when the card will be available for purchase and how much difference in cooling the waterblock will have compared to say an EK block. If not too big difference and I'm getting the Poseidon and the Maximus Extreme 😃

Raja
Level 13
Yeah I use a desk build (Vector, so I know about space, heh). Im just a bit of a purist when it comes to what I deem to be extreme builds. Has to be unadulterated water cooling.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Yeah I use a desk build (Vector, so I know about space, heh). Im just a bit of a purist when it comes to what I deem to be extreme builds. Has to be unadulterated water cooling.

I love desk builds 😃

I generally agree, I just think the Poseidon looks so damn cool. And it has a waterblock so why not =P I'm just a tiny bit concerned that it doesn't have a jetplate (from what I can tell on the pictures) so I want to see how it affect its cooling capabilities so if there isn't much difference from a normal block I don't see why not.

Raja
Level 13
I understand. I prefer not having a whopping big pseudo air cooler and fans in my water cooling builds. Acrylic top with coolant running through it looks too damn good. Each to their own.