Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-OP View Post
    Hi BoutTime01,

The G752VT comes with GTX970m utilizing Nvidia Optimus Technology. According to the product page (https://www.asus.com/au/ROG-Republic...rs/ROG-G752VT/), its Thunderbol 3 has the link speed of up to 20Gbit/s. Hence yes, you will not get 100% of the performance of the XG STATION 2 on your notebook even if you made it working.

This platform is still quite young, which still requires a few tweaks from both Host (notebook/PAD/miniPC) and Client (XG-STATON 2 & GPU in it) to allow it to perform at its best. Unfortunately the suggested testing methods were not made available at the time of review, result in unexpected results in some cases.
    It's a shame this is already the case. However, we will do our best to serve you to make sure the user experience of our customers are at their best shape.

regards,
    Thanks for getting back to me. But my understanding is that this laptop does not use Nvidia Optimistic Technology because the Intel Integrated Graphics are actually permanently disabled in the Bios and this cannot be changed. Can you confirm?

Also with regards to the TB3 port, yes I've seen the support page you provided a link for, but there are also Asus support pages for the G752VY (not VT), and some say upto 20Gigbits/s and some say upto 40Gibbits/s. From what I can see the manual for my G752VT does not mention the data rate of the TB3 port at all.

So my question is.....Rather than relying on an old support page written when only passive cables were available that supported upto only 20Gigbits/s, Is there a way to look at Device Manager or something, obtain a model number of the TB3 port/controller and then see for sure what speeds are supported?
    Surely you have access to a more reliable source of information than the Asus Support Site?

Thanks again.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Moderator Array

Hi BoutTime01,

1. Sorry, it was my bad. You are correct. I have not realize G752VT is a G-SYNC model. If it is G-SYNC model, then it will not support Nvidia Optimus.

2. Ideally G752VY is not the same model as G752VT. The difference is beyond my knowledge as I do not work for the ASUS system product team. There are some host devices that utilizes the Intel Thunderbolt 3 controller as USB 3.1 GEN2 controller only. In those cases XG STATION 2 will not work with it. You will see an error message saying "This Type-C oort is only support USB feature." under Intel Thunderbolt 3 Settings if your notebook happened to be one of those.

3. Based on the info on the product page of G752VY, it should have Thunderbolt 3, just limited to GEN3x2. (https://www.asus.com/au/ROG-Republic...52VY/Features/)

4. You can check using third-party applications such as HWInfo64. It will tell you which Thunderbolt 3 controller you have in the notebook by checking through the PCIE link info.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutTime01 View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me. But my understanding is that this laptop does not use Nvidia Optimistic Technology because the Intel Integrated Graphics are actually permanently disabled in the Bios and this cannot be changed. Can you confirm?

Also with regards to the TB3 port, yes I've seen the support page you provided a link for, but there are also Asus support pages for the G752VY (not VT), and some say upto 20Gigbits/s and some say upto 40Gibbits/s. From what I can see the manual for my G752VT does not mention the data rate of the TB3 port at all.

So my question is.....Rather than relying on an old support page written when only passive cables were available that supported upto only 20Gigbits/s, Is there a way to look at Device Manager or something, obtain a model number of the TB3 port/controller and then see for sure what speeds are supported?
    Surely you have access to a more reliable source of information than the Asus Support Site?

Thanks again.

Hi BoutTime01,

1. Sorry, it was my bad. You are correct. I have not realize G752VT is a G-SYNC model. If it is G-SYNC model, then it will not support Nvidia Optimus.

2. Ideally G752VY is not the same model as G752VT. The difference is beyond my knowledge as I do not work for the ASUS system product team. There are some host devices that utilizes the Intel Thunderbolt 3 controller as USB 3.1 GEN2 controller only. In those cases XG STATION 2 will not work with it. You will see an error message saying "This Type-C oort is only support USB feature." under Intel Thunderbolt 3 Settings if your notebook happened to be one of those.

3. Based on the info on the product page of G752VY, it should have Thunderbolt 3, just limited to GEN3x2. (https://www.asus.com/au/ROG-Republic...52VY/Features/)

4. You can check using third-party applications such as HWInfo64. It will tell you which Thunderbolt 3 controller you have in the notebook by checking through the PCIE link info.
    Thanks again for getting back to me.

But with regards to the G752VY, this Asus site says 40 Gbits/s. So you can see why I don't see them as reliable sources of information.

https://www.asus.com/in/ROG-Republic...rs/ROG-G752VY/

Moderator Array

Hi BouTime01,

After checking with notebook team, the correct specification for the Thunderbolt 3 interface on the G752VY should be Alpine Ridge-DP, 4 channels, 40Gbits/s.
    The product pages with the incorrect info should be fixed shortly.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

regards,

Thanks again for getting back to me.

But with regards to the G752VY, this Asus site says 40 Gbits/s. So you can see why I don't see them as reliable sources of information.

https://www.asus.com/in/ROG-Republic...rs/ROG-G752VY/

Hi BouTime01,

After checking with notebook team, the correct specification for the Thunderbolt 3 interface on the G752VY should be Alpine Ridge-DP, 4 channels, 40Gbits/s.
    The product pages with the incorrect info should be fixed shortly.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

regards,
    Thanks. Mine has an Intel 1575 Controller but it doesn't show up on HWinfo, probably because there is nothing plugged into the Thunderbolt port. Can you ask the Notebook Team what the specification of my Thunderbolt Interface is on the G752VT? I'm trying to establish if the 20Gbits/s is a software limitation or a hardware limitation. The last firmware update was NVM 13 which is very old now.

Thanks again.

ROG Member Array

Hi again,

I installed the XG Station 2 hotplug tool and the issue has returned with the unit constantly disconnecting. I have uninstalled it but the issue remains.

Prior to installation the XG station did not remember it's Aura color settings after reboot. It remembers these settings after installing the hotplug tool. It still remembers the aura settings after removing the hotplug tool so there seems to be some kind of service running that is causing me issue.

Can you help me identify the issue please Asus?

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by desouk View Post
    Hi again,

I installed the XG Station 2 hotplug tool and the issue has returned with the unit constantly disconnecting. I have uninstalled it but the issue remains.

Prior to installation the XG station did not remember it's Aura color settings after reboot. It remembers these settings after installing the hotplug tool. It still remembers the aura settings after removing the hotplug tool so there seems to be some kind of service running that is causing me issue.

Can you help me identify the issue please Asus?
    Thanks for reporting this issue, I have already passed this over to our software team to look into this.

Thanks. Mine has an Intel 1575 Controller but it doesn't show up on HWinfo, probably because there is nothing plugged into the Thunderbolt port. Can you ask the Notebook Team what the specification of my Thunderbolt Interface is on the G752VT? I'm trying to establish if the 20Gbits/s is a software limitation or a hardware limitation. The last firmware update was NVM 13 which is very old now.

Thanks again.

Hello ASUS-OP can you help me with this?

Ex-employee Array

Hello ASUS-OP can you help me with this?

ASUS-OP is currently away from the office, I'll help you check with the software team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    ASUS-OP is currently away from the office, I'll help you check with the software team.
    Thanks Bahz. That's very helpful, cheers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast