cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer from ssd to m.2

Soggy_waflezz
Level 7
been waiting on the m.2 i ordered for a while now, i have everything on my sata ssd right now but when i get the m.2 i want to transfer the os and some other stuff i have to it and use the ssd pretty much for keeping my games on. question is how do i go about transfering from ssd to m.2?
10 REPLIES 10

JustinThyme
Level 13
There are several ways.
Which M2 did you get?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Chino
Level 15

i got a 960 evo, does samsung bundle a software?

Chino
Level 15

ill check it out, thanks

I just picked up an asus rog gl753vd-ds71 as well as a Crucial m.2 525Gb card and it does come with the Acronis True Image Software just don't know much about transferring the OS as i tried once on my desktop and kept getting an MBR error so i had to reinstall windows. i Just want to ask is there a way of backing up the os before i throw caution to the wind and try and hope it goes. i don't have an issue backing it up to dvd or another HD as i have more than enough hard drives. and did asus include a recovery backup to dvd as i couldn't find it

Korth
Level 14
Clonezilla does all these things and many more, lol. Completely opensource and always free.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

sk2play
Level 13
Mustang Driver, I would back up your DATA (media, documents, pictures, music, download apps, drivers, etc) with Windows 10 and perform a fresh install if the clone software doesn't work as intended or described.
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

JustinThyme
Level 13
Samsung Data migration supports all their consumer SSDs. 99.9 % of the time it works just fine.
A paid alternative is Acronis True Image, it works very well. I use it for cloning and back up as its one of the few that does a true incremental back up.
A decent free software is Macrium Reflect, its the go to freebie for drives that are not Samsung and in the rate instance Samsung data migration tool doesn't work.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein