cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creator update has made my GL702VM laptop a boat anchor

Darcwolf
Level 7
Using a GL702VM, can't install the latest nvidia driver because it doesn't detect hardware, I use the generic windows driver and the video card doesn't even realize I'm play a game and keeps the gpu speeds down at 300mhz, or whatever it sets it at when it doesn't detect it's doing anything, I can tell this for 2 reasons, first off my FPS is absolutly horrible, and the laptop is quiet. Anyone who owns this thing knows that it sounds like a jet engine when gaming due to it's HORRIBLE cooling. The ROG gaming center won't detect the cpu or gpu, attempting to install the video drivers on the asus website just results in a bluescreen or failed installation.
6 REPLIES 6

warryabel
Level 7
u can use the forum to resolve ur issue or not...
last days minimum 3 posts about this!

warryabel wrote:
u can use the forum to resolve ur issue or not...
last days minimum 3 posts about this!

What? Is that English? I'm gonna guess you mean read the forums, I did. I saw a few posts about the hardware compatibility thing, but nothing about the device just outright not recognizing that it was playing a game.

BoutTime
Level 7
Darcwolf wrote:
Using a GL702VM, can't install the latest nvidia driver because it doesn't detect hardware, I use the generic windows driver and the video card doesn't even realize I'm play a game and keeps the gpu speeds down at 300mhz, or whatever it sets it at when it doesn't detect it's doing anything, I can tell this for 2 reasons, first off my FPS is absolutly horrible, and the laptop is quiet. Anyone who owns this thing knows that it sounds like a jet engine when gaming due to it's HORRIBLE cooling. The ROG gaming center won't detect the cpu or gpu, attempting to install the video drivers on the asus website just results in a bluescreen or failed installation.

Just download a previous driver manually from the Nvidia site.

BoutTime wrote:
Just download a previous driver manually from the Nvidia site.

I did, it made no difference, does not detect it's actually playing a game. It actually worked very well when I was on the preview build also. But after this fresh install it's horrible.

JustinThyme
Level 13
To use with your Laptop

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

warryabel
Level 7
are u user or troll? do a simple rollback or read carefully! :confused: