Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello,

VSync settings are set to ON in both cases.

And in third case, I set VSync to off and made tests with DSR to see if it will help about mouse lag (it helps).

VSync: Fast not working -> games crashes after start

My external monitor don't support vertical sync (if it's important)

Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-OP View Post
    Hi ISTIMAC,

Do you mind to confirm what was your VSYNC settings when you did the benchmarks?
    If possible, for both before and after engaging DSR please.

Many thanks for your kind helps in advanced.

regards,

Moderator Array

Hi ISTIMAC,

Thank you very much for the valuable info.

Do you happen to have the in game scores with Vsync turned off in both driver and game? VSync will limit the refreshment rate to 60Hz, resulting in GPU not able to go beyond 60FPS while it stutters and lock your FPS to the nearest level like 45FPS or 30FPS when dropping below 60FPS, causing relatively lower readings.

When we benchmark we will turn off VSync or run Fast Sync to make sure we are seeing what the GPU can really do at its maximum capability.

To my understanding LCD monitors should all support VSync, are you referring to G-Sync when you meant your monitor could not support G-Sync bro?

Please kindly advice.

regards,

Quote Originally Posted by ISTIMAC View Post
    Hello,

VSync settings are set to ON in both cases.

And in third case, I set VSync to off and made tests with DSR to see if it will help about mouse lag (it helps).

VSync: Fast not working -> games crashes after start

My external monitor don't support vertical sync (if it's important)

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello,

Yes, you're right, my monitor don't have g-sync

All games are played with 4K resolution, V-sync is off in both nvidia cpanel and game settings, graphic settings all set to max.

GAME: GTX1080Ti
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Deus Ex Mankind Divided: 48-55 FPS
    DOOM: 81 FPS
    GTA V: 35-45 FPS (i don't know why i got that lover results first time with VSync on)
    Mafia III: 35-40 FPS
    Prey: 50-55 FPS
    Watch Dogs 2 (High Res Texture pack): 20 FPS
    GR Wildlands: 25-30 FPS

But looks like, mouse lag is still not solved vith vsync off. Still, I can expirience mouse lag, in all games.
    Lets say, Doom, game is about 80 FPS, and when i expirience mouse lag it drops to 70 FPS (and after 1 sec returns to 80 FPS). Prey is abot 50 FPS and when I expirience mouse lag it drops to 41 FPS (and after 1 sec returns to about 50)

Best regards

QUOTE=ASUS-OP;651076]Hi ISTIMAC,

Do you happen to have the in game scores with Vsync turned off in both driver and game? VSync will limit the refreshment rate to 60Hz, resulting in GPU not able to go beyond 60FPS while it stutters and lock your FPS to the nearest level like 45FPS or 30FPS when dropping below 60FPS, causing relatively lower readings.

When we benchmark we will turn off VSync or run Fast Sync to make sure we are seeing what the GPU can really do at its maximum capability.

To my understanding LCD monitors should all support VSync, are you referring to G-Sync when you meant your monitor could not support G-Sync bro?

Please kindly advice.

regards,[/QUOTE]

Moderator Array

Hi ISTIMAC,

Thank you for the update. This performance look more reasonable now.

Will you get the mouse lag issue without DSR enabled bro?
    Also when you test these games, do you mind to also let you know whether you ran them under DX11 or DX12 mode? (if available to choose)

regards,

Hello,

Yes, you're right, my monitor don't have g-sync

All games are played with 4K resolution, V-sync is off in both nvidia cpanel and game settings, graphic settings all set to max.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided: 48-55 FPS
    DOOM: 81 FPS
    GTA V: 35-45 FPS (i don't know why i got that lover results first time with VSync on)
    Mafia III: 35-40 FPS

But looks like, mouse lag is still not solved with vsync off. Still, I can experience mouse lag, in all games.
    Lets say, Doom, game is about 80 FPS, and when i experience mouse lag it drops to 70 FPS (and after 1 sec returns to 80 FPS). Prey is abot 50 FPS and when I experience mouse lag it drops to 41 FPS (and after 1 sec returns to about 50)

Best regards

QUOTE=ASUS-OP;651076]Hi ISTIMAC,

Please kindly advice.

regards,
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by ASUS-OP; 05-17-2017 at 07:53 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi,

Without DSR there is mouse lag, but not that big noticable. On DOOM and GTAV I can't notice mouse lag, on Prey and GR: Wildlands I notice mouse lag, but Prey runs in about 120 FPS, and GR: Wildlands about 45). When I notice mouse lag on Prey, FPS drops at about 100-110 FPSm and retuns to about 120 in 1 sec

I run all games under default DX settings, i think on most games it is DX11 (GTA5 has no DX12), on Prey and Wildlands I can't find how to change DX version.

Hi ISTIMAC,

Thank you for the update. This performance look more reasonable now.

Will you get the mouse lag issue without DSR enabled bro?
    Also when you test these games, do you mind to also let you know whether you ran them under DX11 or DX12 mode? (if available to choose)

regards,
    [/QUOTE]

Moderator Array

Hi ISTIMAC,

Thank you for your continuous contribution on this topic.

Do you mind to help and check if manually setting PhysX to CPU will help to improve the mouse lag and low frame rate issue?
    Also, if there is a in-game switch for PhysX, please also try turning them off to see if that helps with the mouse lag issue.

Please not that this test may not be the fix, just trying to reduce the complexity of GPU work to see if we can isolate the reported symptoms to drivers.

regards,

Quote Originally Posted by istimac View Post
    hi,

without dsr there is mouse lag, but not that big noticable. On doom and gtav i can't notice mouse lag, on prey and gr: Wildlands i notice mouse lag, but prey runs in about 120 fps, and gr: Wildlands about 45). When i notice mouse lag on prey, fps drops at about 100-110 fpsm and retuns to about 120 in 1 sec

i run all games under default dx settings, i think on most games it is dx11 (gta5 has no dx12), on prey and wildlands i can't find how to change dx version.
    [/quote]
    Last edited by ASUS-OP; 05-19-2017 at 04:08 AM. Reason: provided wrong suggestion

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi,

No problem, i'm glad if can help.

Hm, I not sure what happened now. PhysX has been set to Auto-Select (and auto select is GTX1060). I changed PhysX to CPU and there is not mouse lag at all. Then i changed it to GTX1080Ti and there is also no mouse lag at all. Then I returned to Auto-select (GTX1060) and there is no mouse lag at all. I don't get it. I play with all same settings, when i turned off DSR i made windows restart. Now i realy don't understand why there is no mouse lag in any physX setting

Hi ISTIMAC,

Thank you for your continuous contribution on this topic.

Do you mind to help and check if manually setting PhysX to CPU will help to improve the mouse lag and low frame rate issue?
    Also, if there is a in-game switch for PhysX, please also try turning them off to see if that helps with the mouse lag issue.

Please not that this test may not be the fix, just trying to reduce the complexity of GPU work to see if we can isolate the reported symptoms to drivers.

regards,
    [/QUOTE]

Moderator Array

Hi ISTIMAC,

Glad to see the problem goes away. This sounds like an unexpected driver behavior. My guess is the driver shouldn't even consider reusing GTX1060 in the first place, driver may not know how to handle such configuration and result in an unexpected handling of PhysX loads.

Since the mouse lag issue goes away, do you mind to confirm whether the frame rates actually improves or got more stable in the games you have listed after the change?

regards,

Hi,

No problem, i'm glad if can help.

Hm, I not sure what happened now. PhysX has been set to Auto-Select (and auto select is GTX1060). I changed PhysX to CPU and there is not mouse lag at all. Then i changed it to GTX1080Ti and there is also no mouse lag at all. Then I returned to Auto-select (GTX1060) and there is no mouse lag at all. I don't get it. I play with all same settings, when i turned off DSR i made windows restart. Now i realy don't understand why there is no mouse lag in any physX setting

[/QUOTE]

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi,

I made test in 4K resolution, and there is no mouse lag in 4k, and I think some results are better

Deus Ex Mankind Divided: 50-55
    DOOM: 80 FPS
    GTA V: 40-45 FPS
    Mafia III: 40 FPS

Now there is no mouse lag in any game in 4K. And FPS are more stable.

Will same results be on 4K monitor with native 4K resolution (maybe DRS is slower than standard render)?

Hi ISTIMAC,

Glad to see the problem goes away. This sounds like an unexpected driver behavior. My guess is the driver shouldn't even consider reusing GTX1060 in the first place, driver may not know how to handle such configuration and result in an unexpected handling of PhysX loads.

Since the mouse lag issue goes away, do you mind to confirm whether the frame rates actually improves or got more stable in the games you have listed after the change?

regards,
    [/QUOTE]

Moderator Array

Hi ISTIMAC,

Glad to see the cause of the performance hiccup is clarified.

Can you please kindly advice if this result was taken with PhysX parked at:
    - Manual (CPU)
    - Manual (GTX1080Ti)
    - Auto (GTX1060)

I will also be curious to know as my test bed does not have built-in GPU to test this difference.

Ideally the performance you get with DSR should be almost the same as the real resolution, if not identical, as the image is rendered in such resolution, then shrink it down to meet the resolution of your panel.

regards,

Hi,

I made test in 4K resolution, and there is no mouse lag in 4k, and I think some results are better

Deus Ex Mankind Divided: 50-55
    DOOM: 80 FPS
    GTA V: 40-45 FPS
    Mafia III: 40 FPS

Now there is no mouse lag in any game in 4K. And FPS are more stable.

Will same results be on 4K monitor with native 4K resolution (maybe DRS is slower than standard render)?
    [/QUOTE]

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast