Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok,
    I run Ghost Recon Wildlands on FHD and ultra settings, and i got about 40 FPS. But this page (https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA....199810.0.html) says it should be around 70.

Integrated GTX1060 gives same result, but it is correct result for this GPU (https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile....169547.0.html)

So is it ok to expirience some lower FPS in games? I guess it's normal becouse GPU is not directly connected to motherboard?

And yes, I'm sure that i'm running Wildlands on GTX1080TI becouse monitor is connected directly on this GPU, and this GPU heats when I start game.
    Last edited by ISTIMAC; 04-19-2017 at 07:53 AM.

Moderator Array

Hi ISTMAC,

Do you mind to test with max AA settings in Nvidia driver at the same resolution comparing the GTX1060 (direct connection inside notebook) and GTX1080Ti via XG STATION 2 (Microsoft Hybrid Graphics) and share the results with us?

Many thanks for your kind help in advanced.

regards,

Quote Originally Posted by ISTIMAC View Post
    Ok, look like it's working now.

But with drivers 378.92 (i found them on nvidia archive, and this drivers are new enought to support gtx1080ti). I'll now try how it works on gaming. Novabench gives me 55 FPS (GTX1060 gave around same number).

Now I'm using only external monitor connected to GTX1080Ti.

In attachment you can see GTX1080TI is now working correctly.

So if anyone have problem with drivers 381.65, can try with 378.92. You can download older and beta versions from here (http://www.nvidia.com/drivers/beta).

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello,

Yes I can do this, I would like to help make eGPU better.

I'm not sure did I undestand your question. So do I need to play game with max settings on FHD on GTX1060 (notebook GPU) and then make test with same game graphic settings with GTX1080Ti via XG Station 2?

You can send me all parameters for test (disable internal monitor when playing on XGS2, connect additional USB cable to XGS2, etc).

And I'll make all test and send results.

And one question (please look at attached image), when I play game, and game process apears to GTX1080Ti tab, it's for sure that GTX1080Ti is used to render game?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos gpu.jpg  

Moderator Array

Hi ISTIMAC,

With regards to the performance concern you have raised, comparing straight connection with Hybrid Graphics, there will definitely be a gap due to the architecture difference. This can be improved with fine tuning of firmware. I have just sent you the Turbo performance firmware for the XG STATION 2.
    Please kindly give it a try and let us know how your system combination performs after this change.

regards,

Ok,
    I run Ghost Recon Wildlands on FHD and ultra settings, and i got about 40 FPS. But this page (https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA....199810.0.html) says it should be around 70.

Integrated GTX1060 gives same result, but it is correct result for this GPU (https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile....169547.0.html)

So is it ok to expirience some lower FPS in games? I guess it's normal becouse GPU is not directly connected to motherboard?

And yes, I'm sure that i'm running Wildlands on GTX1080TI becouse monitor is connected directly on this GPU, and this GPU heats when I start game.

Moderator Array

Hi ISTIMAC,

Yes, that is correct. We will like your help to check if by raising the rendering load will make your GTX1080Ti to shine on the XG STATION.
    What I need is the result with max settings inside Nvidia driver instead of only in games for maximum anti-aliasing with all effects full on.
    The new firmware I just sent you will help to improve PCIE performance over Thunderbolt 3. Please kindly let us know how it turns out for you bro.

Many thanks.

regards,

Hello,

Yes I can do this, I would like to help make eGPU better.

I'm not sure did I undestand your question. So do I need to play game with max settings on FHD on GTX1060 (notebook GPU) and then make test with same game graphic settings with GTX1080Ti via XG Station 2?

You can send me all parameters for test (disable internal monitor when playing on XGS2, connect additional USB cable to XGS2, etc).

And I'll make all test and send results.

And one question (please look at attached image), when I play game, and game process apears to GTX1080Ti tab, it's for sure that GTX1080Ti is used to render game?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi,

I run firmware upgrade, and on 95% it shows me message (attached) and monitor connected to XGS2 becomes black. I removed then thunderbold cable from laptop, and installation says it's completed. XGS2 now don't work until I restart windows, then all is normal.

I'm not sure is firmware installation completed or not, when I run upgrade again (after windows restart) it show me Current PD version: NA (image attached). I tried to complete installation 3 times, and it's same in any try. So, maybe I'm doing something wrong (do i need to unplug GTX1080Ti from XGS before installing firmware upgrade?) Or installation is complete successfuly (but I think it is not)? But anyway, so far there is no any improvment during playing PC games, GR Wildlands on all max details and FHD gives around 40 fps on GTX1060 and 1080Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-OP View Post
    Hi ISTIMAC,

Yes, that is correct. We will like your help to check if by raising the rendering load will make your GTX1080Ti to shine on the XG STATION.
    What I need is the result with max settings inside Nvidia driver instead of only in games for maximum anti-aliasing with all effects full on.
    The new firmware I just sent you will help to improve PCIE performance over Thunderbolt 3. Please kindly let us know how it turns out for you bro.

Many thanks.

regards,
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos sl2.jpg  

sl1.jpg  

Last edited by ISTIMAC; 04-20-2017 at 11:20 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi,

I set up settings in nvidia control panel (image attached). And all in game settings are set to max. And still GTX1080Ti and 1060 (laptop) gives me around 40 fps in GR: Wildlands.

So, if need to set up some other settings, can you please provide detailed info how to do this or screenshot (a'm not pro in this settings, so maybe i miss something)?

And 3D mark gives me much better results, so I'm not sure what's wrong when playing games. Why 3D Mark can use potential of GTX1080Ti, but PC Games can't?

My results:
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/19403899 (1080Ti)
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/19404003 (1060)

Hi ISTIMAC,

Many thanks.

regards,
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos nvidia.jpg  

Last edited by ISTIMAC; 04-20-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Moderator Array

Hi ISTIMAC,

As replied to you over private message, if you can see those two screen, and get the final message saying firmware update complete, then it is fine.
    The NA display on the PD version is just display problem, we will fix that in the official release.

Sorry for the confusions caused.

regards,

Hi,

I run firmware upgrade, and on 95% it shows me message (attached) and monitor connected to XGS2 becomes black. I removed then thunderbold cable from laptop, and installation says it's completed. XGS2 now don't work until I restart windows, then all is normal.

I'm not sure is firmware installation completed or not, when I run upgrade again (after windows restart) it show me Current PD version: NA (image attached). I tried to complete installation 3 times, and it's same in any try. So, maybe I'm doing something wrong (do i need to unplug GTX1080Ti from XGS before installing firmware upgrade?) Or installation is complete successfuly (but I think it is not)? But anyway, so far there is no any improvment during playing PC games, GR Wildlands on all max details and FHD gives around 40 fps on GTX1060 and 1080Ti

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello,

Can you please answer to this post (you can find images in original post, posted 2017-04-20):

Hi,
    I set up settings in nvidia control panel (image attached). And all in game settings are set to max. And still GTX1080Ti and 1060 (laptop) gives me around 40 fps in GR: Wildlands.

So, if need to set up some other settings, can you please provide detailed info how to do this or screenshot (i'm not pro in this settings, so maybe i miss something)?

And 3D mark gives me much better results, so I'm not sure what's wrong when playing games. Why 3D Mark can use potential of GTX1080Ti, but PC Games can't?

My results:
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/19403899 (1080Ti)
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/19404003 (1060)

And if I buy 4K monitor, will i be able to get about 40 fps is GR: Wildlands on 4K and ultra settings? And can you explain Microsoft Hybrid Graphics technology? Is this reason why I have same FPS in GR: wildlands (and other games, mass effect andromeda, watch dogs 2, ...) on GTX1060 and GTX1080Ti (XGS2)? You mentioned Microsoft Hybrid Graphics technology, but can you explain more about this? I tested with all max details in game and max AA settings in FHD. But maybe we'll see difference in 4K gaming or upcomming graphic more intensive games? maybe 3D Mark is more graphic intensive and that's reason why there I can see big difference on GTX1060 and GTX1080Ti (XGS2)?

I think if you explain this, it will clear things to many XG Station 2 owners. And it would be great to make some blog or single article and write all details about XGS2, Microsoft Hybrid Graphics technology, XGS2 installation, setup, etc.

Thanks in advance

Hi ISTIMAC,

As replied to you over private message, if you can see those two screen, and get the final message saying firmware update complete, then it is fine.
    The NA display on the PD version is just display problem, we will fix that in the official release.

Sorry for the confusions caused.

regards,
    Last edited by ISTIMAC; 04-22-2017 at 01:15 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Is anybody there ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast