cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on back bottom of asus rogg752 laptop not shutting down when powering off

gamer734
Level 7
Hello again,
I just tonight started noticing this, my laptop when shut down still has the red light on in the back. I'm talking about the redlights on the bottom part of the laptop not the laptop cover redlight which shuts down fine. The lights where the dust cover and vent area is on bot back of the laptop.

Not sure if this has been going on for long and i just didnt notice it but it seems weird. I think i would notice since i like my room dark and now theirs this red aura coming from my laptop. Not sure if i messed with a setting i didnt notice or something.

I searched online to fix my problem and found a suggestion to turn off fast startup under the power options. That didnt do anything for me.

Any suggestions?
14 REPLIES 14

Clintlgm
Level 14
Check again and insure the power button and shut down, select shut down, in sure your not shutting down to Hybrid shut down/Sleep
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

JustinThyme
Level 13
Disable fast start. There's nothing fast about it and it just causes issues such as this.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

gamer734
Level 7
Ok i just double checked i disabled fast start last night. I also insured im not shutting down into sleep mode as i disabled sleep mode completely.

The power button is shutting off and the red lit up icon on the back of the lid is shutting down. The red lights behind the vents are whats staying on.

This has to be a recent problem i havent done any updates or anything. I would of for sure noticed this.

Any other ideas?

gamer734
Level 7
I'm reading through the recent threads on the forum. Sounds like there was some automatic update dont recently.

Could that be the reason behind my glitches?

gamer734
Level 7
So i tried a system restore there was a "critical update" On April 13. Problem is when it finishes it says something about "system restore did not restore setting and windows files try a diff system restore point". I have no other system restore points before April 13.

I'm guessing that April 13 update did something to the computer and now the lights on the back near vent wont shut down. I worry this is going to do something bad to my laptop ive already had other problems with the motherboard.

Any suggestions on a fix for this?

Yes that would have been the CU upgrade. I suggest you download use MCT and create a install USB. Then run the upgrade install from within windows. This should clean up the defective CU update C reator U pgrade.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

gamer734
Level 7
I've still no figured out a fix for he red light on the back of my computer. Its just always on no matter what. I would like to shut it off. I have a international flight next week and dont want it to look like my laptop wont shut off.

Does anybody have any ideas for this? It seems weird that i cant shut the light off on the back.

Hmmm guess its hard to see on that picture because of the size. You can see it a bit though. Let me try it this way.

gamer734
Level 7
Maybe a picture would help. This is the light im talking about.