cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS - Creators Update issues

thesting
Level 7
1. My screen does not come back on after closing and re-opening the lid.
2. I can only install the original graphics drivers that came with the laptop, all others result in an error message.
3. The gfx card fan revs up and slows down constantly.
15 REPLIES 15

Clintlgm
Level 14
I would use the MCT from MS and create a USB Install Chip. From within window start the upgrade again you might have better luck, than just letting the upgrade run from MS Updtes
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

thesting
Level 7
Yeah I think all my problems are gfx related.

Hi,

1. try to change the energy settings - define lid close to nothing or power down. any hibernation or energy saving is - in my eyes - buggy. I always had problems with all laptops.
2. try to install the second latest driver. the latest driver arent working - a problem which i also had and in another thread mentioned as a general problem.
3. Some laptops start to power fan with reverse direction at startup to blow the dust out first. Then they change to the correct direction in a speed they need. I dont know if it is the case here or not. In general, i recommend to use a laptop cooler below the laptop.

GTW: I have a G752VS with 1070.

thesting
Level 7
My energy setting (under power option) was "do nothing", that's the one which keeps my screen dark.
I can't install ANY drivers (even the ones I had installed before the update) other than the official Asus ones.

andreacos92 wrote:
Try this http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4453/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-381.78

Did try that. Problem still remain the same.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Same problems
My screen goes black and does not come back on after closing and re-opening the lid.
I have to hardboot or connect another Screen to restore the notebook screen...

fricoweb wrote:
Same problems
My screen goes black and does not come back on after closing and re-opening the lid.
I have to hardboot or connect another Screen to restore the notebook screen...

you have this problem at first boot startup?
i have black screen at first startup of my notebook (wnen i boot first time )

No one has mentioned which Version Graphics Driver they are using so this may be the problem and may help identify it at least.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92560-Nvidia-Display-Driver-381-65-will-NOT-Install-or-Wor...

Hope this helps!
There Can Be Only One!