cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7700k oc to 5Ghz

injen1
Level 7
Hello ppl ,
Can please someone tell me what settings I have to make in bios to go at 5Ghz.
I have a custom water loop and I am stable at 4.8 Ghz with all auto , I have maximums viii extreme.
Thank in advance

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G935F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
28 REPLIES 28

Nate152
Hi injen1

What Vcore do you need for 4.8GHz?

If you're letting the Vcore on auto try 1.35v with the core ratio at 50.

All cpu's are different so some will need more or less voltage for the same speed, here's Mafia III with my 7700k
at 5.0GHz with 1.312v.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi injen1

What Vcore do you need for 4.8GHz?

If you're letting the Vcore on auto try 1.35v with the core ratio at 50.

All cpu's are different so some will need more or less voltage for the same speed, here's Mafia III with my 7700k
at 5.0GHz with 1.312v.

HOLY MOLY! What a great Overclock

is that your memory runing 4100mhz speed? OH MY DROOOOOOOL

your CPU 7700k runing at 5ghz for just 1.312v is just too sexy!!! mine is runing well around 1.364v and for 4.5ghz lol

how is your PCH voltage? also how did u get your RAM to be that high with a 5ghz cpu!!

your the best NATE

Nate152
Hi AKBAAR

Is your cpu at default settings? If so you can lower the voltage a good bit.

The memory you're referring to is the Vram on the ROG Strix 1070, double 4622MHz and it is running at 9244MHz. My system ram is running at 3000MHz.

PCH voltage is 1.024v and PCH temp is 43c.

I had my 7700k up to 5.2GHz but have since backed it down to 5.0GHz until I delid it.

AKBAAR
Level 9

Should I just keep all the settings on AUTO and play with cpu voltage manually.

Nate152

injen1
Level 7
At 4.8 Ghz I am at 1.21 V but no matter what I do it doesn't go higher , can I have a screenshot of your bios settings please?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G935F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

JustinThyme
Level 13
First thing is to get off of the AI suite and use BIOS to OC instead.
There are many OC guides posted, and I do mean many.
Here is just one of them
http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/01/31/kaby-lake-overclocking-guide/?_ga=1.60682797.1274612154.1485930838
Im not too fond of Raja's methods or order of operations or jumping all over the place from one thing to another but this will at least ge you familiar with the settings.
If you go into you BIOS it doesn't take much to hit 5GHz if your chip is capable. About half cannot make 5Ghz and only about 5% make 5.2GHz

As Stated try 1.35 or so, Im at 1.315 for 5Ghz.
Leave the RAM, Core cache etc alone until you get your CPU up then you can walk the rest up after.
In Digi + Tab set Load line calibration to at least 5 then CPU current to at least 120% as well as 120% for Dram, phase control to optimized for both CPU and Dram.
You can tweak it from there, just a starting point.
Also please post up ALL of your PC specs for any possible trouble shooting should it be needed. What Ram, GPU and settings, temps your are reaching etc all come into play.

Dont be too upset if you cant reach 5GHz as its a 50/50 chance you wont, My first 7700K wouldnt make it past 4.8GHz no matter what I tried. Pretty much all can reach 4.8GHz with an occasional total dud.

I cant express the importance enough of doing this in the BIOS and not AI suite. AI suite will bite you, its just a matter of time. One little glitch while you are running is all it takes. If you are doing it from the BIOS and the OC fails then it will reboot and tell you it failed to post and to make changes. AI suite will just brick your machine.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

AKBAAR
Level 9
understood! good points

Nate152
All you really need to play with is the cpu core ratio and the cpu core/cache voltage.

Here's a screenshot of HWinfo, click the pic to make it bigger.