cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My one year old ROG G751 won't charge!! :(

FIFOPS73
Level 7
Hi guys!!

One month before I did 0 calibration in my G751 and it's not charging after that. It's just showing 0% plugged in, not charging. The led blinks red and green. For a month my laptop would only run with an AC source plugged in. But now Laptop shuts down after 1 min of usage.
When I accessed battery report from CMD
It shows :-

DESIGN CAPACITY 90,000 mWh
FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 67,050 mWh

Can you guys suggest me any method to repair this.
I'm from India and my warranty is expired.
Thanks in advance!!!
4 REPLIES 4

warryabel
Level 7
u can try to do a reset! make a shut down. after that hold the powerbutton for 5 or 6 seconds till the light goes orange/yellow.

warryabel wrote:
u can try to do a reset! make a shut down. after that hold the powerbutton for 5 or 6 seconds till the light goes orange/yellow.

It's not helping dude!!

JustinThyme
Level 13
Firstly these are not Nickel based batteries, Discharging them to 0 state is actually detrimental to their health. There is no memory, they require no calibration.
These are Lithium polymer batteries and operate off of a balance charge system.
The G751s in particular have experienced a lot of battery failures, some are premature but others are due to people trying to treat new technology like old technology.
At this point Im afraid the only thing you can do is replace the battery. I dont know how skilled you are but it does take opening up the laptop to do it.
Going forward a few things to keep in mind.
Any high performance notebook, regardless of who makes it, is not meant to be run on battery for extended periods nor are they meant to do intensive applications while on battery. They are more geared toward desktop replacements. If you require a machine that runs on battery a lot then look to a different type of machine with more meager graphics and CPU. Most things like media, browsing, document creation etc does not require a lot of power and can be done for extended periods on machines designed around that type of use. I can use my G752VY for menial non intensive apps with battery saving on and 2 hours is about all Im going to get if Im lucky. I can do the same with a Surface pro 4 and get 10 hours.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Firstly these are not Nickel based batteries, Discharging them to 0 state is actually detrimental to their health. There is no memory, they require no calibration.
These are Lithium polymer batteries and operate off of a balance charge system.
The G751s in particular have experienced a lot of battery failures, some are premature but others are due to people trying to treat new technology like old technology.
At this point Im afraid the only thing you can do is replace the battery. I dont know how skilled you are but it does take opening up the laptop to do it.
Going forward a few things to keep in mind.
Any high performance notebook, regardless of who makes it, is not meant to be run on battery for extended periods nor are they meant to do intensive applications while on battery. They are more geared toward desktop replacements. If you require a machine that runs on battery a lot then look to a different type of machine with more meager graphics and CPU. Most things like media, browsing, document creation etc does not require a lot of power and can be done for extended periods on machines designed around that type of use. I can use my G752VY for menial non intensive apps with battery saving on and 2 hours is about all Im going to get if Im lucky. I can do the same with a Surface pro 4 and get 10 hours.

Thanks! So the only thing I can do is to replace the battery?