cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No POST, No Boot, Power Received... What Now?

Heatshiver
Level 7
I just put together a new rig today:

AMD Ryzen 1800X
ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
Thermaltake Water Extreme 2.0 w/AM3 backplate
G.Skill 4x16GB Ripjaws V 2400MHz (Samsung B Die)
ASUS Strix A8G GTX 1080
ASUS Sonar Essence STX w/Burson Op-Amps
Samsung SM961 256GB NVME SSD
Crucial 1TB MX300
Rosewill Tokamak 1200w 80 Plus Platinum

Everything Is new but the RAM. The motherboard states it is revision 1.03.

-----

With everything plugged in, the Aurora LED's light up right away. The "CPU Ready" LED is green. But pushing the "Start" button does nothing...

I can hear a little click when it tries to start, followed by nothing. I tried the case power button with the same effect. No POST beeps, no Q-Code, no indication off any issue.

At first I noticed the red LED for the ATX 8-pin showing, so I had to make sure the connectors were completely in (the fans from the AIO rad give almost space to these connectors). I have both the 4-pin and 8-pin connected. But after making the red LED go away, it still Will not start...

I am unsure where to go from here..?

-----

• I had removed the NVME, but this changed nothing.
  • I tried every available motherboard button getting the same results.
  • I tried to loosen the AIO from the CPU getting the same results.
  • I tried a single stick of RAM in both DIMM 1 and DIMM 2 getting the same results.

-----

Could it be the BIOS? The AIO? Any guidance and help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi Heatshiver

No Q-code is not a good sign.

Try setting the motherboard up on the box it came in as a test bench to rule out any ground problem, if this doesn't help clear the cmos and update the bios with the bios flashback feature.

Make sure the 24-pin main power cable is secured to the motherboard.

Inspect the cpu socket for any bent pins.

If still no Q-code then it's likely a faulty motherboard or psu.

Might try reseating the CPU as well if you haven't already, and as was already said, the power cables to the board. Testing the board outside the case was also a good idea for what you're describing, though it sounds like that may take some effort. But the first PC I ever built years ago behaved similar to what you're describing, and it was a ground issue with one of the standoffs.

Bahz
Level 12
Please use search first as there are quite a few other threads related to memory issues or C6H not posting. By having everyone post in the same thread will allow other users to provide you with help much faster and help us reduce the need to have unnecessary additional threads which through long term build up will slow down the entire forum.

I would recommend continuing this discussion in this thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91842-Asus-Crosshair-VI-Hero-Q-Code-8-Not-Starting