cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XTU settings in the BIOS

Medico
Level 7
Hi to all,

I have a question about XTU settings in the BIOS. It gives a choice between auto and numbers from 1 to 7. Is that settings affects Intel Extreme Tuning functions specially that the benchmark can be completed without BSOD? If it so, what settings should I choose?

Thanks,
Medico
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hi Medico

I believe what you are referring to is the LLC setting. LLC helps with v-droop and the higher you go with it the more it will overshoot the voltage you set.

I have LLC set to 6 and the voltage pretty much stays where I set it at 1.310v, if I set LLC to 7 it will go up to like 1.328v.

What you can do is monitor the vcore under load and see how much it's overshooting what you're setting and adjust LLC to that, or you can use an offset.

It seems you need a little more vcore to pass the benchmark hence why LLC at level 7 is passing the benchmark.

Good question. I've researched a bit on the web and cannot find an answer either but I have a feeling it is with saving profiles. Nate, XTU is an overclocking utility by Intel, it was standard on my old Intel Extreme DP67BG board, back then you had to have an extreme board to use it. It makes changes from within OS for overclocking plus has stress tests and benchmarking. I don't believe it is LLC because then there would be two settings in the BIOS for vdroop but you never know until more info becomes of it.

Menthol
Level 14
We would need Raja, or someone to step in for a detailed explanation, I am not sure exactly what the setting does but it may help with your score in Intel XTU, but it would be a trial and error thing to find out if it helps or not. You would need to reboot and try every step while leaving every other setting in the bios the same. I have not bothered to do this myself.

jab383
Level 13
When I tried checking all the settings, there was some variation in XTU score only when there were two RAM sticks installed. That setting does nothing when 4 sticks are used.

meankeys
Level 13
I believe Nate has the right answer.

Thanks Nate