cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VS Enabled Secure Boot + set keys from HDD, now black display + no BIOS display

Radium
Level 7
Hi all, today on my GL502VS I was troubleshooting my computer being unable to reboot after installing the creator's update and I

1. Enabled Secure Boot
2. Set keys from the existing samsung hdd
3. Now when I power on, the power lights show but all I get is a black screen, not even BIOS displays.

I have tried
1. External display --- no display.
2. CTRL + HOME boot with a USB stick formatted as FAT32 with the latest GL502VS-AS.301 BIOS renamed to the following with no luck getting the flash drive light to stay on:
AMIBOOT.BIN
AMIBOOT.ROM
ASUS.ROM
GL502.BIN
GL502.ROM
GL502VS.BIN
GL502VS.ROM
GL502VS-AS.301
GL502VS-AS.BIN
GL502VS-AS.ROM

Does anyone know the BIN name of the BIOS for the GL502VS laptop or have any other suggestions that might get the laptop display to come back to life?

I'd like to avoid having to send it in on RMA since I'm heading out on a trip on wednesday and the laptop would be most helpful during my trip.

I wish this laptop would just work... I've already had to have the motherboard replaced once due to displayport not working, now it won't even show a BIOS screen on the built in display. Not to mention windows creator's update install kept on restoring during the install process and nvidia's latest drivers not being supported by their installer for the second time. 😕

Thanks ahead of time!
7 REPLIES 7

matasoff
Level 7
Hello! I have same problem. Tell me, please, how did you solved this problem. Thanks.

Hamra
Level 7
Has anyone had this problem and solved it? I pulled my hair, but nothing works, including everything OP tried.

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
So how exactly did that happened? BIOS update gone wrong? changed something in the BIOS? Enabled secure boot like OP did?

Try removing all the drives (m.2 and SATA/USB) and see if you get any video signal.

Hamra
Level 7
It's exactly as OP. Laptop was perfectly fine. I went to bios, added my personal Secure Boot keys to the PK and DB store. BIOS stopped POSTing. I gave up, and handed it to an authorized repairshop. He wants to charge me 1200 usd for a new board. This is so effed up it's ridiculous.

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
A bios reflash should bring your laptop back to life. All you need is a flash programmer and a soic8 clip. Costs around 5 bucks on ebay. Worth a try.

Trinh_Xuan_Hieu
Level 7
I have same problem with my GL503VS model.
Does anyone have fixed this?

ukasyah_rz
Level 7
Hi, did you solve it? I have the same problem with my laptop GL503VD